Trunks Attacks

Best answers
First off I would like to say GJ on the mod guys keep up the good work. I have been playing it for about 3 or 4 days and it is top notch. I only really have one problem with it, and that is with Trunks. I was playing with him and noticed that compared to the other people he is about the weakest, so I got some suggestions for ya.

My first qualm is with Burning Attack. Now since it is his beam attack I would suggest pumping up its power. Maybe making it his Kamehameha? With it how it is now the only thing he can do is pretty much block because power struggling is pretty much impossible with such a weak beam.

Another suggestion would be to match his speed with the rest of the saiyans, and dropping his health down to 120 like the rest of them. The reason I say this is because ATM he is really dependant on his melee, and you can not hit what you can not catch.

Okay here is my last suggestions (for today anyways :devgrin: ). I think Trunks should get another attack as well. Compared to the other people he has the least amount of attacks which is kinda leaving him behind. Maybe a new beam move could go here? Also, if I remember correctly burning attack was supposed to be Trunks "ultimate" move and not finishbuster, so switching those around would make it more accurate to the show.

Anyways keep up the good work. This is turning into a great mod.

Best answers
A thread is made about this ever other day,but here we go.

First yes the Trunks is slow and has no strong beams,but once you play longer you will realize why.Trunks is all out melee.The burning attack isnt meant to power struggle with or to kill people its meant to blind people with and then swoop in for the kill.

Second his speed.Trunks is the slowest character in the game,but his the low pl needed to go ssj makes up for this,also his high hp does too. Also he doesnt need to be faster to help his melee skills he has his sword for that.

And yes Trunks could use another attack,but can you name any of his attacks that isnt in the game already?

Best answers
Buster Cannon is an attack in the show that is not in the game.

Best answers
I think buster cannon is just another name for burning attack isnt it?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ding ding ding

u win the i realzed the cheesey english attack translation award!!

u get a cookie

Best answers
Nope, Buster Cannon is a completely different attack. Buster Cannon is a beam not a ball like Finish Buster, and Burning attack.

Best answers
woops lol. My bad I meant that is was a beam and not a ball like finish buster and burning attack.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hate to break it to u but execpt for the 1 (count only 1) time during the cyborg freezer fight burning attack is a beam

Best answers
Buster Cannon is not really a move it was made up by Funimation ( I think im not sure but he never said it in the japanese version i am aware of).

Now Trunks' official move he ever did and had a name for was the Masenko. First and last time he ever did it was in the Brolli #8 movie him and gohan jump out and go "Masenko!" So you could probably make his masenko more powerful then gohan's and piccolo's so it could be his move.

Best answers
or in the episode "Free the future" he killed cell with some beam.......

Maybe that could be added?

Best answers
TRUNKS TRANSFORMS 2 MINUTES INTO THE GAME. HE NEEDS 650,000 LESS PL THAN THE NEXT GUY WITH THE SHORTEST TRANS TIME. THAT'S WHY HE GETS GYPPED ON ATTACKS. PLEASE, PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST.

Sorry about the caps.

Best answers
I did think before I posted, but have you ever botherred to look at Gohans transformation PL? It is 1 million as well, and he can kamehameha people to hell and back.

Best answers
Trunks gets Finishing Buster, and he is faster, also has sword and BA.

Gohan gets a Kamehameha with a pathetic blast radius, retains Masenko(lol) and shield attack, which crashes servers still.

In conclusion, Gohan ALSO gets gypped when he goes SSJ.

Best answers
Gohan's Kame has an excellent blast radius and does a pretty good amount of damage. Also Gohan is just as fast as Goku and Vegeta when they go SSJ. So you have a good melee/beam character right here that goes SSJ at 1mil.

Now Trunks gets his finish buster which is a joke in itself because it can be blocked super easy. He retains his burning attack which is a joke because it can be knocked away, but he gets his sword. Now his sword is his only descent attack. It does all norm melee damage but it has the ability to kill someone instantly at 20 percent health and is unblockable at that amount of health. Well Goku and all the other characters can do 20 melee damage easily so I ask you where is the plus side to Trunks compared to the other characters beside the unblockable attack at 20 health (big whoop) and the 10 extra health (which he needs speed more since he is so dependant on melee)?I think if anything Trunks and Gohan should switch there health/speed at SSJ, because Trunks needs the speed alot more then Gohan.

Best answers
lol this post wasn't really just about Burning attack, but was more about balancing out Trunks all together.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom