When Silence Makes You Incapable Of Speech

Status
Not open for further replies.
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Denominator said:
I would have expected more maturity coming from a member with so many posts in this forum. Also, your Avatar comment is abit childish, "Unbanned you fatties."

When you write a crit on somebody's artwork, try telling them why it blows. For crap sakes, ignorance is not needed around here m8.\

and i would have expected people to follow the directions of a mod that was said several posts earlier and not toss insults at another person

but alas u did not meet thoes expectations and as a result u get a warning

next time how about we follow what magus says and not insult people

Best answers
It looks too Emo.

Put some bunnies and bright colors in the pic and its perfect.

Best answers
Wesley Gibson said:
Put some bunnies and bright colors in the pic and its perfect.
Now that would fit the overall emotion in this picture :)

Anyways, thanks everyone for the more constructive criticism :)

Best answers
Sorry about that Hibiki, i was just generally dissapointed with that oke's attitude. :/

Best answers
oh i think this is great, a prefect example of how all of you guys fight over a piece of cheese lol. Ok the artwaork is good but the way i see it, pretty much all of you have made something similar in brush techniques, but how many of you can say it was as good as this, ? i mean ive seen some of your work with brushes and its nothing special but i like this piece, im not a fan of photo's in sigs and papers etc but this is not bad

-SaN

owa

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Denominator said:
Sorry about that Hibiki, i was just generally dissapointed with that oke's attitude. :/
Nothing wrong with my attitude. I simply said how I feel. I did not flame anyone, or put anyone down. A few of you took it into your own hands to keep going on about it. enough already.

So many found my comments hard to swallow, so I'll break it down in to a more detailed reasoning.

I'm not gonna repeat why I don't like it, but make it more coherent.

I did not like this piece because of what it represents. The idea is good, and symbolism is a great idea, but I don't think people should be so blunt about it. If you look at alot of art (be it drawings or music or writing) you'll notice the best stuff is left un-explained. Look at the Mona Lisa, it is so simple, yet it raises some questions (is she said? Happy?).

Plus this is so blantly obvious about what it is about, plus done in an unoriginal way. Far to often do we see dark backgrounds with a goth-esque girl thrown on top, being either blended or photo manipulated, then someone says "It is about being sad, and not able to show your emotions!".

I hate to say it, but it is overused. It may be good to a few people, but I am a very critical person when it comes to this type of art. Symbolism is the best form of art in my opinion, but it must be done right.

Just look at Cam De Leon (the guy who does most of Tool's artwork), he uses great symbolism within his work, I'm not expecting this cailber of work, but something better then what you made. You have the talent, just open up your mind, and try different things. Don't be afraid to be different, it may fail sometimes, but sooner or later it'll work, and work well.

Best answers
seee now wasent that better to do... oh and you do put people down, you prob dont mean to but most of your comments are un explained and seem offensive.

-SaN

Best answers
Please guys, stop arguing about what owa said about this "photomanip".

I know I can do better but like I said before, this were just my first steps into the world of photomanipulation so please cut me some slack since I'm only learning it as of now. I do plan on making more original works without the oh so boring emotions like hate and angst like you see now everywhere you look. But as this seemed the most simple feeling to represent in a work like that I decided to start off with that and try to build up to a more original style.

And to make this clear: I never got offended by owa's post. I just thought he didn't give enough constructive criticism and that's what I said. I am very happy now though now he explained why he thinks it blows. I am completely satisfied with his explanation and I appreciate his opinion about it. If I was offended by this I would just be pathetic.

Now please stop fighting :)

And thanks everyone who replied :)

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
owa said:
Nothing wrong with my attitude. I simply said how I feel. I did not flame anyone, or put anyone down. A few of you took it into your own hands to keep going on about it. enough already.

So many found my comments hard to swallow, so I'll break it down in to a more detailed reasoning.

I'm not gonna repeat why I don't like it, but make it more coherent.

I did not like this piece because of what it represents. The idea is good, and symbolism is a great idea, but I don't think people should be so blunt about it. If you look at alot of art (be it drawings or music or writing) you'll notice the best stuff is left un-explained. Look at the Mona Lisa, it is so simple, yet it raises some questions (is she said? Happy?).

Plus this is so blantly obvious about what it is about, plus done in an unoriginal way. Far to often do we see dark backgrounds with a goth-esque girl thrown on top, being either blended or photo manipulated, then someone says "It is about being sad, and not able to show your emotions!".

I hate to say it, but it is overused. It may be good to a few people, but I am a very critical person when it comes to this type of art. Symbolism is the best form of art in my opinion, but it must be done right.

Just look at Cam De Leon (the guy who does most of Tool's artwork), he uses great symbolism within his work, I'm not expecting this cailber of work, but something better then what you made. You have the talent, just open up your mind, and try different things. Don't be afraid to be different, it may fail sometimes, but sooner or later it'll work, and work well.

I myself agree with everything Owa stated, i have myself tried doing this type of art before, and it was under request of my girlfriend. I wasnt trying to communicate any of my own feelings and i didnt want to give of that teenage angst look, thats why i tried my best to avoid the cliche, but its unavoidable when you do a certain style of art thats been whored to death. I think if you went about this in your own way, you thought about the message you are trying to convey and the purpose behind the peice, it would be much better, at the moment it just looks like something ive seen before, and that isnt how art should be, descover something you wanna express and then create your image. The brushes in this are grungy and have a depressing style, where as you could make a peice with smooth foggy brushes and a cool calm picture and try to express being chilled out :]. Take it your own direction and adapt the best way you can ^_^

owa

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Guru_San said:
seee now wasent that better to do... oh and you do put people down, you prob dont mean to but most of your comments are un explained and seem offensive.

-SaN
Why can't you stay on topic? The mods told you to, why do you continue to try and get a rise out of me? I'm not gonna fall for it. You can take my comments however way you want, they are explained, just not word for word (I wouldn't think "I think it blows, this angst BS I see everywheres is old and cliche." needs much explaination, it seemed it did, so then I explained what I ment to the last detail)

Now if you'd please stop trying to bother me, maybe you could stop dragging this topic off-topic. Kthx bye.

Anyways, David is completely right, think outside the box.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom