Wave beams, revamping the current beam system

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This thread is gonna be somewhat similar to Prides old thread but with a few tweaks
I'll just give a quick summary of wave beams:

wave beam: engulfs the enemy and provides continous damage.
nuke beam (what we have now): explodes on contact

Atm beams work so you let go of left click and it fires, you hit somebody it will detonate, or if you right click it detonates.

What i suggest:

I suggest that you cannot explode your beam with right click, instead it detaches the beam, when detached anything it hits makes it explode. If you fire the beam and do not detatch it, the beam will only explode if it touches anything that isnt a player. If you hit a player with your beam the player is forced backwards slowly while in the beam head (like blockstruggles), the bar you have charged your ki into (the beams ki pool) starts to decrease. While it decreases it deals damage to your enemy (so much per second), the enemy can resist the damage by holding click (this just speeds up how fast the beams ki pool decreases) but if they run out of ki the beam will deal the full damage. When the beam's ki pool reaches the bottom the beam detaches and fades away.

This would benefit the game in many ways imo, projectile attacks would have their own bonus, instead of just being able to move around it would be nuke only, I think attacks like special beam cannon should be unresistable (again making it unique), and ki pool should decrease very fast, the rate the ki pool decreases could be unique to the beam (so stronger attacks like Final flash have an advantage). Not only that but it'd make it more like the show. Plus every attack would be nukeable but you'd have to aim it carefully and detatch it. This would cut down on beamspam, and make beams much more skillfull.

Just mah thoughts

Best answers
Heh, I visualized this by successfully blocked SSJ4 Gogeta's 100x Big Bang Kamehameha in Budokai 3 >_>
I understand what you mean but maybe 1 Damage per 2 Seconds?

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
>_> that would mean it'd take forever for it to kill somebody, i mean like 10 damage per second from goku at 1.7 mill powerlevel against another 1.7 mill goku, the bar would take about 8-10 seconds to go from the top to the bottom. So that'd be 100 damage from a fully charged kamehameha against somebody of equal powerlevel.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
:yes: I LIKE the idea of Beam Detaching.
But it also has an downside.

People can load KHH and then detach them and repeat that.

But still i like the Whole Idea. :yes:

Best answers
Davidskiwan said:
This thread is gonna be somewhat similar to Prides old thread but with a few tweaks
I'll just give a quick summary of wave beams:

wave beam: engulfs the enemy and provides continous damage.
nuke beam (what we have now): explodes on contact

Atm beams work so you let go of left click and it fires, you hit somebody it will detonate, or if you right click it detonates.

What i suggest:

I suggest that you cannot explode your beam with right click, instead it detaches the beam, when detached anything it hits makes it explode. If you fire the beam and do not detatch it, the beam will only explode if it touches anything that isnt a player. If you hit a player with your beam the player is forced backwards slowly while in the beam head (like blockstruggles), the bar you have charged your ki into (the beams ki pool) starts to decrease. While it decreases it deals damage to your enemy (so much per second), the enemy can resist the damage by holding click (this just speeds up how fast the beams ki pool decreases) but if they run out of ki the beam will deal the full damage. When the beam's ki pool reaches the bottom the beam detaches and fades away.

This would benefit the game in many ways imo, projectile attacks would have their own bonus, instead of just being able to move around it would be nuke only, I think attacks like special beam cannon should be unresistable (again making it unique), and ki pool should decrease very fast, the rate the ki pool decreases could be unique to the beam (so stronger attacks like Final flash have an advantage). Not only that but it'd make it more like the show. Plus every attack would be nukeable but you'd have to aim it carefully and detatch it. This would cut down on beamspam, and make beams much more skillfull.

Just mah thoughts
Bleh, suggested 1000x before.. We had detachable beams in some alpha (1.8 I believe). It didn't work. Controlled beams are slower and have less of a damage range than non-controlled beams. Detaching them would mean you can't hit ****.

As for the dragging along with beams that hit you, that's what the blockstruggle is for. I think it would bore real quick if you get dragged along with every beam that hits you.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Even though the answer is still no, im going to argue my point as i think this is a logical idea.

Well what happens in dbz, is when the person who shoots the beam is still attached when it hits another person, they're still pumping their energy into the beam, the beam doesnt explode, it pushes into the enemy damaging them in the process as they channel the ki through the beam, if the person overcomes the power of the ki in the beam they survive, if not it tares right through them. They never exploded unless the person detatched the beam, or if what they fired at was too strong for them it'd just explode and leave the opponent undamaged or unless they blocked it, it'd explode instantly. My point being that projectile ki has no push behind it, and thus becomes an explosive as its just a ball of energy with no focus. A beam however as explained above is channeled controlled ki, and thus isnt explosive, more like a current of power.

The current beam system imo is the "easy" way out, as its easy to kill bunches of people with, its just an explosion, and while that's fine for projectile attacks which in the show is how they worked, but beams were not a way to create a big explosion, they were a method to channel ki through their opponent with the intention to kill or disintergrate them. No beam was intended to explode otherwise they would've detached it :p

actually, somebody just close this thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom