Update.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
As you've said many times, you're a "noob". Creating an endless chain of dashes isn't the problem. Maintaining your ki while keeping your distance from your opponent is, unless you like to charge right in front of him and play patty cake or something.

I don't need to stop a dash. I want to drift, and that's what we're getting, kinda. Holding q and then pressing fly is hardly a drift. Play 1.2 or watch people who know what they're doing drift, and you'll understand why that gives us more freedom to move around. Drifting adds an entirely new layer to the melee system and to travel, because you're not fighting on basically one plane. You're able to use the entire vertical area on a map to your advantage.

Double tap and you swoop. Let go and you stop. Double tap, press and hold another direction. Let go of that second direction and you come to a halt.

Problem solved.

I want to be in control of my movements. I dont want ESF to tell me how I'm supposed to move or that I can't stop because that's crazy talk.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
As you've said many times, you're a "noob". Creating an endless chain of dashes isn't the problem. Maintaining your ki while keeping your distance from your opponent is, unless you like to charge right in front of him and play patty cake or something.
damn i forgot to mention that...

while your constantly chaining your swoop it becomes more and more costly to do (meaning it uses more ki each time you chain, its not a set ammount).

being a pro i can forsee this as an enormous weakness as would all the other pros on this forum. so constant chain-dashing really only fixes (and not really even fixes) one problem but creates a world of others

Edit: HAH finally broke my thousandth post

Best answers
As a part of a mod devoloper team myself for another game, my first suggestion for everyone waiting eagerly for the update is to stop waiting. Deadlines can be hard to keep due to the fact that the devolopers do it on their free time. Real life can take over at any time. Most devolopers never give out release dates in the first place due to the community's reaction if the deadline has been failed to meet. It's just not worth it.

People should stop analyzing features that are both incomplete and that have vital parts missing completely from the game as we see it. I see people moan about dash and swoop, when they have no right to. The devolopers gave you the cvars to modify both of these features, so instead of complaining how bad the feature is, why don't you grab the commands and start finding better values yourself?

Personally, I'm looking forward to to the new advanced melee system very much. After reading the design documents, it would seem that the new system will be VERY close to the fights seen in DBZ. For quick reference, see the fight of Goku and Vegeta in Buu Saga for example, which in my opinion is one of the best fights seen throughout DBZ.

The old basic melee system was nothing but a shadow of the true potential that can be achieved. Come one, seriously, how can anyone call swooping in circles and constant teleporting away from your opponent to find "an opening" true Dragonball Z?

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Why am I going to edit the values when it's the feature that I don't like? There's a reason I suggested combining both swoops. It isn't because "zomg I can't adapt even though I've adapted to every version I've played oh noes". It's because unless Advanced Melee is going to be the most amazing system ever, the swoops are going to hurt the game. Based only on observations I've made since I've been here, I have doubts.

Bad game = Bad community

That said, basically all of the good players don't like DBZ. I'm not here because, in the words of FP, Vegeta has a nice ass. I'm here because when you're playing against the right people, the game is extremely fast-paced and is quite fun. That goes for most people. There are a lot of people on this forum who don't even play this game but say how amazing the teams ideas are, because they're never going to get into the game and they aren't affected if the idea works out terribly ingame i.e. Advanced Melee in 1.2.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The old basic melee system was nothing but a shadow of the true potential that can be achieved. Come one, seriously, how can anyone call swooping in circles and constant teleporting away from your opponent to find "an opening" true Dragonball Z?
getting away from your opponent is a key factor on many occasions, even in dbz, but if you were to watch 2 really good players fighting youd see that it rarely happens.

be reminded that in dbz they could do things that are ridiculously unbalanced in the gaming world. there are certain things they have to add and take out in order to make a good game.

Mog

Best answers
The new swooping system is better. It's good that people can't get around the level as quick, especially in ctdb mode.
To go long distances without loosing much ki you can still use beam jump...

I liked drifting in 1.2, but drifting in 1.3 still seems to work... it's just a bit more tricky.

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I didn't read the above posts, but just a quick update.. The new build is going out tomorrow. Certain issues relating to packaging the release (making it a patch vs full download), and other small issues pushed it off till tomorrow. Sorry guys.

Best answers
@Pcjoe

perhaps it`s better to release a patch and a full version..

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Patch is kinda in the air atm; full verison is definitely coming out.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Patch is kinda in the air atm; full verison is definitely coming out.
Yeah....I don't think I want to dl 200+ mb's again on 56k o_O. Let's catch the patch and wrap it up and send it on its way.

:(

Best answers
Hey, I'm a complete noob i guess, but what's "drifting" and how do you do it? Everyone's talking about it and I have no clue what they mean. I usually am able to score decently in a server, so maybe I'm doing it and dont know it....

[FLAME SUIT ON]

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think, it's when u fly and press the fly button again and you fall down, but in a not totally vertical kind of way.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Swoop, let go of swoop and press fly and you'll glide horizontally while falling. Allows you to quickly cover ground while maintaining your ki, and is used by anyone who knows anything about ESF.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
swoop should then be held dependent to determine how far u go, holding it longer would drain more ki

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Eh...that's an unnecessary complexity. It works just fine in 1.2. The point is to conserve ki, not to go farther so you can use more ki.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom