• Xbox 360

Votes: 25 53.2%
  • Nintendo Wii

Votes: 22 46.8%

• Total voters
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
--The Wii--

K, so at first I was thinking, "OMG I WANT A WII SO MUCH BETTAHR" but my friend Nick who got it said it's almost 30x more fun with friends over.

tbh, I never have friends over. We always either go somewhere else or do soemthing elsewhere. My room is also pretty small so it would be hard.

--Xbox 360--

I also can't imagine myself playing Basketball, bowling, or tennis by myself for a long time.

The xbox360 on the other hands looks pretty fun if you play alone. It seems like it would be the better deal for me. As I said before, I never have friends over at my house, so the Xbox360 seems like a better idea.

--Bottom line--

What should I get for christmas? I wanted a Wii but after I realized I dont have friends much over to enjoy it, I feel like the xbox 360 is a better option.

So, which should i get?

(btw, no playstation 3's, my family's kinda poor and my mom said forget it :p)

Remember, I don't have many friends over (if any) so keep that in mind, don't just vote for 'whats your favorite console'

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well i personally think you should get wii, but you told your friend aren't in your house so often, so if i'd be you, i'd take xbox 360. besides, xbox 360 will have halo 3 and other ?ber pwnage games :) (ofcourse will wii too, like zelda)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
xbox 360 has good games. wii doesnt. and wont for a long time.

and xbox live is nice too,

Best answers
xbox360 has already beaten ps3 hardware vise, the same goes for the wii i think.
actually i dont believe there will be too much good games for the wii.
gears of war and the upcoming ninja gaiden sigma are enough reason to get a xbox360!
and why should you want a console with the stupid name "Wii" ? o_O

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have a Wii and I love the thing, but I'd go with a 360. Although I'd wait for a price drop on the 360, that doesn't matter considering you're not paying for it. Anyway, the 360 has more games at the moment, the only thing I'd advise getting on the Wii is Zelda and that's availible on the gamecube (although it's much better on the Wii imo).

Keep in mind I don't have a 360 so take that as you will

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ill tell you waht i want. SNOW!!!!!!

Im sick of this weather. There is no sign of cold or snow this year. And its already mids december >.<

But if i realy have to pick from the abbove ones. WII

G-Bear
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
I'm not really a console fan, but somehow a friend convinced me to buy the Wii.

Wii is awesome for its pricing and hell lot of fun with friends.

Wii is a console, which you need to invite some friends and have a good time playing Wii sports of instance.

Best answers
Nintendo has fun games, even if you don't have friends (/mock Kaination).. I'd take ****ty graphics and fungames over ubarleetroxorgfx and crappy gameplay (haven't ever seen a good xbox game (same for PS, but you didn't ask for that)..

Se short post even shorter: get a Wii and enjoy the fun games (multiplayer AND singleplayer.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Go for the 360. It's already releasing second gen games and many of them look very promising. You don't need to have friends over to appreciate the games, and the xboxlive blows w/e the Wii has out of the water.

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think it's all a matter of which games would you like to play the most.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'd take ****ty graphics and fungames over ubarleetroxorgfx and crappy gameplay (haven't ever seen a good xbox game (same for PS, but you didn't ask for that)..

Se short post even shorter: get a Wii and enjoy the fun games (multiplayer AND singleplayer.
You haven't been paying attention lately, then.

Xbox is a better bet. Not only does it have some quality exclusives but it shares a lot of releases with the PS3 and the PC--both of which are also likely to be a better bet than the Wii.

It's no secret how I feel about Nintendo, but in all honesty, after getting an Xbox 360 I can safely say it has brought me fun and quality games. It even took me back to a nostalgic feeling akin to what I felt during the time of the Super NES.

Also for what it's worth there are so many good games out for it that I actually have MANY that I can't even afford to get. You can also download a ton of demos to try stuff out before you buy, for some of the biggest titles (like Rainbow 6 and Splinter Cell, for example).

Sports games, the Xbox has pretty much all of the biggest franchises so far. EA and 2k Sports are all over it. You have the incredible boxing game, Fight Night 3; you have Halo 1, 2, AND 3 soon, all with Xbox Live capability; you have the new WWE wrestling game, the best one made so far; you have Gears of War, the best console shooter ever made IMO; You're going to get Assassin's Creed and Army of Two, two other huge titles; you even will be able to play upcoming RTS's on the Xbox (including Command and Conquer 3!!!!), even using a keyboard and mouse....

I don't know. I still believe the PS3 will eventually outlast all the other consoles for the win but if you ask me, right now, this holiday season, the Xbox is the top dog, and it's going to stay that way for a while till the other two get some actual killer aps out. But trust me man--with an Xbox, you aren't going to miss Mario and Samus and Link, nor will you miss Solid Snake or Final Fantasy.

It was EASILY the best money I ever spent.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nintendo has fun games, even if you don't have friends (/mock Kaination).. I'd take ****ty graphics and fungames over ubarleetroxorgfx and crappy gameplay (haven't ever seen a good xbox game (same for PS, but you didn't ask for that)..

yeah gears of war, oblivion, and all the tom clancey titles, are total crap.

youd be much better off playing red steel with its awsome controls and gameplay.

\sarcasm off

and and besides those low budget sports games what multiplayer games does the wii support?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Get laid instead.

I said the wii. Because i'm a nintendo fanboy who hates everything and everyone who doesn't agree.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Time to make a secondary post:

I dont generally like sports games persay, but I kind of like actiony games that are good and keep me on my feet.

I know the Wii has some good games coming out but it doesnt seem as fun swinging the wii-mote around alone as opposed to having 1 or 2 friends over.

Another thing is, I never owned an Xbox. Just a playstation 3. So I have no clue what the xbox has to offer, and how good it is and stuff.

I'm kinda leading into the xbox 360, I was the games Gears of war, Dead Rising, Assassin's Creed (when it r come out), Ninja Gaiden (never played it, but I've heard SO much good things about it), and by default im probably going to get Halo 3. That maens I need the first two :E

That's about it.

An example of actiony games for playstation 2 that I enjoyed are Killzone, and I dont wanna look more. I'm kinda lazy :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
WII! :( i want it to my bday allready but we will see, hope ill get it with zelda

WII I want to play my old good times n64 games again!

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Kaination, unless you want to play party games (without going online) or kiddy games, buy a 360. Seriously. I want a PS3, but right now the 360 is better than the other 2 just because of the games coming out.

Come second generation you can buy a PS3. Don't buy a Wii just because everyone else is buying one. Thats the jihad mentality.

[S]

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
From what i've read you sound like you want a 360. i was thinking about which one to get and i decided the 360 is better for me so by Christmas i'll have it becasue it appeals more to me the Wii looks amazing no matter what people say but with games like tenchu and ninja gaiden the 360 wins it for me so just look at what types of games you prefer and then choose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom