💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
sega shouldnt of tryed to fight with ps2 they should of launced earler

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
umm could somebody please give me there opinoin -_-

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sega made an awesome move, they went out of the console business and into the video gaming business. They make video games now for every system so they can reap all the benefits. There's absolutely no need to have 4 different consoles on the market, even 3 is a bit too much. Sega made the right choice.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I still kinda wish the Dreamcast didn't end up tanking though. It's easily my favourite system ever, the good game to bad game ratio was like 1000/1. I still don't know how a system with so many awesome games ended up falling out of existence.

Oh well, Kama's right, at least now we can all get Sega's wonderful games without having to buy another system.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The Dreamcast was kind of like the Japanese version of the x-box. Good system, but they didn’t get many American developers to do the games, the marketing was done poorly, and people were very reluctant to try Sega’s hardware again after the same thing happened to Sega’s last system, the Saturn. (which I loved..)

The Dreamcast and Saturn did very well in Japan, as the X-box has done pretty well in the US. While the Saturn was considered a failure/flop in the US, it was immensely popular in Japan and actually outsold Playstation 1 games and Nintendo64 games until the Dreamcast came out.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SailorAlea said:
The Dreamcast was kind of like the Japanese version of the x-box. Good system, but they didn’t get many American developers to do the games, the marketing was done poorly, and people were very reluctant to try Sega’s hardware again after the same thing happened to Sega’s last system, the Saturn. (which I loved..)

The Dreamcast and Saturn did very well in Japan, as the X-box has done pretty well in the US. While the Saturn was considered a failure/flop in the US, it was immensely popular in Japan and actually outsold Playstation 1 games and Nintendo64 games until the Dreamcast came out.
Well, I feel better now knowing that at least some people realized how cool it was. :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
dreamcast has very solid graphics and the cds were way more sensitive then ps2 cds

Best answers
dreamcast outsold the x box on x box's opening day in japan, and the system wasn't even i nprodcution any more(unless it still was in japan). Anyway i liked the dreamcast, but i think it was the worst big system of its generation, and it was probably a good choice to move on too games before the market got overcrowded.

Best answers
i still play my dreamcast <3
Me too! Though to be fair I only bought it a few months ago :D
Dreamcast definitely didn't deserve to die the death it did, it's an awesome system with a lot of awesome games. It was second to none in both 2d and 3d fighters back in the day.
Reminds me, I need to go play Sword of the Berserk since I've just finished watching the anime.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I still sometimes play mine Dreamcast too.

Cause Sonic and Readyto Rumble and CrazyTaxi just owned lots of games when they where out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom