Update.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Right, because "Advanced melee" is supposed to be the next big thing and is going to replace Simple Melee. How is that accomplished? By making Simple Melee as bad as Advanced Melee in 1.2. It would probably be better to put your eggs in separate baskets instead of hoping that one system will make the entire game successful.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Right. There's no way for advanced melee to rule Basic melee compeletely, the pro's still would use it, even if the adv. melee hits more.
Basic melee is the basic of esf, without it, there's a BIG part missing, and it would lose it's edge immediately (lose alot of community, or they just stick with 1.2) it's like wasting all the work for nothing then. Also Without Basic melee the game is much more low-paced, i can still say it safely, no mather what you guys tell me, i promise that adv.melee in 1.3 won't change it any faster paced than in 1.2, and also, who needs a 'dash' to melee format? Meh,i hate to say this, but esf is really going to wrong way, I'm Beginning to believe Zeonix's Babbling about esf community dieing at a very fast rate, in fact i think 1.2's is already rotten and waiting to die, until they turn to 1.3 and have even more to whine about.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The entire idea surrounding swooping and advanced melee is to give the illusion that you're in a fast-paced battle and covering a lot of ground. Simple melee in close quarters can be extremely intense since both players are constantly evading and constantly looking for openings. Yeah, there are always little breaks in combat where they stop to powerup, but the battles are obviously moving and both players are having fun unless one is being dominated.

In 1.3, you can't really do that with simple melee, and Advanced Melee is just going to turn ESF into a fighting game. I don't want to play a fighting game. If I did, I'd play the actual Tenkaichi or some other retarded anime game. Dont make every little thing revolve around a theory or idea that may very well fail.

Best answers
isay restore the 1.2 swoop system to 1.3 and after you wil have agood idiea then put it in...

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
update comes supposedly tomorrow, although you cant be sure

the dashes should work like and be just as long as the 1.2 swoops

the new swoops should be twice as long as the 1.2 swoops and get faster depending on how much energy you charge

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's coming today if all goes well. Posting at 10:27 AM saying where the update is, haha... Most of the team wasn't even awake at that time (and most of the team still probably isn't awake -_-).

Best answers
I like how the swooping is. you guys are just a bunch of silly niny's for saying that the swooping sucks. Its fun. wheneve i host a server and people come on they always say how they love the new swoops. get used to it cause thats what i did.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
if youve been playing for a while you realize that the new swoop and dash takes out a few key elements, one of which is whats called drifting.

Discord Member
Best answers
one question.......will there be a patch or we have to download the whole beta again??o_o

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's coming today if all goes well. Posting at 10:27 AM saying where the update is, haha... Most of the team wasn't even awake at that time (and most of the team still probably isn't awake -_-).
I know they will proably get up about 16 00 and then a few more updates for me it's allread night so tomorow for me for the update

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Note from the changelog about swoop...
- Charged turbo (swoop) now stops when player lets go of directional key; dash still works the same way
o Note: Changes still in discussion for dash. To stop dash or swoop prematurely, the block or powerup key can be pressed. Block + Fly allows 'gliding' - temporary solution

The block thing works in the current open beta too. Block just stops swoop/dash; if you press fly directly proceeding it, you'll drift.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I like how the swooping is. you guys are just a bunch of silly niny's for saying that the swooping sucks. Its fun. wheneve i host a server and people come on they always say how they love the new swoops. get used to it cause thats what i did.
Yes, we're just a bunch of ninnies.

We're the people who are actually going to adapt and, get this, stick around. We'd just rather, you know, we had more freedom when moving. Notice it's the people who have been playing for years, and will probably continue playing ESF well past this versions prime that are looking for ways to improve it, to make it last longer for us and the people we play with. Forgive us for wanting to learn from 1.2.

Best answers
If swoop is too short, you can double tap to start, then keep single tapping to swoop longer. If swoop is too long you block.

I don't see the problem with swoop either way. You want it longer, it can be done, you want it shorter, it can be done. Of course, I still overshoot, but I haven't played since 1.1, and have just been getting back into it, so I'm still kinda noob.

Honestly, 1.3 swoop gives MORE freedom then 1.2 because you don't have to change direction to continue swooping.

SO if you didn't know about continuing swoop, I don't see the problem (Unless I missed the topic saying that continuing to swoop like that is a bug which will be removed, in which case, sorry for bringing it up, and maybe it should be looked into whether or not its a good idea to keep it.)

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If swoop is too short, you can double tap to start, then keep single tapping to swoop longer. If swoop is too long you block.

I don't see the problem with swoop either way. You want it longer, it can be done, you want it shorter, it can be done. Of course, I still overshoot, but I haven't played since 1.1, and have just been getting back into it, so I'm still kinda noob.

Honestly, 1.3 swoop gives MORE freedom then 1.2 because you don't have to change direction to continue swooping.

SO if you didn't know about continuing swoop, I don't see the problem (Unless I missed the topic saying that continuing to swoop like that is a bug which will be removed, in which case, sorry for bringing it up, and maybe it should be looked into whether or not its a good idea to keep it.)
Tried chain swooping with dashing? Yeah, not very good for combat, but it's not supposed to be because it's designed for advanced melee. Swooping is supposed to be for long distance travel, but I use it as my means of transportation during combat along with tele, unless the guy is right in front of me, in which case dash is the best choice as I'll be using less ki.

1.3's 2 swoops don't give us more freedom. It restricts us, and that's because it's supposed to do that. Their intent is to keep the players very close together, again, because that's what advanced melee requires. You DO have to change direction to continue swooping, because dash lasts for an extremely short period of time, and the slow swoop doesn't last forever. The longer you charge, the farther you go, but as always, there's a limit to how far they'll let us go.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

its true taht you can constantly continue the swoop but each time that you hit forward your open to an attack (youll see if you tap forwards right when a swooping enemy is gonna hit you)

not only that but when you swoop you dont have a choice as to how long you swoop, unless you block or hit shift. like this its tying up your hands to multitask, its much more effective if you stop swooping by taking your hand off of a button than putting it on another

Best answers
All I use is dash, because I'm a noob and haven't put tele to a useful key.and I use swoop in such a way that it minimizes my openness to attack and maximizes my ability to control the length. say if you're dashing towards an enemy, you refresh it every 1.5 or so seconds so it doesn't run out. maybe when you get close enough, refresh it at 1 second or .5 second so you avoid being open to that attack, or wait it out, then block when the enemy rushes in when they think you'll be open.most likely they'll hit your block, and you can quickly move to the side to hit them if they plan to block, then you can chase them down.

The short duration isn't a problem because you can lengthen it.

The inability to stop by letting go of the direction isn't a problem because you can tap block to stop. With block as Q, using it to stop a dash isn't really tying up your hands, unless you've remapped block to an out of the way button, which is probably a bad idea for 1.3 considering its effectiveness.

If dashing stops by removing your finger, then that disables the ability to continue dashing, so it fixes one problem, but opens up another, unless its made longer which is basically reversing the whole idea of it.

The only reason to want longer dashing is a stubbornness against change. Its quite easy to lengthen a dash, and stop a dash. I'm a noob and I have no problem doing it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom