What should I get?

• Xbox 360

Votes: 25 53.2%
  • Nintendo Wii

Votes: 22 46.8%

• Total voters
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The way I view the Wii is like DDR, or the Eyetoy. It's fun to play at first, but only fun with friends over.

K, so what should I push my parents for? The full package of xbox 360 or just the Core?

I'm thinking since we're somewhat poor go for the Core.

And is xbox 360 upgradable over time?

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I would say go with the 360 indeed, you'll also have tell me how is it cause I'm considering getting one myself ^_^ (from my own money though T_T *sniff*)

I think it's upgradeable, since we're talking about the HD here I believe....
I dont understand much about it though so...;P

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
just get the "full" package, with the hard drive.

you need it to download updates for games anyways. and to download demos. and additional content.

its got abunch of kickass games man, and assassins cree and fatal inertia, armored core 4 are all coming up around the corner.

and how can you like killzone ... that games so insanely slow paced lol

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Aw damn, on account of my parents being poor, no xbox 360 full (unless parents decide to go for the surprise your ass)

So, anyone ahve any suggestions on what to get ~$200 range?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
get a 360 and mod it. free games and a cheapass harddrive ;)

you dont really have to swing the wii around as the commercials suggest, subtle movements will do. nintendo has already had complaints about people accidentally smashing their TV by a slipping wiimote.

wii needs a little time to reach adulthood, not much games around for it yet.

360 is a good option, it will prolly stay around for quite some time, and it offers a broad range of games. and its not outrageously priced like the ps3 (which isnt that much better since altough its faster, it lacks memory so the textures and stuff are sharper at 360)

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Even if they weren't "poor", they shouldn't have to spend that much money on a machine who's sole intention is to keep you from doing anything worthwhile with your life. Its a devil machine, man.
You may not conciously see this, but your brain can. Worship the Nix.
You could probably buy yourself a lady friend for 2 hours for 200 bucks.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Aw damn, on account of my parents being poor, no xbox 360 full (unless parents decide to go for the surprise your ass)

So, anyone ahve any suggestions on what to get ~$200 range?

there are 2 methods.

1. Buy it off used from friends, or sites such as eBay
2. Buy The Core System and mod it(sometimes it will get more expensive than buying full system, but you should get better hd etc..)

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You know what Overlord wants for Christmas?
He wants the legal documents he has to sign to obtain the fortune left to me in my Uncle's will, which is lots and lots of money.

I guess I could buy both after that, however I thought to myself it's been a long time since I've been in the market for a console, not since the N64/PS1 days. I didn't buy a Gamecube, Xbox, PS2 or dreamcast for that matter though.

I myself saw the Wii as a new way for me to play console games thanks to the remote, however I then also though of what titles that are out at the moment that may appeal to me, and also titiles in future for the Wii. Even though the Wii remote may look the Wii look like a lot of fun, I for one am More interested in the titles that I would want to play.

I also thought of this a lot where I would literally be in my local game store a lot playing there xbox360 display unit for at least an hour and afterwards be drenching in sweat since I had been standing up in front of a console display unit for a long period of time. Hence for this reason now if why I seem to think the 360 is better, as it has a lot more titles atm to choose from where as with the Wii I'd have to wait for it's good titles to be released to get any enjoyment out of it currently or have friends come over and play with me.

All in all, even though I'd have enough money to buy all the stuff I want, I'd rather be getting value for my dollars, plus not to mention having to put that money away for other things in future like a deposit on a house.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, I'm close to convincing my mom. I want nothing really besides an xbox 360, so Thats it. No more Wii for Kaination ;<

Oh well, now I need to figure out where to get a cheap xbox 360.

ebay, here i come~

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I wish the industry would grow some balls of imagination and do something original for once - I'm tired as hell of 1st/3rd person shooters. Why was F.E.A.R so hyped, and why was it reviewed well? I found it boring as hell, and the Source engine (that was obviously there) didn't help the experience. If you plan to buy the 360 then I'd recommend Gears of War (co-op / Xbox Live DM). I guess it's all about your preference, though - but the Wii is apparently leading... at least nationwide, I've heard. The motion sensor stuff looks interesting and new, presenting a new experience for gamers. I'd go for that if I were you. PS3, I hear, is practically a piece of garbage. Wii got my vote, just add up the votes at the end and choose yourself, you lazy fook.

Best answers
Nintendo Wii gets my vote. It's something different to every other console out there-: Remote,Style of play. I'll try it out hoping that it'll meet my expectations.

-GuZzie

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nintendo Wii gets my vote. It's something different to every other console out there-: Remote,Style of play. I'll try it out hoping that it'll meet my expectations.

-GuZzie
I love the Wii, it's just I dont want to be bored playiong by myself. It doesn't look good with single player capability.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

-GuZzie
dont forget the ammount of crappy games

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeah i edited my post and typed abunch of usefull information... but i hit backspace by accident and moved my browser back or something...

go for the 360

xbox live rocks

demos, trailers, additional content, messaging friends and what not is all cool as well.

i think it will probobly run you like 425 bucks for the console and the HD, but you need the HD anyways.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Every console has good games and crap games...
It's the balance!
I think what it boils down to is which console has better games and more of them. Being a newly released console, Wii just doesn't have a library worth checking out at the moment unless you really, really want to play old games on your Wii. The 360 already has second generation games so it's exclusives are going to be of a higher calibre, not to mention the sheer number of games available at this point in time.

Best answers
I think what it boils down to is which console has better games and more of them. Being a newly released console, Wii just doesn't have a library worth checking out at the moment unless you really, really want to play old games on your Wii. The 360 already has second generation games so it's exclusives are going to be of a higher calibre, not to mention the sheer number of games available at this point in time.
Yah if you don't have many friends coming over, for now the wii isn't that useful as there aren't that many good single player games.

Best answers
ARgg i knew i was going to run into a thread like this.
Well anyways i voted for the 360 becuase i want one but i also wanted a Wii but found out that if i got 360 i could end up getting halo 3.
So there both fun but i wanted the cheap 360.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom