what happened to toonami

Best answers
what happened to it, it seems to be replaced with crappy normal cartoon network shows, i dont really watch toonami, but its something to listen to while on the comp, wtf happened to it

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
They moved it to Saturday and made it twice as long, it's got a bunch of new shows. It's really cool now.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't know why Cartoon Network bothers showing Cartoons. They should call themselves "Japanese Cartoon Network," and show anime 24/7, because their horrible garbage shows like Ed, Edd, and Eddy get the worst ratings on TV, except for maybe, PBS documentaries. Seriously. I'd rather watch the TV Guide channel then "Cow and Chicken."

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Samurai Jack is the only quality show that dug out of there. Seriously; I recommend you all watch a few episodes. It's got an inexplicable stylishness to it, even though it seems like it could've been done in Flash 6.

Ice Cream God
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Ed, Edd and Eddy pwns. Toonami sucks. Adult Swim pwns all.

Best answers
Samurai jack is mad
so is johnny bravo

as for toonami i only watched dragon ball gt
and a bit of db n dbz wen it was on

Best answers
samurai jack is a great show...toonami isnt bad

i think they should put toonai later though like 4 hours before adult swim and have that every night and have 2 hours just for DBZ

but thats just me

Best answers
I have been watching cartoon network since it first appeared about 10 years ago, if you want to talk about bad shows, they ran **** like Thundarr the Barbarian, The Snorks, Space Ghost, and so many other god awful forsaken pieces of trash that I shudder when think that I watched them all. I think what they play now, well for the most part /nukes Totally Spies, is a vast improvement from what they started with.

suicidal_maniac said:
Now heres a man that knows whats he's talking about. :yes:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ed, edd, and eddy is awesome you foo's.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Maybe compared to "Cat Dog" and other such classics you can find on Nickelodeon.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Cat Dog is cool too >:]
But you know, I'm actually over-joyed that they moved it to Saturday, they have a bunch of COOL new shows. It also looks as if they're finally going to finish off the Dark Tournament for Yu Yu Hakusho too*So excited* And that new Gundam Seed show looks fairly awesome with a dash of pwnage.

KyoKusanagi

K
Yes! Cat Dog and Johnny Bravo - heheheheh....

as for anime - i wouldn't go near toonami with a ten foot pole, so its my anime club screenings and fansubs for me.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ed Edd, and Eddy is the most annoying show I have ever watched in my entire life. It looks horrible, it's not funny, makes me want to puke. Back when I used to watch cartoons 24/7 I would always watch nickelodeon, they had the BEST shows.... EVAR. Rocko's Modern Life, Ren and Stimpy, the Angry Beavers, My Brother and Me(my favorite childhood sitcom), they had a bunch of crap that wasn't as mindlessly childish as they have now. The only good shows I've seen on Nickelodeon now are Invader Zim, and the Fairly Odd Parents. Other than those two shows, nickelodeon can go to hell. Cartoon Network is pretty lame now a day too, the best shows they have are Tom&Jerry, and a few shows on adult swim. Whenever they show the Flintstones and the Jetsons, it's allright too, but those shows weren't that great in the first place. Look at me, ranting about CARTOONS, at age 19! *shuts up*

Best answers
Cartoon Network in general sucks horribly... Old shows like the flintstones (AKA idiotic people with animals for toilets) and the jetsons (AKA utopian dysfunctional family) are just unbelievably retarted and they pissed me off so bad that it resulted in me hating cartoon network... this happened 3 years ago. No I don't have an anger management issue, but when they have a whole marathon of ****ing 70's shows like scooby doo and the rest of the tv shows are about as interesting as a decaying pigeon corpse, it tends to get on one's nerves.

Best answers
SailorAlea said:
I don't know why Cartoon Network bothers showing Cartoons. They should call themselves "Japanese Cartoon Network," and show anime 24/7, because their horrible garbage shows like Ed, Edd, and Eddy get the worst ratings on TV, except for maybe, PBS documentaries. Seriously. I'd rather watch the TV Guide channel then "Cow and Chicken."

Ahaha its true! ahaha! Some days i watch Ed show though...cmon i have nothing else to watch..Cow and chicken actually did suck. I mean it was funny for a lil bit but it just gets ooolllddd. Ya i like watching Samurai Jack the most. He killz happy.. :D BUT Adult Swim makes up for it in my book. Now THERES some good quality shows there..Family Guy, Futurama, and Aqua Teen Hunger Force are my favs..o and not forget Sea Lab 2020. Love those shows. :yes: :yes: :laff:

Best answers
Cartoon Network need some more cartoons, like for a start some of the popular ones from 80's and 90's im sure they would get great ratings for them.

Toonami has its own channel over here D:

Best answers
suicidal_maniac said:
Amen!!! GO ADULT SWIM!!! "All kids out of the pool."

BTW there were some gr8 shows and then they dissapeared, for example:
Cyborg009, Yu-Yu-Hakusho, Zoids, OutlawStar, Space Ghost Coast to Coast, and many others... we should make a big gathering outside the studio and make them un-cancel these shows!!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
*Sneaks into the pool* >:D
Toonami did suck, but now that it's on Saturdays it's pwnage, and you guys are talking a lot about just Cartoon Network, this is supposed to be about Toonami o_O not Ed Edd and Eddy.

Best answers
most defenatly... outlaw star was great... zoids was ok... not my favorate but ok...

one thing tho.. they need to dub naruto and get that on the air... one good show..

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sunslayer said:
Cartoon Network in general sucks horribly... Old shows like the flintstones (AKA idiotic people with animals for toilets) and the jetsons (AKA utopian dysfunctional family) are just unbelievably retarted and they pissed me off so bad that it resulted in me hating cartoon network... this happened 3 years ago. No I don't have an anger management issue, but when they have a whole marathon of ****ing 70's shows like scooby doo and the rest of the tv shows are about as interesting as a decaying pigeon corpse, it tends to get on one's nerves.
Thank god I'm the only one that didn't like Scooby Doo. As a matter of fact, I hated it.... no, I *LOATHED* it. It was never funny, you could never figure out the mysteries becuase the result was always completley random, and all of the clues were ridiculous. They wouldn't even show you any real clues until they captured the "monster". Suddenly there were projectors, giant cranes and printing presses involved that you haven't seen at all throughout the entire episode. Flintstones and the Jetsons weren't THAT bad, but they weren't really any good either.

Toonami was lame whenever I last saw it, which was probably a few months ago. The only thing I watched it for was DBZ, and every now and then Zoids. I didn't much like the idea of animal mechs though, just kind of pointless to make them into animals, instead of giant fresh looking robots. Adult swim is pretty funny though. As Nelo said, Sealab is hilarious, Family Guy is great, pretty much everything on there is funny except the Brak show.. yet another idiotic character that everyone loves becuase of his stupidity. Zorack pwns you all. *listens to Zorack - I want to kick your ass (2:30)*

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom