Trunk's Sword

Best answers
so many ppl say that trunks is really good if you know how to use him... HOW DO YOU USE HIM? his beams suck, as do his melee which leaves you with...... NOTHING!

trunks needs to be improved, but i think everyone already knows that

Best answers
Originally posted by Hsu
Never bump threads on these forums. do it again you get a warning. 3 warnings = ban.
i've seen this "BUMP" twice. Can someone explain what it is?

Best answers
if nobody replies to a thread for a while, i drops off the page (being replaced by newer threads) but when you post a reply to a thread, even if you just say 'bump' or something like that, it goes to the top of the first page (or just below all the stickies)

dont bump, as you can see ;)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by esfn00b
so many ppl say that trunks is really good if you know how to use him... HOW DO YOU USE HIM? his beams suck, as do his melee which leaves you with...... NOTHING!

trunks needs to be improved, but i think everyone already knows that
Trunks really does need improvement. But what people mean is that basically if you're good at melee you can own with any character. Melee is applicable to all, with some speed differences. However trunks is the slowest and that just mkaes his melee a bit harder. You need to be pretty good at aiming to make his only big blast attack to work correctly, so that screws with his nuking ability. He doesn't accel in any area accept a slightly above average health. So he's just kinda worse than everybody, but it isn't like he's the five-seven in counter-strike. The most important part of the game, melee, is largely skill determined, and melee is very similar for every character in the game. You just gotta get used to being slower.

But he still needs something.... and that's the swwwwword!

Best answers
Originally posted by esfn00b
if nobody replies to a thread for a while, i drops off the page (being replaced by newer threads) but when you post a reply to a thread, even if you just say 'bump' or something like that, it goes to the top of the first page (or just below all the stickies)

dont bump, as you can see ;)
so your saying you should have to start a whole new thread everytime it goes off the pages? bumping should be allowed. dumb rule.

Best answers
You dont have to bump, I for example just did another Relevant post to the thread(just dont do some little "bump". And if you do this, make sure the threads been dead for awhile and theres no hope in hell someones gonna answer your question. (thats what i do anyways, if im wrong then a mod will probably correct me here in a few min)
But back on topic, Trunks def needs something else to be a balanced character, right now hes kinda crappy, A second projectile burning attack that did more damage would be sweet and then change the finishing buster to a beam (ive heard its supposed to be one, i dunno) so then he has something he can ps with. And if the sword makes his melee better, well then im thinkin trunks is gonna be my new fav character.

Best answers
Originally posted by Pommy
so your saying you should have to start a whole new thread everytime it goes off the pages? bumping should be allowed. dumb rule.
If your thread has fallen off the main page, chances are that it's because noone was interested enough in it to reply. Bumping knocks off threads that might get a reply other than "don't bump".

Best answers
if we talk about "realistic" and "unrealistic":
why should trunks ohk? i think his sword should increase his melee damage or be an additional melee attack type... cause he couldnt ohk strong opponents like goku :) he only can do this against weak ones like frezzer in the series...

Best answers
I hate to break it to all of you but being sliced inhalf with a sword sort of kills you, so where is your reasoning that it should be a damage attack?

Burning Attack is the best secondary melee weapon. You hit the guy, then blind him, then hit him again.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Burning attack is not meant to be an all offense attack, not another big bang, it's supposed to be a unique one.

And yeah wtf, getting sliced by a sword KILLS YOU ok, even the Z fighters, to have trunks swoop up to someone and make a full slice through their mid section, and suddenly have them flying away like they just got kicked, what the hell? That would be retarded.

Best answers
Originally posted by Hitokiri
Burning attack is not meant to be an all offense attack, not another big bang, it's supposed to be a unique one.

And yeah wtf, getting sliced by a sword KILLS YOU ok, even the Z fighters, to have trunks swoop up to someone and make a full slice through their mid section, and suddenly have them flying away like they just got kicked, what the hell? That would be retarded.
Well Frieza kind of did that in that saga. Remember when he made a frieza disc and then started manuevering it around trying to get Goku? After his plan backfired and went through himself, he was still able to move around.

I'm not really sure if this is relevant to the whole "Trunk's Sword" idea, but meh. If Frieza can survive a disc through his mid-section, he should be able to survive a sword through the mid-section.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Freeza can. So can Cell, and Buu. That's because Freeza like... has no living requirements. Honestly. He's sliced in half, then that half is blown in half, then a planet explodes, and he's drifting in space with his innards exposed, and they still revive him. Although freeza would still be badly screwed up. Cell and Buu can regenerate. But all of the other characters can't (piccolo can't regen to the same degree that cell can) . Thus is goku or vegeta or gohan were sliced in half, they'd be quite dead.

I guess if they wanna make freeza, cell, and buu just become floating half-models which can fight after they're attacked by sword or disc, they can go ahead, but it seems a little strange.

Best answers
Since when could Frieza moce around when he was sliced in half? Am I mistakened or did he beg for Goku's mercy and was given enough energy to move around while in 2. Nope, I'm not. Frieza needed Goku's energy to move. End of story. You get sliced you die.

Best answers
yea freeza sis beg for goku's mercy wen he was first sliced in half, i think probably because he was scared goku would just kill him right there. he soon used up that energy cuz he decided to be a dumass and shoot at goku. after that, goku's beam disintergrated like another half of him as you can see as the beam engulfs him. plus the planent blew up with freeza like friggin half way through it, (remember that hole after the ps) and he was revived after drifitng in space for a while. when trunks sliced him the first time, he wasn't dead, any normal person woulda died (normal meaning any good guy) instantly, but then he got diced up into a million pieces and blasted into oblivion. i think freeza can be cut in half in the game and live but just maybe have half of his life gone, and his pl drain slowly. and if he tries to suicide then he loses a big chunk of pl =D

Best answers
Originally posted by Hitokiri

well perhaps they will have to make it so it DOESNT slice them in half ;) but i am one of the people who thinks it SHOULD kill them in one hit

maybe it should have to charge up, or be blockable, or take ages to swing, or something......

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom