What kind of wacky mods do you think of or seen?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I had a good idea for a mod once, involving a cs-like setup where one team is a group of human-looking cyborgs, and the other a group of raggedy style rebels. The gameply differs heavily:

1.) The cyborgs are class based while the humans are CS-style equipment loadouts.
2.) When you lose all of your health your put down but can call for help. Cyborgs can be reprogrammed and will spawn in on the rebel team the next round; rebels can be healed completely by medics.
3.) The cyborgs have way more health and armor but can't recover it; the rebels can heal themselves with medkits and can be revived with 50% health by someone with medical equipment.
4.) The humans have more of a variety of weapons; the cyborgs have only their class-based weapons.
5.) Cyborgs can reprogram other cyborgs BACK to their team once they've been downed.
6.) The game follows a UT "Assault" type of style, where one team is the defending team and must defend the offense away from a series of offensive goals.
7.) Machines have several vision modes and can see enemies better, but the human weapons do more damage.
8.) Cyborgs can deactivate onboard weapons and pick up human ones.
9.) Humans are fast and can acquire added armor or health; cyborgs are slow and can't get any armor or health.
10.) Cyborgs can't swim; they sink and lose health. Humans can swim like normal.
11.) Knockdown: the idea of getting ragdolled without being dead. Basically when things like grenades explode near enough to hurt you but only minorly, your character will be flung in ragdoll physics and damaged based on what he touches.
12.) When you down a cyborg, certain classes have a percentage of "backup power" available. When you down a 'borg, they go down but can get back up with a degree of health back, based on the percentage of backup power. Humans have a similar feature where, if you are carrying a medical equipment pack, you will automatically heal yourself to a degree when you get downed.
13.) Once a player is downed, they can be executed, reprogrammed, rescuscitated, etc. based on their equipment/class and whether an enemy finds them or not. The cyborgs can even plant a bug in the body of a downed player, and next round the cyborgs will all have a radar or camera that shows the position of others near them.

It's a crazy idea, but man...would I love to head that project...

Also...an exosquad mod is LONG overdue.

Best answers
wow thats acctually sounds like a good idea i think it would be awesome :D

i can just imagine trying to save a human fom a borg then watch the borg come up behind him and pop him in the head :D it would be like real life with the person trying to save them going NOOOO U SON OF A _______ UR GONNA PAY FOR THIS!

i know make it like ghost in the shell since that is cyborg's in it or you going for the more of a robotish look then human?

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SaiyanPrideXIX said:
Also...an exosquad mod is LONG overdue.
Heh, I used to watch that cartoon religiously, and even bought a couple of the plastic action figures. :]

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I want a real god fighting mod =( Where you get to be either Norse or Greek gods.. As in Odin, Thor, Zeus etc..

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
A mod in which the forces of Heaven are pit against the forces of Hell, possibly with a third team--Humanity in the middle.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SailorAlea said:
A mod in which the forces of Heaven are pit against the forces of Hell, possibly with a third team--Humanity in the middle.
Demons vs Angels vs The Sinners (humans) would have an interesting concept to it.

With a Pirates, Vikings, and Knights feel, a Vampire Slayer atmosphere, and maybe soon a HL2 engine to work with, I see this kind of mod becoming popular. And since I classified the humans as "The Sinners" why not call the mod, "The Sinners" the storyline being how humanity's sins created a war between Heaven and Hell.

Best answers
Hwoarang said:
Heh, I used to watch that cartoon religiously, and even bought a couple of the plastic action figures. :]
Exosquad, Exosquad, Exosquad.... damn, it's been an eternity since I last saw that one.

I'd love to see an FLCL-based mod sometime. Fight each other with different kinds of guitars, gain NO to have a robot pop out of your head and help you in the battle, fly around on a Vespa.... that'd make an awesome mod.

Best answers
AN FLCL mod would be tatal bad-ass. Too bad they took it off um... adult swim. I HATe YOU ADULT SWIM!!!!

So none has a link to a Super Mario Mod?! it sucks sooooo much to suffer for a legend i love :cry:

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You want wacky mods? Anyone who hasn't played Rocket Crowbar doesn't know what they're missing. 3 words. Drunken Crowbar Rockets. Not to mention pocket black holes, explosive scientish launchers, Barney the proximity mine, etc :p Funniest mod ever. Oh, and the crossbow sprays your decal on the wall when it hits.

-Karrde-

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
im thinking of starting a berserk mod for JKA :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
A Halo-style Co-op mode for HL2's single player, I liked early Sven Coop when they made 2 player HL1 and nothing more, then they added too many additional monsters and forced you to play on Hard with infinite lives which sucked, a lot.

Also something pitting Forumites against Moderators, the forumites have flamethrowers and fireballs (for flaming), can summon trolls (for trolling), can throw spam at the moderators (phsyical damage) and have greater numbers. The moderators get ban sabers and can freeze the Forumites in place with warnings and temp bans.

The map would be a forum, will the n00bs overrun or will the administration force take control?

Well, that or something with Pirates.

Best answers
I would realy want to see a good Ninja mod, not naruto but a ninja mod.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i'd like to see a mod for joint operations, so its all WH40k and pwning all other mods \o/

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just for the notes, Rocket Crowbar is being remade for HL2. God I wish I had HL2 :p Gonna be the funniest mod in a long tiome.

-Karrde-

Best answers
Im gonna get it then Karrde so i win :p lol
Still no Mario Mods out there o_O im gonna do my 1,000 search now buh-bye.

ma-ma-mia this is-a too hard-a.

(i know how to speak Itailan and English in one. :D )

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
theres also a mario mod for jka, in the style of american mcgee's alice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom