Video card installation

K

Best answers
R video cards hard to install and do they come with insrtucions on how to install?

Hsu

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
They are not hard if you read the instruction VERY carefully... Or if you know what you are doing. Make sure you read the instructions first. Also make sure you discharge any stack you might have as it could destroy the card. If you are really not sure about doing it, take it to a computer store and have them do it for you.

K

Best answers
well my mom works in bulding slot machines and shes gonna install it but do u think its safe? and if i take it to a comp store will they charge me money like for example compusa or somethin

Best answers
Yes they will charge you money BTW to discharge static just touch your power supplies casing(When PC's turned OFF)

K

Best answers
wat r u talkin bout X-iT_W0uN|) ? does the vid card come with instructions on how to do everything u guys just said but step by step

Best answers
most stuff today is pretty static resistant i set my radeon 9700 in a plastic chair and the static went so crazy it sounded like knuckles popping i was like OH CHRIST!

but i just put it in and still worked.. i sighed a sigh of relief

anyways yeah just like open the case take out the old vid card and put in the new and there ya go.. boot up find some drivers install reboot and you're finished.. not so hard.

unless you dont know stuff like pci or agp slots

if your going from nvidia to an ati card you should prolly uninstall the drivers first though

K

Best answers
um i dont know **** bout pci or agp all i know is that im gettin an agp card a Geforce2 mx400

ps.wat do u mean boot up find some drivers

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just turn the computer off and wear shoes if the room is carpeted.

K

Best answers
lol BUT i went to Nvidia .com and saw the turorial it says that u may need to deactivate or disable ur integrated card and I have an integrated card so how would i disable it?

ps.How the hell do i discharge static?

K

Best answers
um can someone answer my previous question please i dont mean to be pushy but im gettin the vid card like in 2 hrs thats y i need to know

K

Best answers
PLEASE! someone please answer my question im gettin it in like an hour

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Discharge just by touching metal. Static won't be much of a problem unless your rubbing your feet on carpet or something. After you install the video card boot up the computer and install the drivers for it. Before restarting go into device manager and disable your current adapter which is your integrated video card. Cards go in one way and they can go in firm.

K

Best answers
wat section in the device manager would the video card be

ps.instead of just disabling it cant i just go to add/remove programs and uninstall my integrated card like i did one time by accident(my comp didnt have any color wen i did that)

Best answers
I recently had a little upgrade from geforce 2 mx to geforce 4 ti =)
All i can say is follow the instructions.
I just took out my old card, put in the new, loaded the software that came with it, and it worked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom