Best answers
I have a problem with the trees, in the trailers they look verry good,
but with me, they look stange, blocky and i can't see trough the leaves
the area around the leaves are black

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hmmmm.... what graphics mode r u running esf in ? does steam really make that much of a difference , i dunno if u have your card setting set to open gl but do it and see if it makes a difference (just mae sure your card runs at a decent playble frame rate ^_^)

Best answers
remeber ESF1.2 is primarily made for Steam...so it might just be the fact that your running on WON..

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SAIYAN_OVERLORD said:
hmmmm.... what graphics mode r u running esf in ? does steam really make that much of a difference , i dunno if u have your card setting set to open gl but do it and see if it makes a difference (just mae sure your card runs at a decent playble frame rate ^_^)
i have the same prob.. i've run game in open gl and still it has the black patches.. i also use won, so i think it's because of won that it has those black patches

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There are a few dll's that can fix that though, Super Vegetto gave them to me a while ago, but he lost them, and after i formatted my hd, i lost them too. :S You could try searching around the half-life community.

IN

Best answers
I run ESF on WON with OpenGL and I havo no problems, eveything looks good. Try updating your video card drivers.

Best answers
I have a good video card. I do run OpenGL, but the trees still have the black on them!

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's because you play on won, i have the same problem aswell, updating your drivers won't do ****, search for the dll's i mentioned before.

-edit-

http://files.filefront.com/2308037

extract them into your hl directory.

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, someone should stickyfie this. Allthough the team no longer gives any won support, that does not mean the community can't.

Best answers
oop and i forgot, THNX!!! it worked!! and i love those trees!!! now i can take screens and not notice ugly trees!!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i fail to see why people who cant be bothered to update to steam need a sticky anyway

says all over the place esf is designed for steam and people still wonder why there problems in won

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Some people are on 54k, and i think it makes perfect sense for them, not to update to steam.

Best answers
You mean 56k, (which i am on) and steam is awesome. Not getting it is like stabbing yourself in the heart, except less painful and deadly.

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yo thanks for the info, i hope it works

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Diablos said:
You mean 56k, (which i am on) and steam is awesome. Not getting it is like stabbing yourself in the heart, except less painful and deadly.
For me, it seems like, steam is harassing 56k users, with endless downloading of new updates. If you say it's not, then i guess helping out WON users is in vaine.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, I noticed a black tree in ESF_Canyon, and I use steam

Best answers
Omg...rofl... I thought he mispelled "Three" and said " I HAVE TREE (3) PROBLEMS" but I figured out the tree was about trees :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom