Whats up with the forums?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well alot of treads are saying "0 replies" while if i look into these treads, there are alot of replies, also, if you look on the index where you see the latest post in a tread, the tread titles seem to be wrong X_x

Best answers
have you tried refreshing the page? your browser might have cached it

Ice Cream God
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Its doing that to me to and ive seen a few people complain about it on IRC.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh, I thought it was just my browser or that the boards were moving really slow

Best answers
Yes i am getting problems with the forums too. Must be something to do with the site host moving data centre. They did say they lost some data/files.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's messed up. I tried it on another computer during my astronomy lab today--same problem.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Yea, I accidentally pressed the red button. Sorry guys. >_<

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you look in the 'new forum server' thread I posted a tonne of problems i've had, it started like a week ago :S The forums are royally scah-rewed.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Your post count doesn't go up either.

Best answers
Sub said:
Your post count doesn't go up either.
sorry to say this dude but you're posts in offtopic and it's sub section dose not add to the post count. ontopic it seams to be fine now.

Best answers
This is a universal messege... its telling everybody to... Yes seeing it clear now... its telling you to GET A LIFE. :D

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nabeshin said:
sorry to say this dude but you're posts in offtopic and it's sub section dose not add to the post count. ontopic it seams to be fine now.
I know that. My count is going up now, but before it wasn't. I must have made about 5 posts where it was at 190.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Gonadz said:
This is a universal messege... its telling everybody to... Yes seeing it clear now... its telling you to GET A LIFE. :D

too bored :p, but seriously, nothing showes up in New Subscribed Threads thing in the user cp either, kinda annoying, since i cant see if someone posted in a tread >.<

owa

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ESF is dead, or well on its way. That little ****-up that put the site/forums down screwed the community.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Seconded, unfortunatley.

The problem hasn't been fixed entirely, any threads that were created before it messed up still don't show the 'last poster' or (accuratley) how many posts are in it, just how many views. I'm not sure if this is true for all areas but it is for the Suggestions section.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yawn, it's been down that long or longer before . . . get over the doomsaying. There will be thousands of new people for the next release, just like the release before.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
owa said:
ESF is dead, or well on its way. That little ****-up that put the site/forums down screwed the community.
Hate to agree but its true. I hope the team do something to grab peoples attention soon =\

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Cucumba said:
Yawn, it's been down that long or longer before . . . get over the doomsaying. There will be thousands of new people for the next release, just like the release before.

well i guess there will be new ppl when 1.3 will be released, but be honest, everyone can see that ESF is starting to get a lil boring, because of HL2 and all aswell, alot of people are moving over to hl2 and the source engine, and are waiting for alot of new mods for the source engine. I know ESF lived and will die on HL engine, but too bad they didnt even consider it, or maybe they did for all i know, but if they moved ESF over to the source engine, esf would become ALOT more populair then it is now, but then again, i can understand why the team doesnt want to do this.
Alot of recoding, new models needed, new sprites needed and i can understand that the team gets a bit bored of this aswell after some years of ESF...
No offence but i think esf will die shortly after 1.3 or maybe 1.4 (or 2.0 if they skip 1.4)

CM

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, I remember in the 1.0-1.1 days there was a full page of active users. Now there isn't even a full line of names.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom