Whats up with the forums?

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Sicron said:
well i guess there will be new ppl when 1.3 will be released, but be honest, everyone can see that ESF is starting to get a lil boring, because of HL2 and all aswell, alot of people are moving over to hl2 and the source engine, and are waiting for alot of new mods for the source engine. I know ESF lived and will die on HL engine, but too bad they didnt even consider it, or maybe they did for all i know, but if they moved ESF over to the source engine, esf would become ALOT more populair then it is now, but then again, i can understand why the team doesnt want to do this.
Alot of recoding, new models needed, new sprites needed and i can understand that the team gets a bit bored of this aswell after some years of ESF...
No offence but i think esf will die shortly after 1.3 or maybe 1.4 (or 2.0 if they skip 1.4)
I seriously don't get how a release of a game hinders a mod of a different game...

If you guys think it's dying then let's all be nechrophiliacs and sex it.

CM

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Now you're talking Magus!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Magus said:
I seriously don't get how a release of a game hinders a mod of a different game...

If you guys think it's dying then let's all be nechrophiliacs and sex it.

i wouldnt say the mod is dead... as long as the team are inputting, its always gonna be alive. i just think the DBZ mod scene died, and its now the era of Narutard. but at the same time, none of those mods are gonna make it either :p

i r gonna go secks god gundam now >;E~~~~

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
if you look at the amond of ppl that does play esf that's more less than in the 1.0/1.1 time, there are even ppl that hate this mod verry mutch.
i dont even think that they will make 2.0 becours of the lag of fan's, dont you also see it's a bit to quiet around the esf thing.
i'm sorry but i've to agree with Sicron, not becours of the hl2 thing but the borring thing.
just concitter this, you lost more fans in 6 months than in 2 years.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
If more and more people hate ESF, that's there problem. :rolleyes:

Plus, I don't think the team will make it to 2.0 either, I think they might retire and move on to better things that will benefit them more in the future.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I never thought I would agree with niobe on anything, but that is a true statement. They have lost more fans in 6 months then in 2 years. And if you look at the people that are sticking with the mod, the majority of them either like 1.1 a lot bette or haven't played 1.1 so they can't say.

owa

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Magus said:
If more and more people hate ESF, that's there problem. :rolleyes:

Plus, I don't think the team will make it to 2.0 either, I think they might retire and move on to better things that will benefit them more in the future.
It is, also, your proplem, as an ESF fan and all. The team won't continue if the support is limited to a few veterans, and some new members. So losing fans affects you too. It sucks, but nothing big, I saw it coming ages ago. Hopefully a new release will jump the fan support, but I'm expecting it to be the last big release.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
its not in particular that i hate esf, not at all, its a good game, but just....dbz is getting a bit old, nowadays everyone watches naruto and bleach, and i myself am not in dbz any more

Best answers
Sicron said:
well i guess there will be new ppl when 1.3 will be released, but be honest, everyone can see that ESF is starting to get a lil boring, because of HL2 and all aswell, alot of people are moving over to hl2 and the source engine, and are waiting for alot of new mods for the source engine. I know ESF lived and will die on HL engine, but too bad they didnt even consider it, or maybe they did for all i know, but if they moved ESF over to the source engine, esf would become ALOT more populair then it is now, but then again, i can understand why the team doesnt want to do this.
Alot of recoding, new models needed, new sprites needed and i can understand that the team gets a bit bored of this aswell after some years of ESF...
No offence but i think esf will die shortly after 1.3 or maybe 1.4 (or 2.0 if they skip 1.4)
Agreed. You guy's could move it to HL2. I mean look at the Natural-Selection team, there moving on to NS: Source now and there mod takes longer to do than ESF..... o_O

L

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Let's get back on topic shall we?..
yeah.... uh....
I have to log in everytime I visit the Forum's now ..
>_>
<_<
-_-;

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
niobe said:
if you look at the amond of ppl that does play esf that's more less than in the 1.0/1.1 time, there are even ppl that hate this mod verry mutch.
i dont even think that they will make 2.0 becours of the lag of fan's, dont you also see it's a bit to quiet around the esf thing.
i'm sorry but i've to agree with Sicron, not becours of the hl2 thing but the borring thing.
just concitter this, you lost more fans in 6 months than in 2 years.
How many fans did we lose in the last 2 years. How many fans did we lose in the last 6 months? When you get back to me on those numbers, We'll see if your right. Remember to take into account that even though ESF may be losing fans, it's gaining fans. I'm not going to claim we're gaining as many friends as we're losing, but it's not like fans are a finite source that can only decrease.

Should all the fans leave ESF to die, then so be it. I'm sure the various ESF Team members will move on to other areas that I'll be willing to check out as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom