Turbo Kaioken

Best answers
All of us know the Kaioken isn't a transformation, but a Power-Up.
And Grega said each character has a different bonus (and maybe malus too?) for Turbo mode, so I'm thinking...

How about Goku's Turbo-mode is the Kaioken? In my opinion it fills up perfectly with the moves, the Ki and for powering up Kamehameha and kind of blast attacks.
Of course I'm talking about Base Goku (Super Kaioken is a filler move, and non-sense to me), and activate this Turbo can has a disadvantage on HP and/or, dunno... defense (?)..
This is only an idea, I really don't know if you wanna insert the Kaioken itself...

So bad it's so good.

Last edited:
Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I never mentioned anything for different turbo bonuses for characters in the turbo thread o_O

I just said that different chars will behave differently overall, not just with turbo activated.

Best answers
I never mentioned anything for different turbo bonuses for characters in the turbo thread o_O

I just said that different chars will behave differently overall, not just with turbo activated.
Goddamit, I Fail.

Delete that line.

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Kaioken would become a spam move fast i guess just like in ecx.
And other characters don't have something alike wich most likely will make ppl pick goku again ^^

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think it'd be adequate if it was only slightly better than turbo, but ate both your KI bar and your Special bar.

Lets say if turbo made a speed/power increase of 100%. Kaioken would up that bonus to 115%, but forgoes the ability to cause extra damage with a special attack.

Personally, I've always wanted kaioken in as a "mechanic" and not an "omfgIwin" button. Could add some depth to melee as goku as a sacrificial power mode. Sacrifice one aspect of the game to make another aspect better. In this case, simple melee.

Like a Boss? :O
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
All melee works like simple melee in game.. and it wouldn't make sense if they were going to add kaioken to only allow it for simple melee, seeing as he was using kaioken the whole fight with Frieza, and they weren't just single blows he was delivering.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
All melee works like simple melee in game.. and it wouldn't make sense if they were going to add kaioken to only allow it for simple melee, seeing as he was using kaioken the whole fight with Frieza, and they weren't just single blows he was delivering.
Sorry, I don't know the terminology for the new version. By simple melee, I mean anything that doesn't involve bonus attack combo's/attacks. Essentially, you're forgoing your ability to do extra free damage and bulking your ability to do combat damage.

Like a Boss? :O
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I'm saying simple melee and combo melee work the same way, a single blow that does the damage. Combo melee just has the awesome string of blows that looks more like DBZ, and allows you to setup for the next attack during the 'combo'.. decide if you want to knock them back/up/down/left/right to follow up with the next hit.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Well i'd agree if there is a charge time and other characters have somekind of rage mode wich has the same stats as kaioken would have than.
I believe in budokai 3 there were non transformable characters that had somekind of mode like that to compensate the ssj etc

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Would also love to see Kaioken in....as someone said, maybe it would consume the special zomfgiwinbutton bar thingie?

Badassologist Ph/D
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
well Goku pretty much used his life energy to fuel the kaioken right? Why not just make it take a chunk of health and give a chunk of ki. He couldn't use kaioken until after he had trained in the 10x gravity so his body must have had a shit load of stamina compared to any of the other Z fighters. All that extra stamina made it safe for Goku to use it without dying in the same moment he activated kaioken. As far as actually adding it to the game I think Goku already has enough crap lol making the turbo in base form look red would be good enough more me. ;)

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Actually, Kaioken didnt give him Ki or only Ki. Kaioken was more like raising his powerlevel radically along with speed. Depleting stamina level then health should seem fine.

Would love to see this mechanic in game but very well balanced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom