tweakin models = ban? how is this

Status
Not open for further replies.
★ Black Lounger ★
Best answers
how is it that u need permission to tweak somebodies dbz model? that's BS...because if i do remember correctly nobody here has permission from funimation or whoever owns the rights to DBZ in america to create there models....if people expect these kids to get better...u should allow them to work off other peoples models..plain and simple.

Best answers
i think the reason why people are not allowed to edit models etc as then they never truely learning for themselves, its like cheating in tests etc and then when u cant cheat u will not know how to do it yourself, and thus u have not learnt to do anything yourself or somming like that bla hope ppl understand wat i mean

G-Bear
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Well imo its ok, but many people dont give credit and claimed the models as their own. =\

I believe that was the reason for "asking for permission" thing.

It is bull****, since if you edit model from PC, post it at PC and give proper credit they dont say anything about it.

Maybe it's time to loosen the rules.

★ Black Lounger ★
Best answers
i think its retarted....how do u think u get better? u mock what u see...just like an artist....they get better by "COPYING" something that they like...its called "VISUAL LEARNING"

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
they never made the characters, but they did spend alot of time to make their models, and some people just dont like it when people edit their models and re-release them....just respect that, they made the whole model, you just edited it

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i beg to differ about that devion, i know poop, daz, mop, and bobo all hearily dissagree with model editing.

putting it bluntly, you cannot under any circumstances edit ANYONES model/skin/artwork (in the artwork section) without that persons EXPRESS AND WRITTEN permission. if you claim you have permission and are found to be lying, you will not be here for very long.

the reason for this is simple, anyone here who models from scratch works hard on their stuff, and they dont want other people leeching off of their success. if you want to be a successful modeler/skinner, learn to do it yourself, read tutorials etc.

its not really meant to deter people, but more a case of, we are encouraging people to produce their own origional work, not only does it look better, but it makes you and us feel better, and we are more inclined to help people who work from scratch.

that being said. im closing this thread.

if nuttzy, twister, or any other mod want to add anything. feel free.

★ Black Lounger ★
Best answers
its like in the real world....u can take a patent/invention and change by "20%" and its now urs....so i can take anybodies model...change by 20% and its mine...and its mine legally nothing u can do about it...which means u dont need permission to do anything wih the model...because they cant prove u took his ****...because its 20% different...i rest my case.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
rest your case all you like. bottom line is. you edit stuff, you get banned. take it or leave it. i also think you will find that "patent" laws and copyright law is completely different. copyrights last a total 90 years AFTER the creator of said art dies. so, your looking at a long time before you can edit something anyone makes. since you dont even need to regester a copyright (it just helps with legal procedings) anything which you create is automatically copyrighted (feel free to google any of this that you dont understand.)

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
about the banning, yes that is harsh, but if i remember right, the only models that that sticky apllies to is smos and metroteks, metro only did 1 skin so thats not much of a hindrance to anyone,....and, well smo was a crybaby about the matter,

if anyone is caught ripping now, common practice is to simply give them a warning and close the thread, rather thats how its always been under normal circumstances, (smo and metrotek were far from "normal" circumstances,)

under "normal" circumstances tweaking is not a punishable offense, edits are perfectly legal here as have they always been, so long as they follow 2 simple requirementsits

A) the original creator(s) of the model or peices of the model must be mentioned in the thread,

and

B) permission must be secured in one form or another,

its when people fail to do these things that things go awry, and thats where warnings/bans come into play,

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
X, first off, welcome back buddy, it's been a while. :)

As for the rule, you know best of all what it's like out in the wilds of modelling. Some artists have huge egos that cannot be dealt with in normal human mannor (take for example Mr. Smo) or people who have normal egos but don't want their models edited or "butchered" like metrotek/TCiccarelli. They requested this rule be installed and so it was. It is every ESF modellers right to do as they wish with the models in terms of the rules. Just as everyone who posts a model here for C&C has the right to not get thier work stolen. I'm glad that you released yours for editing. Some people can't bring themselves to not be ****s, but you have the guts and heart to *gasp* let others into the leet club.

I'm really sorry if this rule offends you, but it has to stick. Again, I applause your selflessness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom