What the USA knows about Germany!

Best answers
Today a friend of mine sent a mail to me with an extract of an article of a german newspaper!
In this article there were questions listed, that had been asked by american pupils!!
I was shocked when I read these questions:

-What language do you speak in Germany? (Hillsboro, Oregon)
-Is Germany a free country? (teacher from Traverse City, Michigan)
-Do you drink beer for breakfast? (St. Louis, Missouri)
-Are there mountains & trees in Germany? (Huntsville, Alabama)
-Are there still signs like "No Jews"? (Avon Lake, Ohio)
-Do you have your own language? I always thought you would speak english with an accent! (El Paso, Texas)
-Are there any problems at the german-chinese border (Nashville, Indiana)
-Is Germany a part of Russia? (Missoula, Montana)

But here comes the number one:
Is Hitler still your president? (Hemet, California)

What do you say considering these questions?

Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
I say the American Education system has a lot to answer for.. o_O

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
In Canada, they aired a show, Talking to Americans, it was an hour long special where they asked American's questions such as "How they felt about the Saskatchewan seal slaughter" etc... Most people did the right thing, and said they were outraged that innocent seal pups are slaughtered... TOO BAD that saskatchewan is all prairies and farm land hahaha :talk:

Best answers
cananda = jr americaa. why do canadians alway say A? well who ever said those ? about germandy is dumbazz for sayins those. lets see hitler killed himself. germandy is free. how dumb can ppl be.but lets see who won ww2 i think use did so brawn owns and not brains.

-stryker-
*lol nice post.. But. uhhh... its spelled Germany bud...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeah alot of the american youth are complete morons
but not me:D
there was some survey and 79% or somthing like that of high school students in america didnt know where afganistan was and some other high % didnt know who the leader of iraq was:talk:
what ignorant pot heads:\

Best answers
well lets see some ppl don't read the news but i mean that has to be pretty dumb if u odn't know the iraq president. i bet 21% that knew came from michigan since most r arabs that came from the middle east.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hucked on fonix tot mee how two reed!;D

U.S.A

That stands of us:yes: ***hole:no:

long live this country, in all of it's arrogance and stupidity :)

But seriously. It isn't like there isn't a single german or canadian person who's that stupid as well.

Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
Originally posted by Hitokiri
But seriously. It isn't like there isn't a single german or canadian person who's that stupid as well.
True, but this article outlined 9 Americans who are that stupid. And one was a teacher.. And the one talking about the German-Chinese border deserves pain.. and the one talking about Hitler.. :)

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
"But seriously. It isn't like there isn't a single german or canadian person who's that stupid as well."

That's true, but I'm sure more Canadian's know what's going on in the world outside Canada than American's do outside America.

I mean, Al Gore and Bush were both asked if they won the election would they come visit Canada's capital in Toronto, both agreeingly said yes. Too bad Ottawa is the capital of Canada... and better tell the Governor of Michigan that our 20 hour clock is still in working condition.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Its so pathetic, we have idiots like that making examples for our country.....yeah, it really is sad.
There are some complete idiots like that, but I'm sure there's idiots like that in other countries too.
The entire world thinks our country is filled with ignorant fools who just do whatever our President says, there are some people that seem to think America is the only country on the Earth or something, but....we're not ALL like that. :devil:

P.S. - This thread could turn into WWIII, gotta watch it o_o

Best answers
Originally posted by Evil_T@xi
Today a friend of mine sent a mail to me with an extract of an article of a german newspaper!
In this article there were questions listed, that had been asked by american pupils!!
I was shocked when I read these questions:

-What language do you speak in Germany? (Hillsboro, Oregon)
-Is Germany a free country? (teacher from Traverse City, Michigan)
-Do you drink beer for breakfast? (St. Louis, Missouri)
-Are there mountains & trees in Germany? (Huntsville, Alabama)
-Are there still signs like "No Jews"? (Avon Lake, Ohio)
-Do you have your own language? I always thought you would speak english with an accent! (El Paso, Texas)
-Are there any problems at the german-chinese border (Nashville, Indiana)
-Is Germany a part of Russia? (Missoula, Montana)

But here comes the number one:
Is Hitler still your president? (Hemet, California)

What do you say considering these questions?
By any chance were these Questions asked by little kids? Or just stupid az people?

Oh and 1 more thing... Dun dis America... I happen to live in this fine lil place...

Best answers
I come back from vacation and this is the first post I read, jeez :) Yeah I live in America too and the surprising silliness of alot of the other people that live here is very amusing. I'm not saying all Americans are stupid ******** but seriously, a fairly high percentage of our citizenry(sp?) are goose snipping morons. College enrollment might be up, but that doesn't prove anything.

There are a whole lot of smart people here, but then again there are a whole lot of stupid morons that live right next to me.

Anybody hear about that lawsuit? The Lawyer wants to make a law in Oregon to have 'Child Free' zones in restaurants because he's getting sick of children yelling when he's trying to eat. I mean come on! I don't have any kids, but that's just a stupid law.

Best answers
Originally posted by WolfJaguar

Anybody hear about that lawsuit? The Lawyer wants to make a law in Oregon to have 'Child Free' zones in restaurants because he's getting sick of children yelling when he's trying to eat. I mean come on! I don't have any kids, but that's just a stupid law.
Well kids yelling canget very annoying at times, especially when the parent sits there and is like "oh dont cry, look its your favorite food" then the kids, "BUT ITS NOT MCDONALDS, ITS ICKY HERE!!!", then the moms like, "well im sorry you gotta eat it" then the kids like "I DONT WANT TO EAT IT!!! I HATE IT!!! *slid under table*, then hte moms like "James, James please stop, James, stop honey, dont do this to mommy", and the kid just keep cring.

Then there are times when the kid tries to socialize with other people and just annoy them. The parents think its amusing and you pretend you like it but you dont and you just want to hit that kid but if you do you will be sued. So then the parents finnally ask the kid to come back but the kid thinks that it is funny by not coming back and continues to play with you face. Then the parents are like "come back come back" and you are thinking, "just come over here and grab him and take him away".

Then there are times where the parents have a crying baby and they try to comfort it, but they do it in like the middle of the resterant. Your thinking, "LADY TAKE THE BABY OUTSIDE!!!", but she doesnt so you keep eating while there is a baby constantly screaming in your ear. That can get annoying at times.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
you know what i blame all the misinformed youth of america's ignorance on? the internet. we get people who do nothing all day but play on the internet. not even to learn, but to play silly games that give them no real world skills at all...

america may be dumb, but at least our president correctly represents us!!!

haha just kidding about the above statements, please dont flame me all you patriotic dudes out there...

naw i dont think america is all that stupid, i just bet that those are the dumbest questions, there probably were some pretty smart ones, like what is the average income of a single mother living in berlin or something like that. it could also be true that some people were being sarcastic too

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i love it when people make fun of america because in all reality halh of america is people from other countries who came here. so in reallity these stuoid people might just be german or canadian or whatever the hell else. also we have a show in america called street smarts. if u want to see stupid people watch hat show.

this will be the kicker for some poeple.
i believe other countries dont hate us but rather ave penis envy. we are more powerful then most countries, and this is a reason people fear us and at the same time hate us.

and as far as bush and gore getting the capital of canada wrong well theres a good reason for that. because no one cares where canadas capital is.

Best answers
Of course, there are many fools and dumb ppl in Germany too.
But I think its because the USA is so big, there are too many news of the USA every day, so that there is no time for foreign events.
look into this thread , there ive posted about a school massacre in Germany. And I wonder if this was in the US news.

@ ChannelForThePain: I agree with you, that there are also some sarcastic questions. But these 9 questions are not all, there are other questions like the following, but I left them out because they were too sarcastic:
-How many months do you have in Germany? (Rock Island, Illinois)
-Do you have any other cars than "Volkswagen"? (Tallahassee, Florida)

Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
**WARNING!! NOT FLAME! COMMENTS!!**

Originally posted by 1m4 0wn y0 455
i love it when people make fun of america because in all reality halh of america is people from other countries who came here. so in reallity these stuoid people might just be german or canadian or whatever the hell else. also we have a show in america called street smarts. if u want to see stupid people watch hat show.
They are kids, the chances are they are at the very least 1st Generation Americans which means that they are real Americans..

this will be the kicker for some poeple.
i believe other countries dont hate us but rather ave penis envy. we are more powerful then most countries, and this is a reason people fear us and at the same time hate us.
Its strange how one or two Americans assume that other countries hate them. I can't think of more than one or two that actually outright hate America and they're just guesses at the very best. Isn't it a wee bit paranoid to believe everyone out of America hates you (or your great penises.. o_O)

and as far as bush and gore getting the capital of canada wrong well theres a good reason for that. because no one cares where canadas capital is.
Are you saying the one and one possible President of the United States don't care about the world outside of America, especially their neighbours? They are kinda international figures, surely they should know something about the world outside of the USA.

**WARNING!! NOT FLAME! COMMENTS!!**

Best answers
Originally posted by uslessresponse
yeah alot of the american youth are complete morons
but not me:D
there was some survey and 79% or somthing like that of high school students in america didnt know where afganistan was and some other high % didnt know who the leader of iraq was:talk:
what ignorant pot heads:\
most peopel dont know because noone ****ing cares. i doubt when ur applying for a job they will ask you "whats the capital of afganistan" if itsn ot important to me i dont give a rats ass, jus my 2 cents ;/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom