way 2 get sound back after alt+tab (^o^) /

Best answers
when you pressed alt+tab or something pops up your sound is gone as you all know.

to get it back without exiting the game your currently playing in press control+alt+delete and you'll see the task manager go 2 applications where you can see HL.exe or counterstrike.exe

Right mouse click on it and bring it to front

then your sound should be back

if it doesnt work 4 yo tell me so i can help you

have fun ^_^

Best answers
hmm persoanlly it just sorta sits there.... it doesnt wanna come back up after i minimized

Best answers
If you have 9x you cant though. Because it has a basic task manager and can only "end task" programs and cannot view the processes to close programs that dont list in the applications list and cannot force programs to close or bring to front. Just wanted to point that out ;p

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Um, or you can just press escape and then click on resume right away. That works for me, every time.

Best answers
Hmmm that never worked for me but I've tried that. The only thing that worked is if I disconnect from the server, go to the main menu and then rejoin _or_ restart the game but same difference.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
How about DON'T ALT - TAB IN THE FIRST PLACE geeze.

Do This Instead:
Exit back to the server list, hit the windows key, click RUN, click BROWSE, select All Files from the drop down menu, and open the desired file.
THEN after you're done, minimize the window (of the document or whatever you had open) or close it, then click back into the game.

Best answers
Mr.Satan, I don't think they hit Alt+Tab on purpose.. I've hit it plenty of times in the middle of playing Team Fortress.. also when you get one of the helper things pop up after holding a button for too long it helps get the sound back after them.

Best answers
Originally posted by Mr. Satan
How about DON'T ALT - TAB IN THE FIRST PLACE geeze.

not only alt+tab can disable my sound.

1.pop-ups disable my sound.
2.damn stickey keys disable my sound.

there are al sorts of things that you cant control but still disable your sound.

so not pressing alt+tab wont really solve the prob

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
WTF you talkin' about "pop-ups" ? You should be smart enough not to run other programs while playing ESF, and if you keep hitting alt tab in-game, pop out your alt button or your tab button or reassign your showscores button.

bind "key" "+showscores"

Best answers
WTF you talkin' about "pop-ups" ? You should be smart enough not to run other programs while playing ESF
It's not really a case of being smart enough not to run programs, it's more the fact that some people want to.

If you keep hitting alt tab in-game, pop out your alt button or your tab button.

Just because I ocasionally hit alt+tab doesn't mean I don't use the alt button or the tab button. So 'popping them out' would defeat the purpose really.. but still, it's a random thing.. doesn't happen that often but when it does it's nice to have a way to get the sound back, fast. So, nice topic :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom