Video Games Fanboys/Fangirls (Humours Thread)

KyoKusanagi

K
I'm a PS2 owner who has extensively played X-box and i seriously considered buying one when the time came to choose. If the X-box had DVD playing capabilities out of the box, a better controller, a larger game library and was smaller i would have bought the system because i like Dead or Alive.

So even though i chose the PS2 i still play the X-box at my anime club and at my mates places and i really don't mind the system which leads me to this next question.

Do these same fanboys\fangirls go to arcades and only play say namco arcade games exclusively? or konami games exclusively?

The point is why restrict yourself to a single console when there are so many games out there to play?

Best answers
I think everyone has gone a little harsh on Pan

Her theory is possible, and as she said in the story, its just to bring a little laughter into this sub forum

Fanboys/Fangirls exist, there are probably many reasons why both exist, and it is possible that her story is an accurate description of one of these millions of people. No need to tell her she's wrong when it's just a theory.

Being a Fanboy/Fangirl is stupid, those who act outrageously in defense of one console or another are stupid, plain and simple stupid. Flaming some other console is not going to do any good other than to make you look like you have someone's fist up your ass and they are holding broken shards of glass.

Funny story

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I am Johhny's lack of intrest.

Fanboys/girls exist because people like a game or company more than all the others and go around telling everyone else that they like it more

Best answers
OP said:
Your argument is wrong. In a capitalist society, people are always striving to be the best, or the top rung on the ladder. People don't hate things they can't have. They WANT things they can't have. Do I hate Porsches because I can't have one? Absolutely not.
Think of it this way. Let's say one day you get the Porsche of your dreams. And lets say the next day Porsche(or a different company) releases a new car, that completly blows yours out of the water. Now you can't tell me that your not going to feel a little resentment to anyone that owns that new car are you?

It's a valid theory. I've seen a lot of people become fanboys based off of this scenario. A kid buys console X, and a new, fantastic game comes out for console Y that dominates anything console X has to offer. They try to nitpick at everything they believe is wrong with the console Y to validate the fact that they spent 150 bucks on a system that is not as good as another system for the same amount of money.

Look Pan isn't saying that everyone that becomes a fanboy goes through this scenario or something like it. You know there are those people out there that are simply stupid and defend X at whatever cost. And then there are those that simply grew up with Y and believe that X just isn't as cool. It is a valid scenario, and I know many people have become 'fanboys' because of things like this.

I'll bring in my own experiance to this matter. I was once a nVidiot, and nVidia fanboy, some of it had to do with the fact that I've been with nVidia since I had a TNT1. Months ago I bought a Geforce 5700 Ultra for 200 bucks. My friends bought a ATi 9800 Pro for the same amount of money. Their cards completly blew mine away, faster on everything. I was in denial, I admit it. I would defend nVidia with fruitless comments like 'their drivers are better, derpa derr,' when I knew that wasn't the case, their cards were just better, period. Finally I came to realize that, and I can see how someone could go through the same scenario with a console.

KyoKusanagi

K
I thought Pan's story was actually quite good. And whats more i know people like that.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I may have come off harsh. I just did a paper on capitalism. So it's hard for me to buy her theory (no pun intended). That's all.

Best answers
KyoKusanagi said:
I'm a PS2 owner who has extensively played X-box and i seriously considered buying one when the time came to choose. If the X-box had DVD playing capabilities out of the box, a better controller, a larger game library and was smaller i would have bought the system because i like Dead or Alive.

So even though i chose the PS2 i still play the X-box at my anime club and at my mates places and i really don't mind the system which leads me to this next question.

Do these same fanboys\fangirls go to arcades and only play say namco arcade games exclusively? or konami games exclusively?

The point is why restrict yourself to a single console when there are so many games out there to play?

Well why not restric yourself, if those specific consoles dont appeal to you, I dont see anything wrong with being a fanboy or a fangirl and hating the other console because u dont have it. Its a nobel reason and alot of people have reasons like that.

Best answers
Hating something because you don't have it is not a noble reason. It's called ignorance. Ignorance is why there are problems in the world.

Best answers
I would just like to note that disliking Halo because of repetitive maps does NOT make you a fanboy/girl, and fanboy/girl-ism started WAY before IGN started up. Newsgroups and AOL message boards were RIFE with conflict over how much better the SNES was than the Genesis, and vice versa.

Other than that, good story, very amusing :]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom