Tracking, Plcdecal.wad, and opengl vs software

Best answers
Hi.
I tried to run the game on opengl video mode, Default, and it says i dont have the stuff or something. then i click on the default tap and theres a mini3dfx card or something but it says thats not supported as well when i attempt to play games.
When i try to run on software it takes FOREVEr and also, it has some errors that keep the game from playing correctly or from playing at all.

Some about some tracking file and stuff
then something about cant find pldecal(or maybe it was plcdecal.wad) it tries to get from server but cant
What should i download or do to correct this and make ESForces work correctly? A Graphics thingy maybe or opengl? or maybe go with the direct3d?

please help me, thank you.:)

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The game can't run correctly in Software mode, it'll crash during a game if you run it in Software. My crappy computer doesn't support OpenGL either. I run D3D, supposedly that makes the game slower. It probably does, but its the only mode that my computer can run it in. :rolleyes:

Best answers
this D3d, can u put it in a bit of detail maybe. where do i get it and how do i use it.
i have cable n an Ok.. but outdated comp. but as long as i can play esf im happy.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
D3D is Direct3D...the software accelerator like OpenGL and Software in the Video menu of Half-Life.
Use Direct3D and ESF should run alright.

Best answers
did the same as software mode somwhat except there was sound this time and it loaded faster

the console started to go up so the game can be seen ya know but then it said
Initiating Tracker, TrackerUL.dll is invalid. Tracker not found or something.
then it requests the pldecal.wad from server and then it jus stops responding sorta.

sorry.. i hate windows ME

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I get those error messages during the game sometimes when I look at the console, but they don't make the game freeze or crash, I don't think they're causing the problem.

Best answers
o yea. im sorry i forgot about that. i have a 3dAGP intel direct graphics card. 64mb ram. 633 processor speed.
and the windows ME, the worst windows ive ever experienced heh. i jus got cable a few days ago n stuff to.
its strange, when i had dialup , firearms, CS, and tfc worked better than when i had cable. so i know somethings up with my comp
ive reinstalled half life numerous times and and installed my mods on it. I dunno. Its a pain cuzz i needed cable to play my fave online games but now esf and NS wont work correctly. im also asking NS for help on my probs for ns.
thx tho. maybe that info up there will help

Best answers
Sorry but maybe the only way what i think about your problem...
Try to install Windows 98 that is better than Windows ME for you'r Graphic card, 98 dosn't need so much from the graphic cards, you can run better with D3D on 98 with you'r card...

Hope this will fix you'r problem

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom