Turbo Options?

1.21 Gigawatts!
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Instead of turbo just give you more damage automaticlly, you could acctually choose manually betwen 2 or 3 presets once you turn on turbo.
speed, damage and i dunno endurance or speed and damage combo with lower traits.

So when you hit turbo button you could choose:

- more speed (for sake of numbers, lets say i dunno 10%)
- more damage (10%)
- speed + damage (5% speed and 5% damage)
(the numbers can be lower or higher i just used it for representation)

So this gives people a bit of free will in how they wanna fight. These bonuses will stay until you die, what happens when you turn off turbo? your stats go to stock or w/e they wer before selecting preset and when you turn the turbo on you will no longer be able to select a preset it will automaticly pick a preset you selected before becuase you havent died yet, only death resets the presets and allows you two choose them agean.

Best answers
honestly, I don't like this idea.
Sorry but imho it seems more appropriate for a RPG, not a KILLASAUWL Deathmatch game.

Just saying

1.21 Gigawatts!
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
It fits a deathmatch game just as well. It just gives you options to pick w/e you want, more speed or more damage or bouth with lower traits when you turn your turbo on. Same as left and right mouse click gives you options to what type attack you wanna do. Wich will add more uniqueness to player fights.

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The problem I have is that everyone would choose speed no matter what. Easily dodge people, more ground gained and less ki used. Speed would be the choice always. Now a defense and offense turbo would be something different. Though everyone would choose 5% def/off.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Technically thats what different characters are for.

1.21 Gigawatts!
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Yeah but thats the thing. Most people will probobly take Goku probobly becuase has good overall, good speed, good hp, good ki, good attack (also becuse hes overrated). Just like now when you duel everyone picks goku, im the only one always picking Vegeta.

Now if you have a choice of picking traits you can pick your favorite character and still be able to compete with other characters.
So for example krillin is pritty weak in HP, damage, lack of attacks but he is fast. If i turn on Turbo and pick lets say damage, the other person that is fighting me, wont know what i exactly picked and i could be just as strong as goku or other characters (without turbo on). Now the person with goku when he turns turbo on could pick speed and pritty much even the fight or he could pick damage trait if he feels he can match krillin even with damage bonus and just kill him faster.

Last edited:
Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah but thats the thing. Most people will probobly take Goku probobly becuase has good overall, good speed, good hp, good ki, good attack (also becuse hes overrated). Just like now when you duel everyone picks goku, im the only one always picking Vegeta.

Now if you have a choice of picking traits you can pick your favorite character and still be able to compete with other characters.
So for example krillin is pritty weak in HP, damage, lack of attacks but he is fast. If i turn on Turbo and pick lets say damage, the other person that is fighting me, wont know what i exactly picked and i could be just as strong as goku or other characters (without turbo on). Now the person with goku when he turns turbo on could pick speed and pritty much even the fight or he could pick damage trait if he feels he can match krillin even with damage bonus and just kill him faster.

Thats because in 1.2.3 Goku is pretty much the dead center with Buu and Cell being overpowered and the others (except Vegeta who is pretty much a copy of Goku) are underpowered. Especially in servers with pl catchup activated.

For the final im hoping we can strike a real balance. As in give all characters proper pros and cons to make them unique while not overpowering anyone.

Ive already gotten some ideas how to balance that by using a limited point system which the testers and devs will get to distribute based on the imagined archetype of the cahracter and gameplay tests.

Besides no one said Goku will stay the "all round" char he is now.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I would take any saiyan ^^

Preferably gohan...
I hope you guys nail that ssj2 transformation
it's my favorite =D

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Thats because in 1.2.3 Goku is pretty much the dead center with Buu and Cell being overpowered and the others (except Vegeta who is pretty much a copy of Goku) are underpowered. Especially in servers with pl catchup activated.

For the final im hoping we can strike a real balance. As in give all characters proper pros and cons to make them unique while not overpowering anyone.

Ive already gotten some ideas how to balance that by using a limited point system which the testers and devs will get to distribute based on the imagined archetype of the cahracter and gameplay tests.

Besides no one said Goku will stay the "all round" char he is now.
This part I like. So many fighting games are never balanced and have extreme high tier and low tiers.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
This would feel nice. As in use the extra Ki used by turbo to boost one certain statistic or set of stats...would like to see this in but would be interesting to see how they could get this in. As in have separate turbo buttons / go with a preset / etc.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This is why i like how Burst Limit did transformations and balancing. They gave everyone the same stats and when you transform you didn't gain stats you gained different attacks. Though ESF is completely different in the area of transformations I could see everyone having the same stats and being able to work around that still with giving them different attacks. Burst Limit, Krillin and Yamcha were really good due to Krillin's beam and shoots up and breaks into multiple beams and Yamcha's WFF.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom