Weight loss.

owa

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hey,

starting monday [tomorrow] I plan to begin my excersize plan too lose a bit of weight over time. I'm currently 158 -160 LBs and I'm only 14, I'd like too be 145LBs in 4 months. I think this is reasonable, and I just want some help.

---thing---

- Do heavy cardio for 30 min a day
- every second day do sit-ups, Calf rasies, and squats with weights ***NOTE*** Everysecond day to avoid Failures incase you were wondering, and I know you're thinking muscle is heavier the fat but I don't care, I need a bit of muscle and its not heavy weight lifting.
- Also eating right IE: laying off the candy, fast food, and anything with insane amounts of fat. and eating 4 times a day, breakfast, lunch, supper, and a snack before bed. Just too keep metabulisim going.

I hear it is possible too lose 2 or 3 pounds [in a healthy way, [IE: not starving myself or other stupid things] a week if you excersize 30 min 4 - 6 times a week, and eat right. so my goal is too lose 2 pounds every week, or 1, I just want too keep loseing a bit of weight each week.

++++++

So what do you guys think, anything to add or help with? maybe wanna help with how likely my goal is.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Good idea, I need to lose a little weight myself... but then I'd lose the cup holder :(.

owa

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't have a cup holder belly lol, I'm not huge I'm 5'7" and I got a medium build but I wish I had a cup holder and could still run 20 min easily.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you do it every other day, it's much easier to forget or take a day off, then if you do it every single day. Just my experience.

owa

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well its the weight stuff I'm oding every second day, nopt the main stuff like cardio, but the reason weights are every second day cause it takes awhile too build muscle and oyu have to wait a day or two before you can do it again.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Friend of mine is a physical trainer and he says for casual workouts like the one above it is best to do it every other day to let your muscles relax and rebuild since you've just owned them

Edit: Err.. yeah, what he said above.

Best answers
omg 14lbs over 4 months!!! that is a fcuking lite ass work out. well since ive been training for the army for a couple months already im used to heavy work outs and quickers results.

the number one thing is control your mind
remember that its your mind. dont stop till you accomplish your mile or hill or what ever.

caardio will be fine but dont run at a track that is the hardest thing ever cause its soooooo frustrating it never seems to end. instead run from one point to another that you know how long it is.

change your diet less input more output.
once you start working out dont stop. honestly the hardest thing about working out is the begining becuase youll get used to it after like a 3rd day and it wont bug you as much..
drink at least a gallon of water a day and stop drinking soda!!!!!
SODA IS HORIBLE FOR YOU!! if you put a piece of meat in soda it will disolve it and if you put a dirty penny in soda it will clean it!

from my experience its a hell of a lot easier and i mean a lot easier if you work out in a group that way its harder to quit a day. and dont bs excuses because your only cheating yourself

do push ups jumping jacks sit ups sprint a foot ball field and back. take a break.
i work out like 3 to 4 hours a day actually during the nite its to hot during the day were i live.

seriously though if your gona take this seriously the most important things are:
MIND
MIND
MIND
DIET

dont quit once you start because its really easy to quit and once you quit its easier to quit again so dont quit,
try to form a group. and i recomend more than 30 mins work out
you arent gona achive much in that amount of time unless your freaking running miles left and right... but i seriously doubt your able to do that yes (no insult intended this is serious)

Also
make sure not to eat anything or drink anything(including water) two hours before you go work out.
cause it wont be good for you and it will slow you down.
take water with you
but only hydrate your mouth (hold it in your mouth and spit it out) never drink too much water while your working out(running wise) it will shake up in your stomach like a soda and it will make you puke....

right now im really getting shizled because im getting ready for basic training which is a couple months away for me but the job im gona do is really hard to get to so i have to be ready before i go

like im telling you though and like the army tells me all the time "Its all in your head" , "It's a mind ****, dont let it **** you."

EDIT: I can help you more in detail but im about to go work out haah (what a world) 6:30 to 10 pm pacific is my work out times.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
And for 5 dollars, duece will roll you into a ball, pee on you, throw you across the atlantic ocean, CATCH you on the other side, and then drop you like a tampon in a sewer.

Hardcore man. Hardcore. o_O

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
healthy or not yout 14 your body can take alot so it can't hurt to skip dinner ones and a while

also if you train alot and just keep away from snacks, drink water you can loose upto 1 pound a day ( in the first 3 days ) after that it gets slower

but good luck and remember
DO NOT TOUCH CHOCOLATE

Best answers
Just a little fact: If you're lifting weights to break the muscle up and rebuild it (strength as opposed to endurance) then it's often useful to eat some carbohydrates right after a work-out. Just take a piece of bread with you and eat it after you're finished. That'll get your metabolism started and if you eat a meal with some protein in it within an hour, it will help you build muscle faster. And don't drink or eat too much before a work out, but make sure you don't go into it dehydrated. Believe me, I've done it before, and dry-heaving is no more fun than puking.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Your trying to loose weight.... why?

I, on the other hand, am trying to gain weight (muscle weight) for sports purposes...

If u really wanna build muscles, work out 5-6 days a week, and have some protein powder (no creatine) after each workout, that helps replenish and build up the muscles, so u get ripped quicker.

Best answers
That's pretty much what I do. It keeps your body well-toned and fit, and so long as you don't gorge yourself on food, you will lose weight surely enough. You've got the right idea by working out every other day; I used to strain my muscles quite badly by attempting to do weight-lifting and high-impact areobics (i.e. push-ups) on a daily basis.

Best answers
gota make sure to strech and warm up first death biscuit

i used to just get to the work outs without warm ups cause i thought the warm ups didnt do **** but they really do help a lot.

Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I try to work out as much as I can. I am pretty skinny to begin with and my metabolism is through the roof. So not getting fat isnt very difficult.

I usually do a relatively light workout every day, sometimes every other. But I really need to work on my eating habits. The stuff I eat is probably horrible for me. :-/

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
jeez i must be the only 1 that sits around all day watchin tv, going on the computer and eating..... But there's been sum good advice on here..... you all know too much, maybe i'll give it a shot, who knows..... Anyways good luck with loosing weight, hope it all works out for you

Best answers
with college right now, I dont have alot of time going to the gym...so I got 2 days of weightlifting now....I had a break last semester so me and my buddy are getting use to it again...(man I am sore)

I think the basic idea is to have like you said 30 mins cardio...and just watch your diet.

my personal believe is not to use supplements, if you dont know what your doing it could be hazardous. plus its something I feel you want to do on your own type of thing.

I am 6'0 220 right now, personally at first I did it because of a lack of self confidence, I did it to impress others, you know?, but now I am just doing it for me. and it seems to work out better, if you do it for yourself, your more modivated(sp?) and dont have that empty feeling, of why your doing it.

I dont really care if I can bench 300 or more...though thats my aim, it doesnt matter if I dont get there all the way or whatever, I see the progess ive made, and thats all that matter.

and if you get into weight lifting, its pretty much a science in its own, so read up on it....dont work the same muscle everyday...(example) do like chest, tri, shoulders one day, then biceps, back, legs other day, then rotate, leave one or 2 rest days, eat high protein food...most importantly know that your muscle grows(strengthen) during rest so.

I think to stay in it, the mentally aspect is important, which is the purpose of my post, and for you to keep in mind as well....do it for yourself.

Best answers
davidskiwan said:
jeez i must be the only 1 that sits around all day watchin tv, going on the computer and eating..... But there's been sum good advice on here..... you all know too much, maybe i'll give it a shot, who knows..... Anyways good luck with loosing weight, hope it all works out for you
You and me both, dave.
Yeha i'm pretty sure I feel like a heaping pile of fat after reading this thread. I'm a fat son of a ***** anf damn proud of it too.

Best answers
Duece said:
i used to just get to the work outs without warm ups cause i thought the warm ups didnt do **** but they really do help a lot.
Yes, that was my mistake as well when I was younger (and even now I occassionaly skip my warm up.) Still, warm ups won't prevent you from seriously straining certain muscles if you overuse them, so it is a good idea to rest every other day if you're performing particularly strenuous activity i.e. weight training. Everyone is different, though.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
"Yeha i'm pretty sure I feel like a heaping pile of fat after reading this thread. I'm a fat son of a ***** anf damn proud of it too."

yeah i second that :D, but if i could be bothered i would exercise :S....

owa

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ya I'm about too start my cardio in an hour, and I'd like to thank the people who have gave me some help and or hints, particularly Deuce who made a nice long post lol.

I think today I'm just gonna do a 5 min warm up then go on my excersize bike for 30 min and stay a relativly high rate of peddaling, somthing I can do for 30 min without having to break in between.

Also you say my goal is kind of easy and I agree but thats why I set it liek that, there'll be days/weeks where I feel crappy and only get in like 20 min a day and I might not lose any weight that week, but with a long period of time to lose a relativly small amount of weight I can keep my motavation high.

Also I'm doing this for a few reasons, one too well lose weight, I'm sick of like dieing in gym class when doing pretty easy amounts of work, and people saying I got pretty big and stuff. I also am doing it just to test myself, too see what I can do when I put my mind too it, and finally, theres a special someone I'd like too please, god I must sound liek a moronic 14 year old...

I'm 160 LBs exactly, 5'7", and 14, I'm also gonna slowly work up too heavier workouts like once I lose 15 pounds, I'll start toning up my body, and hopfully in a year or so I'll be in the best shape I've ever been in. :)

anyways I'll post my progress every now and then, and any bit of info or engouragement would be helpful, thanks =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom