When Silence Makes You Incapable Of Speech

Status
Not open for further replies.

owa

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think it blows, this angst BS I see everywheres is old and cliche.

Best answers
owa said:
Well, please, if you think it "blows" please tell me why it blows and give some constructive criticism. I'm only in the process of learning things and I would certainly want to improve. So if you would be so kind, would you please tell me how to improve it.

And by the way, everyone thanks for the comments.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Good!
It give a real feeling about the felling of the Boy/Girl... Its good brushed!

I really like that kind you done... GJ!

owa

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It blows because the name is stupid, and the idea is retarded. If you are gonna make symbolism, then atleast be original. Not this stupid teen angst crap.

Best answers
owa said:
It blows because the name is stupid, and the idea is retarded. If you are gonna make symbolism, then atleast be original. Not this stupid teen angst crap.
Stop being such an *******.

I think it looks great, good depth but to me it feels to monotone, give it some light shades of color, and maybe some nice text.

8/10

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
IT's simple, just like 2 textures laid over the picture with some lighting changes and you took out the nose...whoop dee do

Retired
Best answers
Idane said:

I think it looks great, good depth but to me it feels to monotone, give it some light shades of color, and maybe some nice text.

8/10

try to stay on topic or else the next person to flame will get a warning and the thread closed.

as for the pic, i'm with owa. I just don't feel it. and the fact that everyone is doing that nowadays just doesn't make it feel like its original

Best answers
i dont care how simple or how easy he made it, or did it..i think it rocks !
does it matter how long you work on something ? do you have to work hours on it to be beautifull ? do you have to make it hard....so i'd be better...

No not really specially not with this one Imo..
i think its great you only should remove the lip-pierce...it just doesnt fit..
overall very nice, i love the hair..

Best answers
it looks plain . . .

you have an image Stock

then you desatutrat it

then add a cloud effect

its bland and boring when i look at it, it reminds me of the cartoonish milk carton with a missing child

this whole dark and cloudy motiff is old and redundant, your measage is also bland as its not inspirational but bleh

you need to break the mold and make your own style

1/10

OH NOES A HIJACKER!

Lid: artwork should not add to your post count :\

«Lid»: "Hello and welcome back to the year 2002! Have you ever heard of grunge? Yeah this is new and fresh! Take any image and add a dark coploured splotch all over it and viola you have art."

«Lid»: "However this is not 2002. And this is not original in anyway. The fact that you try to claim it's "deep and meaningful" just shows how little it actually means. IT'S NOT DEEP OR MEANINGFUL. IT'S A GIRL WITH GRUNGE OVER HERSELF."

«Lid»: "Don't claim that we "don't get it". The thing is we get it, that's why it's unoriginal. OH I'M SO DARK AND LOST AND CRAWLING IN MY SKIN. You are not deep. You are not meaningful. You are angsty and not fresh."

Best answers
Idane said:
Don't worry, I can handle criticism. I even like it, it's just meant to be constructive which this just isn't.

Ecchi Pr0n said:
you need to break the mold and make your own style
It's not like I'm doing graphics for years and years now. I'm just in the process of learning and I am trying things out. This was my first "photomanipulation" (if you can call it that).

Ecchi Pr0n said:
then add a cloud effect
I never use that n00bish filter because it stinks ... so please, don't say that I use clouds ...

As a matter of fact, just take a good look at this comment:
Guest0043 said:
as for the pic, i'm with owa. I just don't feel it. and the fact that everyone is doing that nowadays just doesn't make it feel like its original
He also says that he doesn't like it but he isn't a complete retard who makes himself look like a fool by giving foolish remarks while it could also be said on a civilized way.

Ecchi Pr0n said:
«Lid»: "Don't claim that we "don't get it". The thing is we get it, that's why it's unoriginal. OH I'M SO DARK AND LOST AND CRAWLING IN MY SKIN. You are not deep. You are not meaningful. You are angsty and not fresh."
You even made me laugh with that sentence. I'm certainly not an angsty teenager who is looking for someone he can tell he is "crawling in his skin" or whatever you may think I am. I am just a regular kid who tries to get to know Photoshop through practice. If anyone of you guys who give the stupid remarks would just think for one second he would realise that I am not a great artist, which I never told, but just someone trying to get better with Photoshop.

Anyways, anyone who gave good criticism, wether you liked the picture or not: thanks.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Okay, people, if you are going to ***** and moan, do it at the art, not at each other.
Anymore stuff on whether it's angsty/emo/super-duper doesn't really matter, your opinions on tha tmatter have been voiced, now no more arguing on whether it's angst or whatever. It's now time to chill out, your..."opinions" have been heard and now it's time for constructive instead of hostile.

:\

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I can tel you spent alot of time on that drawing.
The only thing that seems out of place is the lips and the tounge, but I believe that is there to add a sence of darkness.
Might want to show the shoulders of the person barely seeable through a "burnt" texutre.
And maby the light would have been better only on one side of the face darkening the other side more. (it seems like the shade is off in other words)

Best answers
Well thank you KilledWithStyle. I will work on those aspects of the picture next time I do another one.

Best answers
I love the eyes... All else ... completly sucks for me... So no ofence...

Best answers
Thanks anyways for the comment :)
But please, state what you don't like about it and how to improve so I can do better on my next piece ...

Best answers
owa said:
I would have expected more maturity coming from a member with so many posts in this forum. Also, your Avatar comment is abit childish, "Unbanned you fatties."

When you write a crit on somebody's artwork, try telling them why it blows. For crap sakes, ignorance is not needed around here m8. Try taking into consideration that this guy worked on this picture not just to make a random picture, but to capture an emotion. A raw depiction of something, that brings a viewer to understand the real meaning of the drawing/manipulation of a photograph. I personally dont always look at artwork for depth and complexity, but more for purpose.

And the artwork was ok, abit plain.. Slightly boring due to such minimal effects, but i would love it as a poster in my room because i love it.

Could be improved with extra random effect.. possibly a really good smoke effect around the girl, not that basic cloud effect in adobe. 7/10

Lord of Chaos
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Personally, I think the girl needs to be centered more and it is a little too dark in areas and not dark enough in others, if you play with it though don't lighten or darken it too much.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't like how it's badly lain out. Such as, you have grainy, over-sharpened brushing on her face and at the top, then cloudy, blurry brushing at the bottom. Also, that dark shape below her eye is ugly and out of place. Frankly, It's too monochromatic, even to show """"Darkness"""" meaning, add more colors. And make the typo bigger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom