Up close beams

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well in DBZ there are a few times where the characters use a beam really close to the enemy and it doesnt explode, and only the enemy gets hurt, i thought each character should be able to do that, but their own way, like goku with a kamehameha (against cell), vegeta with what he did to that guy on babidis space ship, what trunks used on Frieza after he sliced him up, etc, the beam would have a range, and it would be cone shaped so it hits a bigger target area (and thats how they are in the show), to charge (this is just a little idea ), you would have the normal bar, but as soon as it hits that line, it would start to shoot, and you wqould continually pump out energy while doing it, meaning the longer you shoot the more ki would be used up, it would be consumed at a considerable rate, so is this idea anygood?

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Been suggested many many many many many many times...........use the search tab (still search bar?)

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeah i know but my suggestion is different

Best answers
I think it wiuld be cool but i dont think that the esf team was going to make the thinhs that was aked here so i think good idea but esf team doesnt care.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
who is? anyway, i dont see the point in having a suggestion forum if the team ignore it, every1 here is too quick to judge on somethings and instead of developing new idea's from the crude rough idea's people come up with, all these things which are tossed aside without a care could make the game much better if you develop and explore the possibilities. This is not an insult, nor am i neglecting the time the team spends on this mod, i apreciate the effort they've put it, im saying if the team are really making this mod for the people who play it, they should be more open to suggestion or at least incorperate some of the idea's suggested in some way........ thats my view, as when i was doing NG, i found that people liked it more the input they got into it, but of course there has to be a level of control over the suggestions, otherwise you miss the purpose of the project. Now before i get warned for my freedom of speech i'll get back on topic

My idea was to give the players another form of attack, to broaden the players arsenal and add variety to the game, because at the moment you cannot attack your opponent at short range without being hurt (except melee).

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
davidskiwan said:
yeah i know but my suggestion is different
one word: NO
comment: it's equal to the other hundred of threads

Veger said:
i dont think that the esf team was going to make the thinhs that was aked here so i think good idea but esf team doesnt care.
one word: MORON
comment: the team cares about ... but most suggestions are **** ... so we won't put it in

davidskiwan said:
i found that people liked it more the input they got into it, but of course there has to be a level of control over the suggestions, otherwise you miss the purpose of the project.
shortly: you want us to agree with more suggestions ???
first thinking: then show me good suggestions
comment: 90% of all suggestions would unbalance the game to much (/me looks to "make SB blockable for good team and not for evil team", saiyans should get PL every death), would be unable for the HL engine (terraindamage, blood on player .....), would suck FPS as hell (DUST !!! EVERYWHERE !!! ... MORE effects !!!), are just a waste of time to code it, beecause it's useless and without any functon (make a button with fighting poses) or just suck (more transformations, move to HL² engine, battle damaged models)

yours is definitly point 1 ... unbalanced
you suggested to get no selfdamage when you shoot at a player ...
"/me charges a KHH ... /me waits for a swooping player ... /me waits til the swooping player flies at you ... /me waits til the enemy is close enough ... /me fires the KHH ... /me killed the enemy and didn't get selfdamage") ... wow ... cool
the only point of this suggestion is "no selfdamage with ki attacks" ... and this would make the game more beamspam than it currently is
so it's [size=+2]DISAGREED[/size] as the hundred of other threads which suggested no selfdamage

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
"one word: MORON
comment: the team cares about ... but most suggestions are **** ... so we won't put it in" I see, mods can flame all they like

"shortly: you want us to agree with more suggestions ???
first thinking: then show me good suggestions
comment: 90% of all suggestions would unbalance the game to much (/me looks to "make SB blockable for good team and not for evil team", saiyans should get PL every death), would be unable for the HL engine (terraindamage, blood on player .....), would suck FPS as hell (DUST !!! EVERYWHERE !!! ... MORE effects !!!), are just a waste of time to code it, beecause it's useless and without any functon (make a button with fighting poses) or just suck (more transformations, move to HL² engine, battle damaged models)" You've TOTALLY missed my point, i was saying that the suggestions that are in great demand, should be at least be considered. Instead of being tossed aside as useless, the team could develop the idea's and make them better. Take the New melee for example, people who havent played can make up 101 completely relevant arguements against the system, but the team used one arguement much more relevant, which is, if you havent tried it, how do you know? and yet they are so terribly hypocritical in the suggestion forum

""/me charges a KHH ... /me waits for a swooping player ... /me waits til the swooping player flies at you ... /me waits til the enemy is close enough ... /me fires the KHH ... /me killed the enemy and didn't get selfdamage") ... wow ... cool"
Hmm you didnt read my first post properly, I said, it would have a short charge time, ands when it hits the little line on the charging bar it would start to fire, and continue to fire until it either reaches the end of the bar or if you let go.

"one word: NO
comment: it's equal to the other hundred of thread" - you havent read it properly :S

I tried to be helpful and civil and i get it all thrown back in my face well **** it, i dont expect people to agree with my idea's but i dont expect to feel patronised by a mod

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
davidskiwan

I'll help you more friendly like to understand what was suggested b4:

the fact that after you shoot a beam it doesnt expload - it goes through
and cause damage,right?
and doesnt expload - cause damage just as same
as being inside a kiblob - just much more stronger
well, it was suggested b4 I can remmember that1 really good

its a great idea but its too hard, I guess that threre are too many obstacles in its way
you should know when to quit thats all, you had a good suggestion but its undoable
from some reason and thats it

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
no, not a beam, a continual blast of energy which range would increase while firing, and it would hurt anything within the blast, like a flamethrower but ur not on fire after, like this:

maybe im not explaining right..... just tell me if u understand now........ if u wanna remember the times in DBZ, like dabura kills kibito with it, or trunks kills frieza with a blast etc

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It really has been suggested billions of times. No matter how much you complain, David, the team does look over almost every suggest that comes through here, but you have to keep in mind that the "suggestions" forum is just that, it isn't here so that the players can redesign the next beta from the ground up. You're giving the team suggestions, not demands, and the fact is that if the team accepted a whole bunch of suggestions the mod wouldn't really be theirs anymore. The team knows where they are taking the mod, and the only way you are going to interupt the mod's development with the introduction of a new feature is by giving them a suggestion worthy of the time and effort.

Although Nretep was out of line back there, I can relate to his attitude on the issue. I've been on the forums a year now and I've seen this kind of thing suggested at least 30 times, two of those times even by myself. You can't say it's "different this time" just because it has a charge meter attached to it. You have to come up with a more drastic alteration to the original idea to make your own noteworthy. Read around and use the search button a few times or don't bother trying to sell us on old ideas.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ok i totally agree with you, its just i wasnt expecting this particular suggestion to be put in, i was just saying there are so many things that lots of people want in this mod, maybe the team should look into it more, rather than ignoring them. I know what you mean and i may have gone overboard, but i was only trying to get my point across, and i dont think that Nretep understood what i was trying to say........ on topic, i didnt think that this had been suggested before, i know very similar ones had, but i didnt think they had a ranged blast radius or the same charging system, were suggested, oh well, it dont matter

Best answers
I dont think every body is understanding Davids suggestion, people seem to think that it is a beam that one could charge and hold then it will shoot through enemies and not explode, that is not what the suggestion is. I think what David suggested was that when you start charging the attack, a normal charge bar comes up with a minnimum charge line, when the attack hits the minnimum line (thats when the attack starts) it shoots a VERY short range blast and it ends when it reaches the end of the charge bar or when you let go of the charge button, this way you cant hold the attack and wait till someone using mele comes up to you then blast him, you would have to time it to where the person using mele reaches you about when the attack hits the minnimum charge line, it would end up being more useful using it on someone who has been knocked down. For those flamers, read the post before you start blurting out insults, I know a little about coding ( I have taken several C++, Java, and Visual classes) and considering what the ESF team has already been able to do, I dont think that this would be too hard to do, it wouldnt cause lag and it wouldnt dent FPS, niether is it unbalanced, and I have not seen this particular idea on any other threads. So in close I would like to complement Devid on his (misunderstood) suggestion. KUDOS.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
thanks, that exactly what i was trying to say, cept the coding part cuz i know nothing about coding. But yeah thanks for the encouragement

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i like the idea to and if the ESF team dosent make it here is a little trick
u charge a normal beam attack any then u beamjump of the enemy before he knows it youll be far enough away so u wont get hurt when u want it to explode just stop holding the jump button and no block can help the enemy (the only problem are terain obsteacles and the map walls) ;)

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nah, we know what you mean, the thing is that would have to be its own attack, which means coding a new attack for every character, which means new animations, and as it would only be close range it wouldn't be very exciting. I mean, you wouldn't be using it 99% of the time. If you mean the minimum charge on the regular attacks like the kamehameha, that would be a little too cheap. It would end up being quite the anti melee weapon, especially if you gave it a decent radius.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
davidskiwan said:
"one word: MORON
comment: the team cares about ... but most suggestions are **** ... so we won't put it in" I see, mods can flame all they like
- did I flame ??? who did I flame ???
- is this mod flaming ???
- first I'm a dev team member ... then I'm a mod

davidskiwan said:
You've TOTALLY missed my point, i was saying that the suggestions that are in great demand, should be at least be considered.
good suggestion get copied anywhere else ... then we talk about it and vote ... but most suggestions weren't even good enough to reckon

davidskiwan said:
Instead of being tossed aside as useless, the team could develop the idea's and make them better. Take the New melee for example, people who havent played can make up 101 completely relevant arguements against the system, but the team used one arguement much more relevant, which is, if you havent tried it, how do you know? and yet they are so terribly hypocritical in the suggestion forum
you missed my point
we do browse this section for new suggestions ... but most aren't good enough for the "prelims" ... and for melee ... you really haven't played it yet ... there' hundreds of melee suggestions ... if you would be able to play the current system, you would totally agree that the system should NOT be changed
if we would agree with all suggestions, we wouldn't finish B1.2 before 2007 ... and noone would like it ...
I think we/ they made a good job with B1 and B1.1 ... and this with this suggestion system ... so just wait for next release

davidskiwan said:
you havent read it properly :S[!QUOTE]
you just weren't able to explain it that everyone understood it ... you never talked about a NEW attack ...

davidskiwan said:
Hmm you didnt read my first post properly, I said, it would have a short charge time, ands when it hits the little line on the charging bar it would start to fire, and continue to fire until it either reaches the end of the bar or if you let go.
so you're suggesting a flamethrower
as you said ... just Dabura and Trunks made this attack ... there's no need to give it to any one else
I already suggested it ... just for Trunks ... we haven't really decided yet

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I think they sound like 'finishing moves' rather than regular moves. And since the team said that they might implent such moves in the new melee system, it might work. But i dunno...

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nretep u are wrong Vegeta used that attack on some guy in Babidis ship, Goku on Cel and Gohan used it on Garlik JR's henchmen (or what ever they are)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom