What Does the "Z" in Dragonball Z stand for?

What Does the "Z" in Dragonball Z stand for?

• Zarbon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Z Sword

• Zeta

• Other (Specify In Reply)

• Total voters
Best answers
I KNOW the answer ^_^, i Just want to know what you guys think it is.

Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
I'm pretty sure they just added in 'Z' to make it look cooler, no actual reason involved. It can't be Z Sword because originally there was going to be no Magin Saga and it probably isn't Zarbon because he wasn't that big a character.

So I'm gonna say it doesn't actually have a reason behind it, just a cool letter to show the start of a new series.

Best answers
Very nice reasoning! I'll let some more people post what they think it is... then I'll tell you all the answer ;)

Best answers
Dragon Ball "Z" Means Zen as in Yen.

After Dragon ball was over,Everyone wanted more.

Akira used Dragon Ball to make more money.

Thats why he called it "Z" as in Yen

Best answers
heheh, ur pretty damn close, but not the exact answer from Akira Toriyama's mouth. The answer is that Akira Toriyama started Dragonball Z with the intent of finishing off the series AFTER Dragonball, THUS he named it Dragonball "Z" hopefully telling people that it would end soon since Z is the last letter in the alphabet. Here is the pr00f: http://www.dragonball-gt.com/unrivaled/misc/toriyama/nycparty/qanda.htm Scroll Down a bit and you will see, this was not too long ago either, at the Shonen Jump Party in NYC 12-07-02. But of course I didn't know this until I read this Q & A, I heard it was Zeta (Z sword called by FUNIMATION)

Best answers
Ahh i always wondered what it stood for.
Well now thats solved what now.. Im bored better go look for somewhere to post.

Best answers
Before anyone asks "Why is there Dragonball GT?", GT wasn't made by Akira Toriama. GT stands for Grand Tour.

Best answers
yea i thought that cos in dragonball there was mostly goku but in dbz it has more people to fight so they named them the Z fighters so that is what Z stands for :]

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Z is just cool. If you have a title and want to make it better, add rither an X or Z or some cool Greek letter like Omega or Zeta.

Best answers
MAN ARTHOS, couldn't be righter!!! Alpha, Beta, Theta, Delta, Epslon, Gamma, Zeta, Omega, good ol' greek alphabet (this isn't the whole thing, i started it but got bored sry.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
hasnt the answer already been posted??

and i really doubt the answer is "to make it sound cool"

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yea. you're right. The question isnt relavent anymore. Good to See Tien and Koblano around again. Been awhile guys. You left me all alone.

Best answers
It stands for nothing. Akira Toryiama put it in to differtiate the two main sections of the anime from each other, i.e. to mark when it changed from being an adventure show to being an action one.

Best answers
Originally posted by Arthos Returns
yea. you're right. The question isnt relavent anymore. Good to See Tien and Koblano around again. Been awhile guys. You left me all alone.
sorry man, i've parted away from the mod world. But i do still check up on my buddies :D

Best answers
Jesus Christ big bang attack ur sig is huge :shocked:

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
and your sig is disturbing. where is that arnold swartza-watchamacallit thing from?

Best answers
Wouldnt you like to know ;) oh wait..you do...errrm....*runs away*

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom