what would be your dream mod?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
sorry if this inconveniences a modorator, i wasnt sure if this would go here, or in the miscilanious section of the developement thread.

i was looking in the JK3 forum, and saw that someone was converting dark forces:jedi knight, to the new age, redoing all the graphics and such to run on the current JK/Q3 engine.

and then the thought hit me. wouldnt it be awsome to do the same for final fantasy 7?!
ive already started a few models, cloud, sephiroth, barret...

any thoughts?

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My dream mod would be a good Naruto mod, one with a 'Character Editor' for the players. It would allow them to make a custom configuration of looks and attacks/attack graphics, and create their own character.

You'd save them into your config, and when you join a server it reads the config.

So not only do you have a custom model when you play, everybody else sees and knows your character. Not only pre-defined 'set' characters.

That's my Dream mod.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
thats a good idea, me thinks a lil complex tho...

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hell, a full size city like gta3 that you could just drive around in, walk, lets say skateboard, etc and chat would be pretty sweet.

no point in the gameplay, besides just messing around,

basically a "real life" mod, im sure that would be a nice thing if implemented properly

though realistically i dont see any engine that could support this, any mainstream engines anyways, it would require having a huge amount of players, and a huge ass map to not be boring

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
A Naruto MMORPG (basically what Alea said)

Including a level system, tech designer, combo system(editor), and quests. Hands down would be one of the best mods ever imo (nothing compared to ESF though XD)

Honestly, I'm one of the people who can't wait for NBP :D

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, here is a new naruto mod just starting out. http://pwnd.by-pro.nl

My dream mod would be..........you have a model of yourself and it's an mmorpg and you can be whatever you want and get cool items and stuff.

Link Removed, smurf don't link to other mods - Prozac

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
A Mod....

Something original...

Something that doesn't appeal to 13-year olds who like to use in-game voice chat...

Something that doesn't copy anything from Counterstrike...

Something NOT on the Half Life engine...

A snowboarding game on the Tribes 2 (Torque engine). :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hehehe well ive decided i want to start that FF7 mod that i talked about...i just need to get a team together lol. oh well theres that idea out of the window....but modeling cloud is so much ffun ^_^ and hes way too high poly for the half life engine haha

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
A Mobile Suit Gundam mod (Universal Century timeline, no Wing or G, no matter how much the fanboys cry!).

First person (i.e ****pit view.) Gundam-realistic physics. Classic sound effects. Big map, -limited- ammo, destructable landscape (buildings at least.)

Fight on land or in space....

Aww. It's not happening, ever. :]

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
fullmetal alchemist concept games sound better :p but d2 style is the way to go

Best answers
well since i never got into naruto i guess it would have to be a final fantasy one, with chareter setup(maker yer own) and weapon setup( configues weapons with different abilities, play ff10)

tht would be sweat, i also likes nuttzys idea

edit
or a zone of the enders, second runner mod, were you make youre own orbital frame's and join a server, witch maps have tiny buildings u han blow up, i spos you could code esf different for tht one

Best answers
I might get killed for saying this. But..

Picture a huge map. like tribes 2 but looks alot better grass every where. mountains.

Now picture all of it could be destory.

Yup dbz heaven :)

Training mode. You train and keep training building up skills and strs. Then once you think your ready you put that char on the net to fight 1 on 1 duels with others jedi knight style to earn xp cash and rank to go on to bigger battles.

Cash could be spend for better looks
Xp could go for attacks
Training mode would be like vegetas training caps and gokus.

The ingame battles would be nice. Being able to use speed and make it seem you disappear and then you get options to do what you want next sneak behind and grab. Oh man afk while i go day dream playing

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
one where everyone in it is awesome... ike me.. YEH! THAST IT!!! a mod full of smo's running a... wait AND HUMPIES!!! ja ja O_O;; smo and humpies quest 4 Fie Fie !!!! GMO ITS GONE PLATINUM

Hsu

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My dream mod would be one where no one askes when it is going to be released everyday and the forums would be set up so only smart people could figure out how to use them.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Dream Mod: ESF Complete . . .

Until then, and this is going to sound odd, but what I'd like to really see is a Pokemon MMPORG, complete with a realtime battle system, more realistic oriented graphics, hundreds of quests, and a single player story mode that is directed at a more mature audience, and I'm not talking about something like Pokemon Colloseum.
Other nice things would include the ability to intelligently converse with npc characters instead of just looking at them and saying "Me want big fite!". But of course just about rpg could benefit from that

Best answers
JA JA me want humpie and smo's quest for teh pewp island!

Actually I think SA Gohan's idea is great, I have actually thought of that before, where instead of being the trainer in the battles, you can be the pokemon and move about as you please...but it would require some platform that has much greater capabilities than any that are out now

Best answers
My dream mod would have to be Final Fantasy mod. It would have to have a good magic and combat system. It would also have to have a duel system. Somthing like combining JK3 with Morrowind. Also it would have to keep a lot of the cool combat stuff from the ff series like summon spells, limit breaks, and, unique jobs. That would be my pick. BTW what is NBP

Best answers
NBP (Ninjas Beyond Power) is, or unfortunately, was a Naruto mod for HL. The mod was cancelled not too long ago, but most team members have reassembled for a new mod, NWN (Naruto: Way of the Ninja).

As for my dream mod: A Naruto mod that's as complex as the series... but we'd have to wait a gazillion years or more for something like that.

Second would be a mod based on Grim Fandango... Sproutella guns would be so cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom