Tweaking with sound

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Is there a way to tweak your sound card or the bios or the programs that a sound card comes with, to make things even better? You can do that with a video card and I thought you might be able to do that with a sound card as well.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Some sounds cards or onboard sound devices will come with programs for such things, I can tweak the sound on my onboard nvidia sound strom using NVMixer (comes with nforce chipset drivers, i'm not sure if this comes with any of the newer drivers for nforce3 onwards, as nvidia stopped producing the sounjd storm audio chip). There are programs out there that will allow you to tweak how your sound works, though i'm not aware of many of them since I myself haven't a need to use them.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Do you mean... overclock your soundcard? Heh. Interesting. No, no one's really made something to do it because there's really no need to do it. You can however, get the AudioHQ from creative for your creative soundcard and select an EAX setting that modifies the output of your soundcard. I prefer the Techno setting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom