Tournament MODE! read me read me!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It would be cool to have a tournament mode.

This mode would only be available on the tournament maps. Now it would be a very large map, I have in mind DJ ready's S2K_greattournament map, but with a larger ring.

The map would be setup like this. Around the ring would be an invisible wall so players cannot kill those outside the invisible wall. People can watch on the stands to see the players fight. Those watching CANNOT attack anybody, and CANNOT die. They have unlimited life and can only teleport and swoop. No attacking would be permitted.

Now while waiting for your turn to fight, if you look in this map there would be a brawling area. The area would be much larger. People can here shoot beams, fire blasts, anything! However, they all have unlimited health. Remember, it is just a brawling area to practice.

The way the fight works would take the names of the players in order that they come into the server. Those there longer would be allowed to fight first. After they fight, their names would be at the bottom of the list. If they are brought to the bottom of the list and new people enter the server, their names would be at the bottom.

Out of the list, the two top people would fight first. They would be in the ring while fighting. Everybody in the server would have a number in the top right of their screen showing their position and their opponent. Two players would have the same number. For example, ESFnOOb and Gogetagod have both the number 3. Meaning, they would be 3rd next to fight and against each other. Also around the map outside the ring would be posted papers. You can go to a paper, click the USED key button, default E in counter-strike, to see the entire list of players. These papers would be scattered throughout the map.

When two are already fighting, the next four players (meaning 2 matches) would be instructed to right away be prepared to fight. At the top right of the screen would be a flashing warning to enter the fighter's area. If you look at the picture, the area where the road comes from to the ring. After the fight of the those in the ring are done, those two next would be then given a 15 second countdown last call to enter the fighter's area. The one not there would lose. If both are not there, they both lose. The next match after those who lost would have to also be there because if those two don't show up, then the next match can start after that.

Now when both players are in the fighter's area and are going to fight next, a popup would show on their screen asking if they're ready to fight. They have to click OK. They would then be teleported to the ring. In the ring, there would be an announcement all over the map the names of those fighting. There would be a 3 second countdown of no moving till the countdown starts. They would then begin their match to the death.

Winners of a match would get an significance boost in PL. Loser a little boost. So maybe after winning 3 matches, you can transform already. Losing, you can transform after losing 5 matches. If you win some and lose some, it would be decided on the match of how much CF bar would be rewarded.

In the score board, there would be two ways of showing your score. One would be Wins and Championships. In order to score, you have to win a match in the tournament. You would then get a point. If you lose, you lose a point. If you reach up to 10 wins, you get a Championship point. A championship point will allow you to pick one of these options:

1. PL boost
2. Speed boost
3. Health boost

Now that I'm done with this very elaborate idea, tell me what you think!

Best answers
Extremely, extremely good idea. However I am not sure if its possible. Im really excited, as this would be a very fun mode to play. Cant wait till a team member replies with his thoughts.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
of course u can't put too many people into a map at a time.. u can even do this mode with 3 of your friends.. just be the first one to ten wins

The Krazy One
✔️ HL Verified
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Your idea is ingenius, and you managed to find a way to allow all players to fight, no matter how late in the game they come in. If you want you should take a look at this thread and see if any of those ideas could be merged in with this without any hitch, and if so, would become a flawless tournament gamemode. :D

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i just dont like the tournament layout board, the tree whatever you call it i dont' remember.. for those new entering the server, it would not be fair for them.. for that way to work, ALL players would have to enter the server around the same time.. this way new players can enter.. and a championship would be determined by how many matches you win

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
maybe around the map would be other fun things to do besides brawling.. hmm maybe.. carnival games.. try to hit a moving target with a beam.. umm.. ahha i dont kno would be a lot of work............

Best answers
Maybe, make a "don't touch the ground" cvar for this thing? Sounds great!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well maybe cvar.. it would be so easy to pull that off, grab them, swing them to the ground

Best answers
I don't like having to enter the ring. They should just both be teleported there for their fight. Also, the papers are unneccessary; just use the scoreboard for that purpose.

Apart from that, it's cool.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well the reason for having to enter would add a bit of reality to the game.. it's like an appointment.. if you can't be there on time, they should not have to wait for you.. instead of magically being teleported there

Best answers
I agree, imkongkong! This is a great idea, and it has my support!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
IsrAlien said:
Extremely, extremely good idea. However I am not sure if its possible. Im really excited, as this would be a very fun mode to play. Cant wait till a team member replies with his thoughts.
well darktooth replied on another thread...

DarktoothDKD said:
cool idea.. Imkongkong
imkongkong said:
that sounds cool dark for the objective.. anyways umm, so maybe you're going to relay my idea to the rest of the team?
DarktoothDKD said:
lol..
trying! waiting for more of them to be online dammit! lol
i guess he likes it.. hehe yeah maybe the team would consider it.. yay

ONTOPIC: about the papers posted, the only reason i want it is to add an effect of being that person, whereas youre watching from a 3rd person perspective do things.. reading the paper, or even being responsible to go into the fighters waiting area to fight..

Best answers
well if darktooth is behind the idea, they may try it.. i dont think it would be impossible for them to code, i mean they totally made their own code based off the half life code.. good idea kongkong

Best answers
Until any member of the ESF Team says that they cannot code this idea, let's assume they can. There's no point being pessimistic!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
true i mean, they totally changed around the entire half life engine.. soo why not?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
let's add 1 thing.
when entering the server, you can chose in what level you're, so a n00b don't get's a pro at front of him.
the levels are:
n00b
biginner
normal
semmy
advange
pro

that's atleast better and more fair :D

Best answers
i think its an awesome idea....and really it wont be much work code side...there will be some...but like the teleports and things would be done with the map more than anything

Best answers
kickass idea man great job i think it might need tweaking but who knows what i nkow oh well :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom