valve update on HALF LIFE TODAY

Proud owner of ESF:Final
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
valve brought today update out to let people play it on linux with new optimized engine wich also prevents play it FOREVER ANY MODS game titles like half life 1 half life 2 counterstrike 1.6 and source

does it mean esf will die? otherwise esf must work on a pirated hl game !

this is not a lie.. start hl and it updated not even if u reinstall esf and stuff it wont start it gives error

now im starting to believe after what they did today with hl and counter strike 1.6 WTH WE DID VALVE !!**** those linux users!!

it updates after you start any mod or the game itself even if u remove the game and completly redownload it, it wont play any mod anymore

aktualising the game :

http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/9172/41401052.png

people can start any mods they want but its all ****ed up not even online working properly people and modders doomed now ,nnk ist most ****ed up select map it starts then its all ****ed up even more then esf !!!! esf open beta works but camera and movements soo ****ed up too!

people in moddb spamming news with it already da hell!! http://www.moddb.com/news/valve-have-broken-every-half-life-mod

update notes: engine updated and a bit rewritted, engine path different, install path different , linux support

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
"We want to raise awareness to Valve and let them know they have broken EVERY Half-Life mod that have been released."

Read the sentence very carefully.

Let's hope indeed that they'll fix it but as it says every mod that has been released
i think it's fixable by the team itself even though this would bring a lot of work i guess.

Edit:

I just tried to launch esf. it worked.
I tried opening ingame server browesr. Failed.
I tried joining esf 1.2 from external server brower. Succeeded.
Gameplay you asK? pretty normal, empty server but still...

don't think this will bring to much problems

--- edit ---

i tested with a 1.2.3 server btw

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
cry of fear NOPOOOOOOOO CRY OF FEAR MY FAVOURTIE HL MOD DONT WORK ANYMORE NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

i doubt they will fix this because today was a linux update for any valve games and the official steam for linux it was just a update to make those games compatly they give a **** to the mods!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

on me esf 1.2.3 is only mod who work properly but it has camera issues and after some fighting it crashes -.- joining servers only trough console now-.-

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ESF 1.2.3 still works fine. No idea about the inteam.

edit: Might only be broken for certain hardware?

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
the reason why it could work on u guys its because the game is not set to be updated in propertys

go to game bibliothek rightlclick on half life then propertys/updates and set on automatic updates : keep game updated

most people have it not and wont get the issue but the must be updated for those who just buy it now or need to redownload!

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm pretty sure 99.9% of people that use Steam have their games set to update automatically. Mine is fully updated, I can play just fine, although the server browser doesn't find any servers, I have to enter a server ip manually.

Also, this might have just been the server overriding my config, but I was getting like 800 FPS and FPS max was set to 100.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
well i have more issues cant find server but i can conncct with console camera issue and fighting 5-10 mins then crash

sub try NNK or other mods

Force Pit Member
Best answers
I think it has to do something that they updated their master server, because when I try to start up my dedi server in Steam it says I need to update HLDS so that it can be viewed on the master server. Therefore, servers can't be seen on the server list, but you can still connect to servers online by typing the ip adress manually.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
well i can only say im definetly not the only one who has there kind of errors
there are pretty pretty much people who have it like me moddb full of that shit now xD

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So far we have the following issue.

The Half Life directory has moved to the common foulder. As a result all mods have to be moved to that directory. YOu also have to delete the old half life foulder after you move the mods. ESF 1.2.3 works OK after moving it. (according to raven im still updating HL and will see when thats done)

Apparently the issue comes with dedicated servers. According to initial research, there is a new tool for hosting dedicated servers. This new tool contains STEAM. So you have to log in to STEAM itself in order to run a dedicated server.

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=6470-EIFV-5481

The very best there is.
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I really don't get what the buzz is all about. Sure, they moved it, so what? Move the mods too and be done with it. Hard-coded paths of course won't work anymore, but who cares anyway? Only idiots use these. Yes, I mean you, Black Mesa Source devs.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
@Grega, it's been a while that you can run HLDS through the Steam tools list, it's been updated now however.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
@Grega, it's been a while that you can run HLDS through the Steam tools list, it's been updated now however.
YOu could yes, but it wasnt necessary. Now you must have a STEAM account for HLDS to even be useable.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
I think we will see more updates:)

Posted by alfred: We have updated the public release of Half-Life 1. Changes in this update are:

-Converted Half-Life to the new SteamPipe content system, for optimized delivery of the game
-Added support for Mac OS X and Linux operating systems
-Enabled Cloud support for save games
-Improved OpenGL rendering pipeline and output to leverage the capabilities in todays GPU
-Improved support for in-game chat in non-latin languages

The very best there is.
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
YOu could yes, but it wasnt necessary. Now you must have a STEAM account for HLDS to even be useable.
That's not entirely true. While SteamCMD is, essentially, a full-fledged Steam client, you can log in anonymously.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
So far we have the following issue.

The Half Life directory has moved to the common foulder. As a result all mods have to be moved to that directory. YOu also have to delete the old half life foulder after you move the mods. ESF 1.2.3 works OK after moving it. (according to raven im still updating HL and will see when thats done)

Apparently the issue comes with dedicated servers. According to initial research, there is a new tool for hosting dedicated servers. This new tool contains STEAM. So you have to log in to STEAM itself in order to run a dedicated server.

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=6470-EIFV-5481
re downloaded and re installed deleted old hl folder ,installed into correct folder it fixed my camera issue but now when i move everything turns white and black xddddddddd neither i still cant see servers only connect trough commandline

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
re downloaded and re installed deleted old hl folder ,installed into correct folder it fixed my camera issue but now when i move everything turns white and black xddddddddd neither i still cant see servers only connect trough commandline
Make sure that you are using Open GL.

Swag
🌈 Beta Tester
👮 Moderator
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Try right clicking on halflife and ESF and properties --> general ---> set launch options and write -nofbo in both games; see if that helps.

Project Manager
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That's not entirely true. While SteamCMD is, essentially, a full-fledged Steam client, you can log in anonymously.
correct, but the hlds is not accessible while being logged in anonymously it seems, at least not last friday.

Edit: They changed it so you may access it now.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom