Torrent client

T0t

Best answers
Im looking for a good Bitorrent program. I've heard that there are so many such as Azereus and Bittornado, and I want to choose the best one. I'm mostly going to download anime and maybe some music .So if anyone would mind giving me some feedback/bg info on these programs or simply which is the best choice I'd really appreciate it. Oh yeh and I got Bittornado a couple of days ago and everything seemed ok, but there was a yellow orb in the Tornaddo Window which to my knowledge meant that I was behind a firewall thus affecting my download speed. Yet Im not behind any kind of firewall whatsoever hmm. I basically wants a torrent thats easy for begginers and plenty fast.

Best answers
Warez is not permitted on these forums.

Please follow our AUP that your agreed to when you entered the forums.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Overruled. Bittorent isn't illegal, it is only when programs are illegally distributed over it that it becomes a problem. Just don't ask for roms or particular files.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'd have to recommend Azureus as the best client.

It, and several others, allow you to do 2 things that I love:

Prioritize 1 file in a big torrent full of files, and allow you to watch/play that one file, when it's done downloading, even if the ENTIRE torrent isn't done.

"ABC" won't let you do that.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i use bitspirit i find it works pretty well and u can cancel individual files and stuff inside larger torrents which is handy

Best answers
Bittornado works like a charm if you have it configed right. Opening ports is the key to fast downloading my young one :D

BitTornado

Edit: What you need to do is open ports 6881 till 6883, then putting that in your posts of use. Deselect randomize. That should help you to some pretty fast downloads AND a green light. Also, just DSL Slow as a setting of upload.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No wonder you all need Firefox. lol

None of them are really safe, but I guess the "best" one as far as doing what it's meant to--steal, like a *****--is BitTornado, in my experiences.

I never got it, but I had a friend with 10 gigs of bull**** and 4,000 spywares by the 3rd week he had his computer once; he had it (among others). lol

T0t

Best answers
Ah, I see. I heard Azereus(sp) was a bit difficult to use, especially for Torrent newbs(me)Like I stated above I mostly want to download anime(Naruto to be specific) I need to catch up :) I also don't understand how to open/close ports in Bittornado. If anyone would mind explaining I'd really appreciate it. Saiyan Pride, I heard that Bittorent was spyware/adware free unlike Kazaa? I don't want to have to reformat just to download a couple of episodes. Thanks in advance.

Best answers
hey, instead, you can get a direct download from www.fbi.gov
i get around 250kb/s.

DO NOT POST LINKS TO ANY DOWNLOADABLE COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL ON THIS BOARD.

For the record, it's posts like this that make us close file sharing app threads.

Cucumba
Forum Administrator

T0t

Best answers
I've tried it Jumin. For some reason it only goes at about 12kb/s :( I don't have dial-up either. I have dsl.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I Prefer ABC (Yet Another Bit Torrent Client). I never really liked Azureus, it was probably because of something else, but it just seemed like it downloaded slower, but it doesnt hurt to try it out.

I recommend you try out both ABC and Azureus, there both at the top of the pack when it comes to bit torrent clients.

And don't worry, I highly doubt you'll get any spyware/adware from bit torrent, unless of course, you're downloading crazy hacked games with .exe extensions, but other than that you'll be fine.

T0t

Best answers
Naw, I'm not much of a gamer. Thanks guys. Any other comments/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Best answers
I've used BitTornade, works very good and doesn't take long to start working on full download speed. And the load time of the program itself doesn't take long at all.
But not much control or overview of your download, and you cannot select the parts that you do not want to download. Unless that and maybe some other features have been added since I stopped using it.

I'm currently using Azureus, which IMO is a lot better then BitTornado, allthough it's somewhat slower in starting the full download speed and starting the program itself.
But, you got a lot more control over your download.
You can select which part of the download you want to have the first or not at all. The upload AND download speed is adjustable.
There are a lot more options, but just try it out :].
And if Azureus has an update... it checks for it automatically :)
And another thing is that Azureus checks if the needed ports are open, if not, then it tells you what's wrong, if yes, then it tells you that it is all good.

I recommend Azureuz

Best answers
I use ABC. I used to use Azureus, but I could never get the same speeds that I did with ABC.
But, you should know that Bittorrent is extremly insecure, you should watch it if you plan on using some popular torrent websites (cough nova cough). Torrent files allow you to open a list of the IPs currently downloading from the torrent. Since I recently got a letter from Charter warning me about this, I've used BT a little less.

T0t

Best answers
No no no no I'm not downloading off Nova. I dont know if this is allowed or not but Im planning to download off AnimeSuki or another trusted unlicensed anime site. It seems I should definately try ABC out. I don't really care all that much about features. As long as it goes fast and it works I'm happy. I have a quick question though, would direct downloading be faster than Bittorent?

Best answers
T0t said:
I have a quick question though, would direct downloading be faster than Bittorent?
That depends if the server where you are 'direct' downloading from has a fast internet connection. The faster the internet connection, the faster you have it.

And with Bit Torrent it depends on how much 'seeds' there are on a torrent. Most of the time, the more seeds the faster you have it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I use BitComet. Really easy to use and my downloads always seem to be going relatively fast. Search download.com for a link if you want it. :yes:

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Closed.

Too many named sites and people avoiding the simple rules Sonic put forth.

For future reference, Wesley Gibson was right about this thread. As someone on this thread has said before . . . generation grabass just doesn't get it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom