Warning: If you have downloaded Sven Co-op 3.0...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sven Co-op 3.0 replaces the old fmod.dll with a newer version, ESF isn't going to work with it. Sven Co-op will not work with the old fmod.dll ether. So until ether ESF is updated, don't install Sven Co-op 3.0.

If you just have to play Sven Co-op 3.0, and ESF at the same time. Try to work out a system of changing fmod.dll's.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The FMod team has to learn about something called BACKWARDS COMPATABILITY. The sad thing is, it's all laziness on their part.

Best answers
Cucumba said:
The FMod team has to learn about something called BACKWARDS COMPATABILITY. The sad thing is, it's all laziness on their part.
Backwards compatibility. Teh green one has to learn something called spelling?

Anyways, after the steam sdk is released we should be able to use the internal mp3-player, and get rid of fmod evil-ness.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sven Co-op 3.0 also breaks Natural Selection. So.... yea.

Stinkeh pickles can't spell, it's a known fact. :p

Sticky Anyone?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ooh, well Im tired of NS and ESF sooo SVEN COOP HERE I COME!

Best answers
since it would be hel to swich dlls whenever u wana play sven-co-op or esf y dosent te esf teem release a compadity update so it would be compadible wit te new svencoop,since 1.2 isnt as close as ns3.0,which is y theres no point of them releasen 1 to

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sierra Sonic said:
Sven Co-op 3.0 replaces the old fmod.dll with a newer version, ESF isn't going to work with it.
And why would I WANT to play esf when I have sven?

Silly silly.

Best answers
How is it "hell" to d/l that file and click a button, seems more like laziness to me. I played Sven 3.0, it's not that much better in my opinion...

Best answers
Barney's Soul said:
since it would be hel to swich dlls whenever u wana play sven-co-op or esf y dosent te esf teem release a compadity update so it would be compadible wit te new svencoop,since 1.2 isnt as close as ns3.0,which is y theres no point of them releasen 1 to
Not really

~Link to thread with ever useful DLL switcher~
http://www.natural-selection.org/forums/index.php?act=ST&f=18&t=57456&

Put it into your main HL directory and run old if your gonna play ESF, or any other mods which can't run with the new dll. Nes if for well.....Sven-Coop, and quite possibly S&I (0.98b has been released if I remember right....)

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, if anyone wants the old DLL, I can send it. I prefer NS to everything so. I'm alos on the IRC CHannel as Karrde.

-Karrde-

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom