Twilight Princess to use Revolution controller

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
http://revolution.ign.com/articles/696/696091p1.html

Rumors have been flying around for a while now about whether or not Twilight Princess would take advantage of the Rev's ability to play gamecube games, and incorporate the Rev controller into it's design, and now its been confirmed!

I think it's pretty cool, I would've liked to see Twilight Princess out by now, but obviously that isn't happening. And since both the Rev and the new Zelda will probably be releasing fairly close between one another, it gives a big incentive to go out and get a Rev (well, depending on how much they incorporate the controller into the game).

Anyways, i'll be getting the new Zelda regardless, so this extra Rev functionality is only a good thing for me.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've heard about this, but I wonder how it will be used in the game. I've heard rumors of the controller being used to swing Link's sword around realistically. While that may be fun at first, I think you'll get tired of it soon. Physically tired, I mean. :eek:

That's just a rumor I heard though.

I've already decided on buying a Revolution, so this added Rev functionality won't really change my opinion. It's nice that they're adding something though. That way, they'll have a semi-launch title ready to go. That way, they'll have a good way to say goodbye to the Gamecube, and welcome the Revolution. In a way, it has a certain poetic beauty to it..

Best answers
^_^ Well, this is fantastic news. I was really hoping they would allow Zelda TP to be compatible with the N-Revolution's controller. I guess all im hoping for now is some type of Resident Evil game announcement or maybe just a strong upcoming FPS.

It's to bad they didn't think about making Resident Evil 4 compatible with the N-Revolution's controller as well. Some functionality there, would"ve had me giddy-- atleast long enough until E3 came along.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hash said:
http://revolution.ign.com/articles/696/696091p1.html

Rumors have been flying around for a while now about whether or not Twilight Princess would take advantage of the Rev's ability to play gamecube games, and incorporate the Rev controller into it's design, and now its been confirmed!

I think it's pretty cool, I would've liked to see Twilight Princess out by now, but obviously that isn't happening. And since both the Rev and the new Zelda will probably be releasing fairly close between one another, it gives a big incentive to go out and get a Rev (well, depending on how much they incorporate the controller into the game).

Anyways, i'll be getting the new Zelda regardless, so this extra Rev functionality is only a good thing for me.
Well if they stop delaying it will end up like Ocarina of Time. I belive in OoT they were planning to add a bunch more stuff like atleats 2-3 more temples but they decided to not delay and it ended up like that. It was still a great game though.

Best answers
Hash said:
http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=24445527

Seems more info has come out, we will at least be able to shoot arrows by utilizing the controller. That sounds sweet, I wonder what other activites will be utilized by the controller functions.
Meh I can't believe they're delaying it for this. A few pointless extras for the Revolution. Hell, isn't the Cube controller compatible with the Rev? I think I remembered the same ports on the system and even if that weren't true, I'm sure there's a way to do it since GC games are compatible with the system. This makes making the Rev's controller functional with TP utterly pointless and simply a gimmick to get people to buy the system for this game instead of depending on the launch titles. A way to sell even more units for people buying the revolution as opposed to depending on the cube fanbase. This is what we're waiting for, folks. This is most likely the reason for the second delay. A marketing decision. Oh joy.

Sorry for sounding like a grump, but the second delay is just annoying, i wish they would release the game already.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Babyboy said:
Meh I can't believe they're delaying it for this. A few pointless extras for the Revolution. Hell, isn't the Cube controller compatible with the Rev? I think I remembered the same ports on the system and even if that weren't true, I'm sure there's a way to do it since GC games are compatible with the system. This makes making the Rev's controller functional with TP utterly pointless and simply a gimmick to get people to buy the system for this game instead of depending on the launch titles. A way to sell even more units for people buying the revolution as opposed to depending on the cube fanbase. This is what we're waiting for, folks. This is most likely the reason for the second delay. A marketing decision. Oh joy.

Sorry for sounding like a grump, but the second delay is just annoying, i wish they would release the game already.
Well, there could be a number of other things they're delaying it for besides this, we really don't know for sure. So I just tell myself that this is only one of the reasons they delayed it, that way I don't get too sad (cuz if this was the only reason, I would've had it earlier without the rev support).

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Word was that they had also delayed it to add more temples and such.

The entire Nintendo development team would not need so much time just to implement Revolution compatibility. It was to add more content to the game as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom