Whats wrong with me key code?

Best answers
Ok I found out about this mod and was interested in playing it. I had half life for the longest with the original key code and orignal box. I install Half life and then i installed the 1.1.1.0 patch. After that i installed ESF. I go to play and it asks for the key code. So i go to put in my key code that came with the ORGINAL half life and it wont work. Can some one help me?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hmmmm... well you might have made a mistake while typing it.. if worst comes to worst, you can find your original key in your registry (if you dont know anything about the registry, i strongly urge you not to try without some help) to doublecheck if it's the same key or not.

Best answers
Yeah I made sure i typed it in correctly, and about the registry, i dont know how to do that. What should i do?

Best answers
If it still doesnt work, send the box / cdkey slip to them tell them it doesnt work, they should give you a new one, if not then sue Valve.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Jay.. if you go to RUN then type in regedit. Now from there I dont know if it makes a differnece whether you have HL or CS... but if you have CS there should be a crap load of folders on the left. Do the following:
Open HKEY_CURRENT_USER
then open Software
in software there should be a folder called Valve... open that
then there should be folder called counter-strike, open that.
then there should be a folder called settings.. open that too.
Now on the right you should see a bunch of files, one of them is labled "Key" There should be a long number in one of the colums... that's your key.

Best answers
thx for everything phatslugga, i followed your directions wrote the key down. And still no go. I guess ill never be able to play this mod.

Best answers
oh yeah and acecool, i dont have the box. all i have is the cd and key. Ive had this game for the longest but remebered i had it when i saw that this mod ran off this game.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
All I can suggest is that you don't actually have a legit version of halflife. Don't ask me why, but thats my assumption after reading this.
Did it work before? When did it stop working and what did you do to make that happen?

Best answers
Yeah it worked before and the only thing i can think of that dosent make it work anymore is i had burned a copy for 3 of my friends so we could play. This was back in like the year 1999. Could that be it?

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
if they are still using your key code, and when they are online with it while you are trying to go online... yes

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Have you made sure :
1)you tried selecting ESF as the mod?
2)Did you install it to the right place?
3) Try downloading it from File Planet if you didnt originally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom