Torlon's Open Challenge

Retired
Best answers
I figure it's about time I made an attempt at this any one care to show me the ropes?

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I will be the referee of this bout . . . the Torlonator vs.the Mango.

It will be to the best of three rounds.

The venue will be a broken down old mine. Rumor has it that the mine is haunted, and that in the deeper corners, the spirits of dead miners lead their prey far from the sun . . . be careful what you do . . . the coal dust can start a mine fire, and sudden impacts can cause cave-ins and sinkholes.

Retired
Best answers
Some one was foolish enough to accept my challenge and it was you of all people? Magus you shall be my first stepping stone on my way to the top. I started without defeat and I shall continue with it, so lets see what you've got.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Might as well ge tyou accustomed to the feeling of loss. Better get used to it now then experience it at another time.

The mango is ready to go.

Retired
Best answers
As the sun rises in the east a lone figure walks in the distilment waste land while in the west the sky is black with the sounds of thunder echoing in the distance. He comes to a large opening in the dusty ground. “So this is where you hide. This shouldn’t take long” said Torlon as he leaps down into an old forgotten mine. His over confidents was punished as his landing gave way and he fell farther into in to the dusty crypt. He climbed out of the rubble and looked around quickly, “Good nobody saw that” he muttered. The entrance was now filled with rubble with only slivers of light shining through.

He brought a flashlight and talked more carefully down the tunnels. Meanwhile further in the mine, “So it’s a fight he wants? Facing me in a place of my choosing will be your last mistake” Magus said. Away he went flying through the tunnels with easy. He flies until he reaches the deepest shaft but not for long…

“I found you at last Magus” says Torlon “You aren’t the first creature of the night I’ve faced and you won’t be the last.” Torlon steps forward as Magus replies “You will soon join the choir of voices forever trapped in my mine” as ghostly lights began floating from the dark depths. Torlon drops his flashlight in the now gloomingly light room filled with floating colored balls of light “It’ll take more then your wisps to frighten me” Torlon said just before pulling out a black pistol, click click, “Let it begin.”

Torlon fired randomly at Magus who dodged with easy and ran up to his prey. “Now you die” Magus said, reaching at Torlon’s throat. “Think again” Torlon replied jumping back as the wall and ceiling began to give way. Magus leaped back avoiding the rubble as did Torlon but then the floor began to crack. “Man this just isn’t my day” Torlon said before the floor collapsed onto the level below it.

Magus claws into the wall and follows Torlon down and leaps down on top of him bites into his neck then screams in pain. “Too much silver for your taste?” Torlon says as he raises his pistol and fires but misses Magus as he leaps to the ceiling. “Did you think the ‘GameSurge Paladin,’ as some call me, would be so easily beaten?” Torlon said.

Torlon jumped to his feet just as Magus came at him again. Climbing along the walls leaping from one to the other as Torlon fired at him and he ran backwards down the tunnel. Magus leaps down and knocks the pistol from Torlon’s hand sends him flying down the tunnel with a quick punch to his chest. “Now you are unarmed ‘Paladin’” Magus said almost laughing.

Bang! Magus gasps in pain as Torlon’s second pistol’s first shot connects. “Says you” Torlon replied with a smile on his face.

The smile didn’t last long as he quickly fled tunnel that could no longer stand the wait of the floor above it. The rubble collapses on Magus. Magus did not like this mortal coming into his lair and making a fool of him. His eyes began to glow red as the falling rubble stopped.

”What the hell?” Torlon said in surprise.

“An appropriate choice of words ‘Paladin’” Magus said in a deep angry tone.

Magus’s eyes flashed and the debris was thrown at Torlon who reacted too slowly. Battered from the assault he stands back up to see Magus’s glowing eyes in front of him as Magus claws at his chest.

The black dust in the air made it hard to see and just as hard to breath but the smell of Torlon’s blood was in the air but it wouldn’t be for long. Torlon fired a shot at the ground and the coal dust ignited and sent the two flying.

Torlon fired at the support rotting beams and caused a cave in between him and Magus to give him time to tend his wounds and to think. Magus stands up, he will pay for that, Magus thought.

After quickly tending to his wounds and reloading Torlon ran down a tunnel only to see Magus in front of him once again. “Running? You are a coward” Magus said. “Anyone can be tough when they have inhuman power. Us mortal can’t all be brute force” replied Torlon.

Magus ran at him his skin now started to show signs of fur and his face started taking on more wolf like features. He ran up to the surprised Torlon and brought his hand together to bring a crushing blow down on his prey but Torlon regained his wits and quickly slid under Magus and leapt back up kicked the off balance monster over as it tried to spin around. Then Torlon began to fire on Magus again but he quickly rolled out of the way and quickly leapt at Torlon trying to rip him open. Torlon quickly ducked and Magus went right over him turned and leapt again.

Torlon quickly rolled out of the way and started firing at Magus again each shot only seemed to make him angrier. Torlon started running back while Magus continued his fierce. Then Torlon stopped and looked back at Magus and just as Magus was about to leap at him again he stopped. His features began to become more human again.

“I see I’ve under estimated you but you won’t trick me again” said Magus in a calm voice, “So was I supposed to jump into that cavern behind you?”

”So you’re back to your old self? A pity I was hoping this could be a quick battle” Torlon replied.

“Oh it will be ‘Paladin’ you can’t defeat me…” said Magus until Torlon shot him mid sentence, “That wasn’t nice some paladin you are”

“Just because people call me something doesn’t make it true” Torlon said as he started firing at Magus again. Magus was agile and avoided his shots while rushing towards Torlon and attacked throwing punches left and right and the so called paladin. Torlon was doing well himself keeping himself from getting hit with one of Magus’s powerful punches so the battle seemed at a stalemate until something went wrong.

One of Torlon’s stray shots went down one of the old tunnels and then there was a strange sound and both combatants stopped for a moment and looked over. Rushing towards them was a massive ball of fire. Both jumped out of the way the damage was done the nearby coal and supports began to catch fire.

As the two fighters prepared for their next assault the sound of thunder is heard above and so was another sound that would make this battle much harder…

It started to rain.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
The air was musty within the mine. Even Magus found the air sickening to inhale. He sat down cross legged and adjusted his sunglasses. He could still sense the pain and anguish from the lost souls within this very mine. This place brought chilling memories to the vampire, too many chilling memories in fact.

Pay Close attention

Magus stood up and whirled his head around. No one could be seen.

You could miss something.

Spinning around, Magus's eyes darted all around the small section of the shaft.

Why have you kept us here?

The voice seemed to be coming from behind Magus, but everytime he turned around, there was no one to be found. A light started blinking on the ground, near the entrance of this small section. Curiously and cautiously approaching the light, Magus saw what it was. It was an old miner hard hat. Somehow, the light was functioning and blinking.

Do I have your attention?

Magus gritted his teeth and stomped on the light of the hat, shattering it.
"Do you insist on toying with me? I came here to pick up something of mine, must you pester me?" Magus yelled.

"And who may I ask are you yelling at?" A voice was heard. Magus whipped around to see a lone figure entering the small section of the mine.

"May I ask who you are? Are you lost?" Magus asked.

"No, I was sent here. I was hired actually. I got some information from someone that you would be here. You have a decent sized bounty on your head. I figured I'd need a few extra dollars." the figure said.

"Yea right, you and a million others. I don't think you are being truthful my friend." Magus said, smiling at the man. "How about a name?"

"Torlon. Just Torlon." Torlon replied.

"Glad to meet you, just I apologize that I'll have to end our friendship as of now." Magus said. "but I will make it fun."

Quickly, Magus jumped to the ceiling, crawled over Torlon and exited the small section. Once out of the room, Magus dropped to the floor of the corridor and began running, with Torlon giving chase. A small mine cart was ahead of Magus, he leapt over it cleanly and shoved it back at his pursuer. Torlon jumped over the rolling cart with ease, only for the cart to splinter a nearby wooden wall support.

CRASH!!!

The ceiling from the small room where they had previously occupied had now caved in. The shaft rumbled, dust from the dirt and coal poured out into the corridor. Once he reached a large room that branched off into four different corridors, Magus stopped and waited for Torlon to enter the room. A few seconds later, Torlon charged in, still running after Magus.

Torlon drew a knife from his belt and cross slashed with it furiously as he approached Magus. The shoulder area of Magus's cloak took a large cut from the blade, but Magus was not harmed. Seeing the opportunity, Magusput his head down, grabbed Torlon with one hand on his abdomen, and one hand around him on his lower back. He lifted Torlon from the ground and slammed him down onto the rusty cart rails that he was previously standing on.

"Agh!" Torlon yelled as he arched his back in pain. Quickly, Torlon brought his legs back, and sprung to his feet. He came up jabbing with his knife, only to miss again. Magus smiled and took off in the eastern corridor of the room. In the dark shaft, Torlon saw MAgus take to the walls and run off.

"You coward!" Torlon yelled as he gave chase once again. Magus stopped at a dead end in a small room where apparently a dig was interrupted. Torlon entered and saw Magus standing still, looking down.

Rotting corpses were on the ground, portions of the skull could be seen through the rotting flesh. There were three corpses in the room, all of which were lying on the ground with their necks craned to the side. The mouths still gaping in pain.

"You were here before." Torlon told Magus.

"You know..because you came here not only for the money.." Magus said, his back still to Torlon.

"I came to stain the walls of this shaft with your blood. You know who I am. My father was the head miner here! I willn ot let him be unavenged!" Torlon yelled at Magus.

"I was turned into a vampire a week before I got worked in this mine..I had a hunger that was so grand. The rewards were great. I enjoyed killing your father and his men!" Magus yelled.

I will enjoy toying with you..

Magus whirled around and faced Torlon, who leapt forward with insane speed and buried his knife into Magus's stomach. Magus winced in pain as a trickle of blood escaped his mouth.

"S..silver..?" Magus asked, coughing.

Torlon simply smiled.

"Your life is worthless as your father's!" Magus yelled as he shoved Torlon back and removed the knife from his stomach. Magus coughed and spit out a line of blood. His claws extended slightly, but retracted almost instantly as Magus tightened his fists.

I don't like being downtalked..

Suddenly, three lights blinked on from behind Magus. Torlon's eyes widened as the three rotting corpses stood up and slowly walked towards Magus.

"..ve..nge..." The corpses murmured as they lifted their pickaxes. One corpse sprang forward and slammed its pickaxe into Magus's back, Magus howled in pain and threw the corpse backward into one of the other undead scourge's. The weak bones and flesh from the corpses fell aprat on impact, Torlon charged forward to attack in the midst of Magus's distraction. Sensing the pincering danger, Magus kicked teh corpse in the abdomen, destroying it. The pickaxe went airbornse, but was caught by Magus before it touched the ground. Quickly and with tremendous force, Magus flung the pickaxe into Torlon's lower right ribs. Instantly, Torlon fell backwards.

Breathing heavily, Magus clutched his abdomen, heaving.

It's a bit dark in here, no?

Magus looked around the room, nothing else was in there but his opponent and he. Suddenly, torches on the wall began to appear. They all lit up at the same time. Torlon stood up, removed the pickaxe from his body, and hurled it at Magus, who was still in awe of what was going on. The pickaxe missed, and hit a wooden support of the wall, splintering it. Coal dust shot out in the room. Magus's eyes widened.

"Oh shi-"

BOOM!!!
A large explosion from the coal dusts reaction to the torches sent the two to the ground. It actually sent them through the ground. The two fell through the collapsing floor, and landed in a large open room. Mounds of coal were around, corpses strung everywhere.

Let's have some more fun..

Lights from all around lit up, corpses stood up, and started closing in.

"It looks like I have some unexpected allies.." Torlon said, smiling evilly at Magus.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wow, this is a tough one to call. Both fights flowed well, but Magus had less grammatical errors than Torlon. Torlon, you seemed to slip in and out of tenses, try sticking to present or past tense. I've seen very few people do present tense to good effect, but for what it's worth Tor, you did a damn good show of it. Most people that use present tense get "sportcaster disease".

You didn't do enough to take the round though, as Magus bested you in grammar, and tied every where else.

Unconfuse the tenses, and unleash the donkey punch on the Mango.

Magus takes round 1.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Magus braced himself. He spun around, glancing at the undead beings closing in on him.

"Four..five..six. Okay, six, plus Torlon. Great." Magus thought to himself.

You have yet ventured far enough to claim your prize at the end of the labyrinth, friend.

Magus did his best to ignore the voice as the corpses were closing in on him, each one barely being able to speak.

"..ur..der...."

Finally, Magus's eyes had fully adjusted and had given him an enhanced view of the large room. It seemed to split off into countless corridors, a pile of carts in the corner, coal piled everywhere. Before Magus had time to see more of the large room, a skeletal hand was placed on his shoulder. Instantly, Magus reacted with an elbow to the midsection of the undead being. The impact pushed it back a bit, but it stood up and raised its shovel.

"Why didn't this one fall apart like paper..this other ones did.." Magus thought to himself.

Torlon quickly stopped spectatint and seized the opportunity of the undead's diversion to Magus. All six of the beings were nearly four feet away from Magus, all of them closing in on him with their shovels and pickaxes out stretched. Anxiously, Magus clenched his fist. His claws extended slightly, his arms were slowly bulking up. Hair had begin growing on his arms.

Now, my son and my comrades, will have you now!

Quickly, Magus was filled with a passion to end the fighting immediately. As the walking corpses approached him, he quickly swayed out of the way of an oncoming pickaxe. A flurry of pickaxes, shovels, and Torlon's slashing with his knife was all Magus could see as he frantically rolled to the side. Swiftly, Magus leapt straight up into the air of the roofless shaft. On his way up, he spun around to kcik a zombie in the head, successfully turning the head one hundred eighty degrees. As Magus landed, he snatched the shovel from the zombie's rotting hands, and kicked him backwards. The zombie stumbled to keep its balance, but fell instantly to the ground, struggling just to stand again.

Once the shovel was in his grasp, Magus whirled around, knocking two zombies into many pieces. Torlon charged Magus and kicked the shovel completely out of his hands.

It seems that my men are just slowing down my son, very well.

The remaining corpses fell to the ground, motionless. Magus put his full attention on Torlon now as he jumped back a few feet.

"Why do you return here?" Torlon asked, "you slaughtered my father and his partners then. I took the role to slay all vampires myself in his vengeance."

"And how did you know it was a being superior as me who performed this deed?" Magus asked.

"A lone survivor who was working with his father that day." Torlon replied, his eyes narrowing at Magus.

The two stared at each other in silence. Magus could now fully see what his opponent looked like. He wore a long leather jacket, his belt suited up with all kinds of gear. He had eyes of fire, and thick blonde hair. His face blackened from all the coal residue.

Magus smiled, removed his sunglasses from his eyes. He took a case from his pocket, put his glasses in the case, and put the case in his pocket. Instantly, Magus's vision enhanced majorly.

"Now, I can see twice as better, I keep those on to see as you do." Magus said. Clutching his wound, which had now stopped bleeding, Magus coughed and spat to the side. Torlon reached into his jacket and pulled out a black pistol, he aimed it at Magus and fired two shots.

Bam! Bam!

Magus stumbled backwards as he saw his cloak had two blood stains on each side of his chest. He gritted his teeth and leapt forward, only to be shot again in the middle of his throat. He fell to the ground. Quickly, torlon tossed the pistol aside and grabbed his knife. Grunting, Magus started to get up, his wounds starting to heal.

"How could I have not seen his speed with a gun? Unless he meant for all his attacks to come after the othe-"

Torlon leapt onto Magus, his legs slamming down onto his chest. Without any hesitation, Torlon brought down his knife with great speed. Quickly, Magus reached up and grabbed both sides of Torlon's wrist to stop the knife from hitting its desired target. The two had a stand still struggle for a few seconds, only for Magus to push Torlon's hand back and slide out from underneath the attacker.

Once again, Magus ran off into a nearby corrido, he took to the walls with Torlon giving chase.

"Come back! You fear me and you know it!" Torlon yelled at Magus.

At the end of the corridor, Magus could see a small light. Curiously, he followed the light. At the end of the unfinished corridor, a circle of candles were placed and lit up on the ground. A corpse was seen on the rock wall. The corpse was male, it was suspended by two pickaxes in each of his wrists. He had been killed to imitate a crucifiction. His shirt was removed when he was murdered. Even amidst of the flesh rotting off of his bones, a carving of a pentegram could be seen on his chest.

You always admire your handy work, don't you?

Magus looked around, then focused his attention on the corpse on the wall.

Yes, you have found me, now, I know you want what you left here. Your...trophy so to speak. It is around my neck, a diamond from the mines that I valued. You will have to go through my son, and me to obtain it.

Torlon entered the room.

"It seems you have found my place of ritual. A successful ritual at that. A little contacting of the underworld can go a long way. It can even bring a loved one back to cast aid one in their own revenge." Torlon said. Torlon moved forward, and removed the pickaxes from the suspended corpse. It fell to the ground like a ragdoll.

Torlon took out his blood stained knife, and drove it into the corpse's heart.

"Blood of the killer, revive this soul full of vengeance!" Torlon yelled as he ripped the knife out.

The candles simotaneously blew out as the corpse rose to a standing position. Without exchanging any more words, the father and son sprang forward to attack Magus. This new zombie was insanely fast, it moved unlike any other zombie or human! Magus ran up the wall and somersaulted backwards, landing behindhis two opponents. Quickly, Magus speared the corpse into the wall. He jumped backward to grab the wrist of an oncoming punch from Torlon. Quickly, Magus whirled Torlon into far wall, slamming him face first into it. The shaft vibrated, some dust fell from the ceiling.

Magus grabbed the putrid corpse from the back of the head, pulled him waay from the wall, and snatched his necklace clean off his neck. On the end of the withered piece of rope was a large, sharp diamond. Torlon's fatherfrantically attempted attacking Magus, only for Magus to jump onto the wall and run towards Torlon.

" I will not let you kill again! " Torlon yelled as he took out his knife. Magus jumped down from the wall, and grabbed the large diamond.

Torlon yelled loudly as he put all of his might and speed to finish off Magus with a stab to the heart.

"NO!!" Torlon yelled, seeing Magus with a hold of his wrist, once again.

"Now, watch." Magus said as he twisted Torlon's wrist. Torlon's face twisted in pain as his wrist snapped. With the moment of distraction, Magus drove the diamond into Torlon's broken wrist. Blood poured out as Torlon dropped the knife.

Quickly, Magus retrieved the knife and turned to Torlon's father.

"This might've worked when you were dead, but any holy item is lethal to the undead!" Magus yelled. Quickly, he hurled the knife at the oncoming zombie.

THWACK!

The knife landed in the zombie's forehead, his eyes rolled up and he fell to the ground.

"Torlon, you cannot have your vengeance, I am twice as slow with this wound and I have still defeated you and your father, give up now." Magus said.

"I have..just.." Torlon clutched his wrist, gritting his teeth. "..begun to fight!"

Torlon yelled, he stood up, staring Magus down.

Magus laughed as he charged the wounded opponent, grabbed him by the neck and lifted him against the wall.

"Think again." Magus laughed evilly.

Retired
Best answers
“I killed them once and I shall do it again” Magus gloated, as the bodies of the dead miners struck.

The first miner gets ripped apart by Magus’s brute strength, as does the second, but soon he gets overwhelmed. The zombies start to jump on Magus and before long there is a pile of undead horrors right where Torlon wanted them. Magus fell back onto a pile of coal, “Forgetting about something?” ask Torlon. Magus looks over just fast enough to see Torlon’s knife flying towards him, quickly using his superhuman strength shifts just enough to avoid the knife, “You missed” Magus confidently says before feeling a sharp pain in his back.

“AHHH!” Magus yelled for the pile of coal was ablaze by a spark from Torlon’s knife, “Who says I was aiming for you?” Torlon said with a smile on his face. The smile was short lived as he heard a bloodcurdling roar and zombie miners and flaming pieces of coal are sent everywhere. Through the smoke Torlon saw Magus and his glowing red eyes. Magus picks up a pickaxe and Torlon pulls out a curved dagger, they look stair at each other for a moment then they rushed forward.

*Clang* *Clang* *Swoosh*

Magus swings the old miner pickaxe but Torlon grabs the shaft and swings his blade just to be stopped by Magus. “I will have my vengeance” Torlon said, “You will die just like your farther did” replied Magus, “Ma… gus…” comes from the behind the smoke and fire now filling the room.

They pushed each other away and out came dark figures came from the smoke “Ma… gus…” As rotting flesh of the dead miners melted from the flame they rushed the enraged Magus. Magus slices through one then spin kicks another just as Torlon runs in. Magus grabs another pickaxe and does his best to fend off the army of undead and a young fighter. The outlook for Magus looked grim until he used his superhuman strength and struck the floor.

*Crack* The floor started to crack and opened to the next level down but Torlon and Magus weren’t through yet. Magus jumped back and the zombie miners started falling through to the level below while Torlon was too agile to fall so easily. Torlon leaped across the growing void and attacked catching Magus off balance. Slicing with his blade he destroyed the shafts of Magus’s axes then kicks Magus to the ground. Then just as Torlon began his stab at Magus’s twisted heart fate intervened once again as the crumbling floor caught up with them and they feel to the next floor down.

The hit the floor with a thud and Torlon was thrown by the enraged Magus. Magus then quickly jumped to his feet and was grabbed from behind by one of the miner zombies until it turned to dust. “Interesting toy you have here” Magus said now holding Torlon’s blade, “Did you think I was fight you unprepared” Torlon replied. Torlon pulls another knife from his belt as Magus added “How many of those do you have?” with annoyance.

Another miner rushed Magus and with a single swing of his newly acquired blade it turned to dust. With that the zombies backed off knowing from now they could not interfere, but Torlon was not done yet. *Crack* “This floor wasn’t going to last much longer then the last” they thought as bits of the floor started sinking. Magus jumped to a pile of rubble and started leaping between them as Torlon ran along the floor rolling to avoid falling debris while jumping to avoid the progressively large holes.

Magus leapt down at Torlon but he rolls to the side and Magus lands on a falling section of floor but swiftly jumps again but is met this time with face full of red hot sparks, “Ahh! My eyes” cried Magus, clutching his eyes moments before he realized his mistake. Torlon rushed and kicks Magus clear to the other side of the room.

“You shall regret that mortal!” Magus yelled while clearing out his eyes.

“Wrong Magus” Torlon said with a cold voice, “You shall regret the day you killed my father and you shall regret the day you met me.”

“Ven… geance…” came from the voices in the shadows.

Magus’s vision was blurry as he uncovered his eye but he still heard the blade slicing the air on his way to his chest. Magus ran to the side and fell down to another level. “How far down does this go?” Magus said aggravated, “For you Magus, this goes all the way down to hell” Torlon said jumping down. Torlon ran forward but Magus’s werewolf blood repaired his eyes and the first thing he saw was a falling support beam that was in flames. With a swift kick the flaming beam hit Torlon squarely in the chest “Ahhh!” Torlon screamed as he fell back.

Torlon threw off the burning beam and jumped to his feet. Torlon was surprised to see Magus standing front of him but that didn’t last long. Magus slashed across Torlon’s face then threw him into the far wall. Torlon forced his weary body to stand. Then Torlon’s eye’s filled with surprise looking behind Magus “What the hell is that?” Torlon said in almost a panic. Magus quickly to see what was there but only found a sharp pain in his back. Magus turned and found Torlon was gone but Magus could smell his prey’s freshly spilt blood and knew where he went. He took the knife from his back and gave chase.

Magus quickly caught up to Torlon as he ran down a cold damp tunnel. Just as Magus was about to catch up Torlon kicked a support beam and collapsed a section of the tunnel. Magus was not to be deterred though, his eyes flair and the rubble is sent flying down the tunnel. Though Torlon was not in sight he wasn’t far and Magus followed again.

Magus finds Torlon standing against a wall of a cold damp old half completed tunnel. “End of the line,” Magus said “No where left to run.” Torlon wiped the blood from his cheek, “No more running” Torlon replied. Magus threw the blood covered knife at Torlon but Torlon was too fast for that and caught it in with one hand. Magus ran towards Torlon but half way there Torlon threw his knife back at Magus. Magus rolled back and avoided the blade once again.

“Magus you can’t win. For I know why this mine was closed” Torlon said calmly. *Crack*

”Ha I know too, all the miners deaths made it difficult to mine” Magus replied. *Crack*

“That’s not it at all fool” Torlon said, “Behind you is the reason it closed and what will help me defeat you” *Crack*

“Ha I’m not falling for… that…” Magus started to say but felt something cool hit his back. *Crack*

He turns to see the wall cracking apart from where a knife was sticking out of the wall and from the cracks a clear liquid was flowing forth. Magus realized things were about to get worse. *Crack*

“The mine was closed upon the discovery of an underground lake” Torlon said smiling.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wow, tough choice, but Torlon takes this round.

Again, Magus shows his grammatical ability, and there are very few technical problems with his post (if any). Torlon continues to write in both present and past tenses . . . you need to write, while you write, or have written when you have written, not wrote while the character writes.

However . . .

I enjoyed Torlon's dialogue more, and there was scenery in Torlon's fight. I got the distinct Voltron chop action feeling from Magus . . . blurred backgrounds with action cells in front . . . while Torlon gave me beautifully animated backgrounds like Ghost in the Shell. Torlon will take this round, on the basis that his occured outside of some bullet time, tie die bg.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
I'll get round 3 later tonight or early tomorrow.

Either way you won't be disappointed Cuc. I'm fired up to push myself now.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Magus jumped back from the wall, as water constantly seeped through the holes.

“You still don’t understand, Torlon, you haven’t found out why I was here in the first place.” Magus said, leaning up agains tthe dampened wall. The floors puddles were now streaming into each other.

“I can easily kill you and run straight up out of here. Or just leave you here to drown.” Magus continued “But I figured out to make this interesting. For I knew there was a lake, and what its importance was. But not the details of where. And for that, I thank you.” Magus spoke, arrogantly.

Torlon stood silently. He took a quick breath, and looked down at his dim reflection in the small stream he was standing in.

“Are you going to say anything?” Magus asked.

Torlon continued to stare.

“Very well. Looks like I’ll have to keep my secrets then.” Magus said, stepping towards Torlon.

Quickly, Torlon steppe forward. He instantly shoved his hand into his cloak and whipped out his dagger, swinging it at Magus in one continuous motion. Magus stepped back and swayed to his left, avoiding the deadly slash. Torlon charged forward, attempting to tackle Magus. In one quick motion, Magus jumped upward and clung to the wall. Torlon looked up, seeing the previous floors they had fallen through. The water now ran at his knees.

“Eat this!” Magus yelled as he dropped from the ceiling and extending his legs.

WHAAAM!

Magus’s rotation of his legs slammed Torlon into the leaking wall. A large crack was heard, as the wall shook a little. The water pressure began to build.

“Agh!! I know what I need is jsut beyond..screw it!” Magus yelled as he ran forward and slammed his own self into the wall.

CRAAACK!! The wall completely gave. Within seconds water poured into the corridor, instantly throwing Magus and Torlon back. The room itself began to fill up with water.

Under the current, Magus’s eyes popped open and focused on the area where the wall once stood. He pushed off the wall behind him and swam toward it. Torlon was drifting slightly behind him, giving up on swimming up for oxygen. He began to pursue Magus.
Magus arrived where the wall once stood, with it clear now Magus could see a large hole on the ground a ways back, he quickly swam into the hole. Torlon followed.

The hole led into a large tunnel, Magus swam along using the walls to push himself forward. Torlon struggled to hold his breath, it had already been around a half minute since oxygen had entered his lungs. Up ahead, Torlon saw Magus approach a hole above him, and swim up the hole. Torlon immediately follwed. Once he passed the hole heard water dripping. He could now breathe again. Torlon hoisted himself out of the hole. He looked around, amazed at what he was seeing. The room they were in was enormous! Water stood all around, their was a small waterfall behind him. Apparently cycling water through the hole, having it flow back up to where he was.

Torlon walked forward, where he saw a chunk of rock that stuck above the water. Up ahead, he saw Magus standing on the dry land. Torlon hoisted himself otu of the water, and continued forward. On the chunk of land, Torlon saw diamonds. Masses, piles, stacks of diamonds. Magus began to speak.

“Years ago, me and some comrades would try to find this lake.. Once we did, we realized the miners here were hiding something. Rumor had it, that they kept the supply of diamonds from the mine for themselves, and just said it wasn’t producing any diamonds. The miners watched any single way to enter this place. So we had to kill them. But in the midst of the attack..I had to leave for some reason. The mine was considered condemned and they sealed it up. Saying that the lake was the reason it was closed. So don’t tell me what you know, and do not know about this place Torlon!” Magus yelled.

Torlon stepped back, and gritted his teeth.

“You will still not run out of here alive!” Torlon yelled.

Magus laughed and looked around. Amongst the piles of diamonds, the water quietly flowed. Behind him was a small rock path to a corridor. Magus smiled.

“Now, I am sensing something I have felt before.” Magus inhaled a breath and closed his eyes.

“If this were to be my gateway to hell then I shall follow it.” Magus said as he ran full speed towards the corridor.

Puzzled, Torlon gave chase, but only in a light jog. Approached the small opening, entering into the massive darkness that awaited him. The room faded to black. Torlon looked behind him, but the opening to the lake was gone.

The blackness began to brighten, Torlon found himself standing in the middle of a small town. A man approached him.

“Torlon! I’m about to head to the mine today. Take it easy!” The man said.

“Father?” Torlon asked.

“Well, yea, I’ve only been your father your entire life!” The man gave a hearty chuckle.

“What...” Torlon trailed off.

“Don’t bother helping me out, you worthless excuse for a son.” Torlon’s father said.

“What?!” Torlon screamed, walking a bit backwards to the sidewalk of the street. His father stepped toward him. Torlon was still amazed at the familiar town he was standing in. Down the street was the old convenience store he used to hang out at. Cars buzzed through every now and then. His house could be seen on the corner.

“Answer me! Who do you think you are you worthless piece of crap? Huh?!”

“What is wrong with you? You were never like this!” Torlon yelled, his eyes getting glassy.

“There’s only one way to shut you up kid, I’m putting you down!”

“You bastard!” Torlon yelled, leaping forward. He pulled out his knife and drove it deep into his father’s heart. Torlon yelled and ripped the knife out, stabbing his father again. Almost immediately, the town disappeared, Torlon saw himself back in the entrance of the corridor. He had driven his knife into Magus’s chest.

Torlon looked around, confused. Seeing Magus on the ground, not moving made him happy.

“A blessed blade like my own, and a trained mind like my own will not fall for illusions.”
Torlon raised his knife above his head, and brought it down. Magus barely rolled out of the way, he stood up and ran back into the open room. He coughed, holding his chest. Blood was pouring out. With a small splash, Magus fell into the water. A red wave spread from the vampire’s fallen body. Magus saw everything fade to black.

You say...you have problems...

“Yes...I have much to fight for..but not the lifetime to make it last.”

I can give you a one way ticket..an offer. To make sure you will always be around to fight for what you believe in. To be a well known, rich and feared person.

Magus looked around, he saw himself in a place he had thought he’d never see again. He sat in a small bed of his cottage. Outside his brother and sister were helping his father work the crops. A tall man stood on the end of the bed. Magus looked to his left..and saw a large stone castle.

“I’m back home..medieval England..” Magus thought to himself.

Then brace yourself boy, this may hurt

Magus looked to the man. This was the vampire who turned Magus into a vampire! He had the chance to remember who turned him into a vampire again!

“Wait! What’s your....your...”

Magus felt the feeling of his neck being pierced. Everything faded to black once again.

“Noooo!” Magus shouted to himself. “ That was a chance I won’t have again...”

Once again, the blackness lifted, he stood in the middle of an open field.

A young boy, a young girl, and a grown man lay on the ground. Their necks had been bitten into. Magus saw himself in the middle of the field, his chin had the warmth of blood on it.

“This is where I turned on my family...out of hunger..and hate for my dad not giving me the attention I deserved...he wouldn’t let me become a knight...If I’m not mistaken ...oh no!”

Magus turned around to see a large wolf pounce on him. Quickly, it bit him in the shoulder, and ran off.

“My body was still fighting to stay human. Trying to stay alive..then the mixture of the werewolf bite so it plugged together neatly...”

Magus felt wet on the front of his body. His eyes popped open as he saw himself floating on the water. He quickly stood up, seeing Torlon just now jump in after him.

“Don’t...*cough* think this is the end...” Magus said. Torlon grabbed his blessed dagger, and was ready to finish the vampire off.

For the first time, Magus was in awe at the beauty of this room. The water was clear, and shallow. The diamonds throughout the walls sparkled off of the reflection. The room was slightly lit from an unknown source. Magus still had not found out what was in the corridor beyond this room.

Magus’s arms were flung straight sideways, he smiled as his arms began to bulk up and grow hairier. His face extended into a snout, his hands into claws. The werewolf was unleashed. With a loud howl, Magus ripped his robe off, standing with just his pants on. His shoes had been ripped apart. His hind leg muscles jerked and twitched. Torlon sheated his dagger and pulled out another. He spun the handle on the tip of his index finger, tossed it into the air, and caught it by the handle.
“Now, your new form doesn’t intimidate me. It just tells me silver is now the key. Take this!” Torlon yelled as he hurled the knife at Magus. The knife was stopped inches away from Magus’s heart. He extended his left hand forward as the knife fell into the water.

“Sploosh!”

“Telekinesis? Oh well, just shows that I’ll have to be up in your face to kill you. Now, it’s your turn to chase. Come on!” Torlon yelled as he jumped out of the water and ran towards the corridor. Magus leapt out of the water and began the chase. Torlon randomly turned into any direction, as long as it wasn’t a dead end. He had no idea where he was going, but he knew he was running from Magus. Diamonds were strung throughout the walls of the twisting, turning corridor. Torlon stopped as he saw a small ladder leading upward. He began to ascend it, only to be stopped by the firm grip of Magus’s hand on his ankle. Torlon was yanked down and thrown to the ground. Quickly, Magus ascended to the ladder as he saw hinges at the top where the wall and ceiling of the shaft met.

Magus pushed at the ceiling above him. Surprisingly enough, it moved! With a breath of relief, Magus tasted fresh air as he ascended into the night sky. He stood near a small twisting road. At the end of the road he could see in the distance the entrance of the shaft that he and Torlon had met in. Looking down, Magus saw Torlon begin to ascend the ladder. He waited patiently for his opponent. Torlon jumped out of the hole, and immediately charged the werewolf with a flurry of daggers. Magus jumped backward, he landed softly and growled at his opponent. He showed his fangs as his low growl continued. Magus’s arms went to his side as he looked to the sky, closed his eyes, and let out an ear piercing howl. Torlon bent down and covered his ears. He winced in the pain of the shrill howl.

Magus crouched to the ground, and pounced at Torlon.

Thwack!

Impact. Magus plowed right into Torlon, bringing him to the ground. Furiously, Magus clawed at Torlon’s chest. He then rolled backwards, sprung to his feet, and lifted Torlon up from the ground. Magus brought Torlon to his face.

“I’ve wounded you in the chest, I know you’d be twice as agile if that weren’t there. This makes me sick, I still pity you while you enhance your strength fully. Iam too much for you no?” Torlon asked.

Magus snarled as he stepped towards the open trap door. Magus held Torlon to his face, then briefly looked down the hole. The ladder could be seen, long as ever. It went down into pitch black darkness. A low growl emitted from Magus’s throat as he spun Torlon around, and brought his massive jaws down right into his shoulder. Torlon screamed in pain, Magus dove down into the hole as he retained the grip with his jaws. The two fell back down into the hole, Torlon struggling frantically to find a solution from the pain he was receiving. His screams were silented as he landed back onto the hard, cold ground, Magus on top of him. Finally, Magus loosened his grip as he rolled off of Torlon.

Magus looked up, wooden beam supports cris-crossed the stone ceiling above them. His fangs gleaming, Magus ripped apart the ladder and slammed his elbow into random supports. The corridor shook, Magus grabbed Torlon by the collar and began to run, dragging his opponent behind him. Back through the dusty, twisting corridors Magus went, until he saw the shining lake nearing once again. Magus ran past the piles of diamonds and hurled Torlon into the water.

SPLAAAAASH!!!

Torlon landed in the shallow water, rolled a bit and stopped. He brought himself into a sitting position. Clutching his shoulder.

“My...my body..argh..you fiend! Now I have to fight to keep my humanity. I would die then become anything similar to you!”

The werewolf grinned, his teeth protruding out of his mouth. He began to slowly walk towards Torlon. Clumsily and slowly, Magus dropped off of the raised rock and splashed into the water. Torlon backed up a bit, and braced himself yet again. As Magus approached, Torlon took a random swing with his good arm. Easily, Magus gripped Torlon’s arm with his right hand and sent the claws of his left hand deep into Torlon’s shoulder wound. Torlon yelled and fell to the ground. He stood up and planted a full force kick right into Magus’s chest. Hitting the knife wound dead on. Magus howled as he stumbled backward. Blood began to drip from his wound again.

Torlon grunted and struggled. He began to feel his body mutating within him. The werewolf gritted his teeth and growled. He then smiled as he saw Torlon scream and fall to his knees. Hair began spreading on his arms. It slowly disappeared as Torlon lay there, grunting and yelling.

Torlon screamed as the water in the room began sloshing about. The ground beneath them began to shake. Torlon’s screams were fading into a loud howling sound. The tremors stopped, as Magus looked at his opponent. Torlon stood there, growling. His face ha dextended into a snout. His clothes were ripped all around him. The new wolf’s eyes were blood red. His belt full of weapons fell into the water and sunk to the bottom of the shallow lake. The two wolves ran at each other, and clashed in the middle of the room. Water was pushed back as the two locked hands. Neither one’s eyes left their opponents. Magus smiled as he was sensing Torlon’s body giving in to his new form as time passed.

They both growled in unison. This was something Magus would enjoy oh so much. Still, Torlon had a bit of humanity within him. Magus would never be anything of this dimension again.

Magus shoved Torlon back. Torlon, not used to his muscular legs, stumbled backward and fell into the water. He immediately stood back up. The hair on his body drooped downwards from the weight of the water. He shook the water off of him just as any dog would, and stared at Magus. Quickly, Torlon attempted a pounce in Magus’s direction. Once again, Magus jumped straight into the air and landed behind Torlon, performing a cross slash attack with his claws. With his newly enhanced senses, Torlon jumped forward a few feet, avoiding the attack. He immediately turned around and faced Magus once again. The two locked hands once again. Magus sensed the humanity in Torlon still. It was as if it were fighting a war against this new force taking over Torlon’s body.

Torlon let go, and jumped backward. He looked up and screamed as loud as he could. Water around him shot upward. The room was filled with a thick mist now. Magus struggled to see where his opponent stood. The silhouette of Torlon was seen in the middle of the mist. The wolf stood there clutching his head and shaking around violently.

Torlon..fight It off...you will be a freak jsut as him if you let it prevail..

Torlon howled as water shot up around him again.

Magus stepped backward, confused.

The mist cleared. This time however, Torlon stood as a human.

“My father helps me wherever I go. He wants your blood as bad as I do. He exists even within me. I alone could not have fought the force of a creature like that out of my body. Realizing that, I can now kill you and live peacefully.” Torlon said.

Magus cocked his head sideways. Wondering how just the mere force of Torlon’s father had helped him regain his humanity.

torlon reached into the water, and reattached his belt to his waist. He stood there, shirtless, staring at his opponent. Magus could still sense the werewolf flowing throughout Torlon’s body. He had not driven it out, but only made it latent again. IT was a very rare thing for Magus to witness. He intended to bring the werewolf out of Torlon once again. Just so Torlon would die frustrated that he was a human no more. With a large splash of water appearing behind him, Magus pounced at Torlon, landing just a few feet in front of him. Quickly, Magus jumped forward and picked Torlon up by his neck. He reached into Torlon’s belt and grabbed one of his own knives. He held it against his opponent’s neck.

Torlon struggled, knowing fully that he still had werewolf inside of him, the silver knife would hurt him greatly. Torlon mustered up as much energy as he could as he brought his legs backward and shoved Magus away from him with his feet. Splashing about, Magus tumbled backwards to regain his balance. His body heaved in and out as he panted heavily. The knife dropped from the werewolf’s hand. Torlon’s arms would occasionally bulk out and grow furrier, but he would fight it off the instant it happened.
Magus knew he would have to distract Torlon long enough for the wolf part to take over. This time he wouldn’t be able to fight it off so easily. Torlon charged forward once again, he plowed into the werewolf, taking him into the ground.

SPLAAAASH!

Water erupted from the floor as the two fighters rolled around. Magus got to his feet and lifted Torlon up by the chest with both arms. Once Torlon was completely off of t
he ground, Magus hurled him away from the raised platform, and towards the waterfall. Torlon almost fell into the hole that they had entered the tunnel in, he quickly stood up. He felt the werewolf taking over his body again. He struggled to retain his humanity. He grunted and flailed about some more. Magus slowly walked towards the waterfall. He was tired of trying to bring out the werewolf. He was ready for the kill, werewolf or not.

Torlon clutched his head, screaming. His heart began to beat faster. The sound of the area around him was feinting. Pure hate engulfed his body as his eyes locked onto the werewolf. Magus emitted a growl and prepared to unleash whatever skills he had necessary to end this fight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom