Today's news update

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
oh boy, im so damn sick of all you peoples who just moan about esf 1.2 and such. its pointless anyways. we just dont spend attention anymore to those of you who just complain without any decent cretique or suggestions how to improve the mod. we know we're good and we dont need those annoying fanboys.
you wanna know how esf really works? allright then ...
we (the team) are looking at suggestions about gameplay and such, if we like them, we discuss it. if not, we dont care about them. we are the team, we decide how esf is going to work. so why am i telling this? realize the fact that we actually made a good mod, no matter if you personally like it or not. if you dont belive me, then why are we one of the most played not-licensed-by-valve mods on steam? cause we made a crappy mod? yeah sure...
and that proves that we're FAR away from beeing dead.
for real, the only thing i have to tell you moaning guys out there is, go play something else if you dont like our mod. or go make your own clone or whatever. you'll fail anyways cause you dont have a damn clue how hard it actually is to create such an extensive mod.

last but not least, its not up to you if we change stuff on adv melee in 1.3 or not. its our mod and we do what we want with it and noone has the right to tell us how we should do our business. hell we could even simply shut down the development of esf and there is absolutely nothing you can do about it. its our spare time after all so stfu.
now did that make u feel cool? No one cares about you anyway so i'm just going to ignore ur reply. I'm telling you esf team, if you want your game to last u gotta focuse on gameplay. The only reason i come back sometimes is cause i care about this mod, mabye i shouldn't started flaming but it's just these forum geeks who think they know something about the game pisses me of. Over and out.
p.s we already gave suggestions for a better melee system, go look at carnages thread, ten times better melee system then halorins but it completely got ignored.

Best answers
TimastaR0X said:
p.s we already gave suggestions for a better melee system, go look at carnages thread, ten times better melee system then halorins but it completely got ignored.
I'm going to take the time to fix you up here.

I never had any 'original' idea in my ESF career. For those of you who don't remember, the ESF Team introduced the advanced melee system, and I gave my take on what would make it better than how they had originally described it. From that point, my advice was taken into consideration and I became a beta tester. I've just given my spin on ideas presented to me. So don't think DDR was my idea, because it in no way was.

EDIT:

For the record, the only thing that I feel I can take claim for was to keep knockbacks in 1.2. Originally, Joe had planned to take the swooping knockbacks out entirely. I pitched to keep them in and to have them not knock back as far. Imagine how ESF would have been without those.

Best answers
DarktoothDKD said:
Joe will only tweak something if its realy worth the while. If something is pointless and not needed.. he wont do it. I found that out myself many times :D

The adv melee is faster because the animations are a lot quicker than before. Before you had to wait till the animations were done before the next attack or set of directions could be charged. But since the animations are faster.. both players are pressing directions a lot quicker than before.

One thing Ive been thinking about is.. normally when you hold left/right click after you are hit, it is then your turn to fight back. If you dont hold a click.. you two are blown apart ending adv melee. What if the person who either loses adv melee or doesnt hold a click is beamed away by the attacker/winner? So while playing adv melee.. you better try hard or your gonna get beamed away a lose a lot of damage? how does that sound for a SIMPLE idea.

For Joe... a simple idea in Adv Melee might be worth while :D
Well that sounds "kind of ok", but Joe doesn't really want to do anything since now hes working on mechmod. He already said he doesn't care about ESF anymore. Has anyone seened my thread that got me banned for 2 weeks? Did anyone actually read it. Backing him up, and then trying to change his words believing in something that doesn't exist.

"Joe is changing things"
No he is not

*points to mechmod's website*

Best answers
I dont get u dj-ready... what exactly is the point of saying "its our mod so we can do whatever the hell we like" , does that make u feel like a man or something?
why do u get so defensive as soon as u recieve critics, people that talk **** about the mod, screwe them indeed they dont have to play, but everything I said was just to help and to try to realize whats going on, no need to get pissed of...
also i think its only fair that even if u dont like a suggestion u can at least reply and say that u dont like it, ignoring someone is really lame and then after it u are surprised some members are angry and talk **** about the mod, cause when they wanna help they get ignored but only when they flame and talk **** then they get a reply :(

Everyone's Favorite Weirdo :D
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well.. Actually joe has been working his ass on the fx system. He posted a lot of pictures in the Force Pit recently so theres a lot more things going on back here than you think. The main reason we cant show you stuff is because our site isnt fully up and running yet. I dont know why though. BTW.. if there is something you guys can say that will actually help the game. Instead of saying you did this wrong.. this is why people dont like this mod. Why not try.. what if we changed this to this and see if thatll imrpove. Because coming up with totally new systems for the game can be worthless especially if we dont like them. When you create systems for an online only mod.. you have to take into consideration the lag.. Thats why our adv melee system is probably the best right now because no matter your ping.. it is still playable.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This is actually the first thread complaining in a long while. Most of the threads during the past couple of months have been praising you guys.

As for me complaining, i'm only complaining because a) I'm mad that 1.2 ruined the game and b) I want the game to get better... Most of the people that suck up to you guys, they're mostly the ones that don't give a **** about the game, they just don't want to piss you guys off... i will admit i was being a bit of a prick though. sorry about that.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
dixing said:
I dont get u dj-ready... what exactly is the point of saying "its our mod so we can do whatever the hell we like" , does that make u feel like a man or something?
why do u get so defensive as soon as u recieve critics, people that talk **** about the mod, screwe them indeed they dont have to play, but everything I said was just to help and to try to realize whats going on, no need to get pissed of...
also i think its only fair that even if u dont like a suggestion u can at least reply and say that u dont like it, ignoring someone is really lame and then after it u are surprised some members are angry and talk **** about the mod, cause when they wanna help they get ignored but only when they flame and talk **** then they get a reply :(
A critic isn't "omg esf sucks I hate you guys 1.2 sucks I have down's syndrome :(" like most of the "critics" towards the team. Maybe if people actually put some thought into it before going into little pissy fits to the team because the mod isn't coming out the way they want it, the team might actually show a better side to the community.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
We've done that before. Carnage made a huge thread about improving the game and nothing has came out of that. I made a couple of threads about very reasonable ways to get rid of the teleport delay or how to improve the teleport delay. Nothing has come out of that. Hell.. nothing has come out of little suggestions that would be easy as hell to do, but improve the game a lot... like adding a transform cvar (turning it on, no one can transform).

Best answers
Warn yourself for doubleposting.
Forum confused my tiny brain, I hate you :p ~Magus <3

But yea we have suggested, and suggested and even little ****. Its not like you can't make a small patch hell you have been making small patches that still don't change ****. Like the Kiblob bug, or the Piccolo Scattershot error that his Blasts blow up in mid air without hitting anything, but Yea we really haven't been suggesting anything have we?

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Or the huge bugs that people abuse the hell out of... like for example the extra hit with a throw or the instant block hit.

Best answers
Magus said:
A critic isn't "omg esf sucks I hate you guys 1.2 sucks I have down's syndrome :(" like most of the "critics" towards the team. Maybe if people actually put some thought into it before going into little pissy fits to the team because the mod isn't coming out the way they want it, the team might actually show a better side to the community.

For what it's worth, the team is making a game about a cartoon watched by kids. Surely they couldn't have expected Harvard scholars to be in here debating the ethics of game mechanics and fair play.

Best answers
em... I think if the ESF team just change some basics of the melee system it will be way better... It don´t really need complicated additional stuff.
My opinions are:
1. The teleport is too slow. It should be faster ( I know the reason why you made it slower, but I still think it would make the game cooler and faster if the teleport is faster)
2. You should be able to swoop more than 1 time in a direction without stop swooping. Swooping forward and than left and then again forward and then right and so on to get a smooth and fast moving isn´t very cool. It´s much nicer if you can also swoop forward and then again forward without stopping.
3. Turbo should make u faster than it does right now.
4. KI attacks should move faster, but should need a little bit more time to charge.
5. Vegetas KI blast which you can charge should throw more balls or be faster.
6. The throwing shouldn´t take that much time until you throw the opponent. The whole thing should take less time.
7. The biggest problem is that if you transform, the game is almost not playable. It´s way too hard to hit the opponent. The speed isn´t really thaaaaaaaat high, but it´s still to hard to hit the opponent. I don´t know how this could be fixed. The problem is that the attacking player is too slow to hit the defending player (I don´t want to say that SSJ is too slow, I just want to say that if 2 very fast characters are fighting each other, the attacking player will be still too slow to hit the defending player because of the high speed). It´s a little bit hard to explain. But I think if teleport is faster, this problem wouldn´t be that big.

The basic things makes the gameplay and not the confusing complicated ones. A big choice of moves don´t really make the gameplay it just gives it a more realistic feeling and makes styles unique, but the basics are still the most important things for a good gameplay.
I hope you agree with me :).

(btw, to fix the things i mentioned shouldn´t be a big effort)

And I think that cool animations, transformations, models, maps, sounds, gfx´es and stuff like that gives the game much more realism than this confusing complicated melee wishes.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sub said:
As for me complaining, i'm only complaining because a) I'm mad that 1.2 ruined the game and b) I want the game to get better... Most of the people that suck up to you guys, they're mostly the ones that don't give a **** about the game, they just don't want to piss you guys off... i will admit i was being a bit of a prick though. sorry about that.

Im not picking on you here but this is an example, it is your opinion that the game has been ruined, and thats your right so you can say what you think but saying people that dont agree dont care is narrow minded. I care a lot, but i think the only thing i can do is shoot out my suggestions, its up to the team to decide from there on. Its their work, their project, and how it works is how they want to work. Their is no need to complain because whether you make a good suggestion or not, *****ing and moaning about how right you are doesnt count for ****, its up to them, arguing is illogical and stupid. If they changed the game to how you want, dont you think at least a little it makes the game to your preference? they have to consider all the audience, from newbs to pro's. You are just one person, everybody has their opinion you cant dismiss somebody's because you say its wrong, you have to take all ideas into account, and then decide the best way to deal with it. I bet you for every idea you give somebody will object, or dislike it, its the way of the world, so they choose to please the majority, and at the same time, do it for their own enjoyment so they can be pleased with their creation. If you created something there was demand for you'd understand, because not only do you have to be commited, you have to deal with the pressure, and then people say its not good enough instead of you providing them with advice, and think their opinion is somehow right for everyone and demand and ***** about including their ideas.

I dunno man, i cudda wrote more but im kinda drunk, so chill out people, the mod seems to be going fine, and i trust that 1.3 will provide everybody with something to keep them satisfied. Whether you like it or nots up to you =\

Best answers
I still think Dixing idea is top tier, it might be just all eye candy but it's really good "eye candy" and I don't think it would take much coding. The animations, the knockback/push code, the teleport is already there, it would just be put in advance melee.

Well here is a shortened outline of his idea and stuff I added.

(Adv. Melee)
1. Add a push/knockback to medium/hard DDR hits, small ones stay like they are now.

2. Add autoteleport or autoswoop for the attacker that is still continuing his sequence on the push/knockback player. (example: p1 hits p2 with a hard random kick up, p1 then autoteleport instantly up behind p2 and hits p2 back down (p1's sequence was a Hard hit up DDR/then Hard hit down DDR)

3. The DDR speed stays the same (or faster), but the push/knockback and teleport animations are fast to keep up with the sequence.

4. If the knockback/push sends a player flying into a wall (or even another player), you could either have the sequence completely end like it does now, or you could make them bounce hard of the wall and the attacker continues the sequence.. (The first one sounds fair and easier to add, but the second is more dynamic...You decide....)

5. The dodging is the same as now with DDR, but after they are pushed they just recover and normally dodge the next attack... (Its all really fast looking)

There might be some stuff I forgot that could be added or changed but, Its basically the same thing as now just with more flavor and style, and it looks more dbz like.

P.S.Some of the other people in this and other threads have some good ideas also, which are simple little things that would improve the game tremendously.

Everyone's Favorite Weirdo :D
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thanks DavidSkiwan. You have said something that we should have said a long time ago. It is true that we can make changes to this persons liking.. but what about the other 20 people who dont like it? If you feel that a persons idea is good, thats your opinion, but there are a lot of other factors that play into an ONLINE ONLY game.

Joe attempted to make it so that in adv melee you dont just stand there but have the ability to move around and that didnt work out to well. There are a lot of good ideas I must admit, I have read quite a few of them. But just because they're good, do we HAVE to make them? not exactly. We could borrow a few ideas and everything after that is a possibility.

The team could take into consideration other possibilities for gameplay and what not, but we try to balance things. Like for some.. they want a faster teleport, but if you have forgotten or dont know.. do you remember the instant teleport knock back attack? Where you teleport across the screen in less than a second and punch another player without them even having a chance to retaliate. Im sure they could have seen the teleport coming after them, but lag could also play a factor on why they couldnt defend. Theres so many factors for online games such as this we can only do so much. ESF is probably on mod that is a total change of the HL engine. Guns and what not are easy to do but flying around at intense speeds with 5 different systems to keep balance is rather difficult.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
these are good suggestions in a way , but if u read around the forums a while back , u would have known that the thing u suggestwed for the genu force (can't rember the spelling) was suggested sa multi form for tien ,

now u mite have to unconsider me a n00b:p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh man.. Advanced melee will actually be cool? If Vegeta gets an unique fighting style, I know it's just gonna be charge, send fifty punches and slam a solid energyball in his victims face! :O!

Great suggestions..

Best answers
I believe that the 1.3 release will be the biggest release in the late beta and it will also be the LAST version of ESF =/. Many things in it is most satisficing. For example, all new animated aura, tweaks to the adv-melee, all transformations, new characters. I also hope that all the beams will get bigger.

So why not just sit back and wait for the release instead of complaining. Forget about the suggestions section. It is hopeless. I have seen many suggestions with lots of comments in it by the community and not even one mod is looking into it.

Best answers
We all "1.1 rocks" figures do appreciate the teams work, if we didn't do you really think we'd stay behind in here? naw. Not to be offending in any way, but 1.2 is a tiny midget compared to 1.1, whether you like it or not, sure i can come out with a few wrongs here and there at 1.1, infact i know loads of them, but most things in that version was so, gold. Now, Putting the best out of 1.1+1.2 into 1.3 would be something big (depending on how much you actually bothered to implement), atm you've totally put 1.1 behind you not taking anything from it along the way, which is rather boring.

I'd also like to mention something from 1.1 that i really fell for, the smoothness: For an example, In 1.1 i'm swooping towards someone and i let go of the fly button plus swoop and that makes me flying slowly to the ground, before i reach the ground i press F as in fly, it slowly stops the flight smoothly, when you do this today you get an instant stop. This is what i mean by adding the best out of 1.1 and 1.2 onto 1.3. I can't mention any useful thing from 1.2 except possibly the 6/5 way swoop which i'm still a bit sceptical about, but i'm sure you can come up with something. I'll never stop saying 1.1 owned, cause that'd be like living in a lie, i just can't bother to chit-chat about it anymore, team focuses on new stuff obviously so i mainly want a peice of the very good back in the new.

If you see this as a flame, you obviously haven't been reading what i just said.

Best answers
Funny, someone mentions "omg 1.2 sux" and at least 10 more people join in. Touchy subject eeh?

I can understand the team's view on this, the more you *****, the more you'll be ignored but the fact that they deny 1.1's existence is a bit excessive. Alot of people and I mean about 80% of all esf players (excluding starters) probably thought at least 1 time that 1.2 got 'boring'. Now, don't get me wrong, we all take our breaks and even 1.1 got boring to me once in a while but a couple of weeks off were enough to get back to me again.

Thing is, the moment 1.2 was released, comments were posted, suggestions were given but I don't recall any team members caring for that. The fact that they were ignored did not make alot of people happy and the moment they started criticizing 1.2 again they were stomped into the ground and marked as 1.2-haters. Some of us really did cross the line and behaved like buttholes but some of us actually attempted to convince everybody with valid reasons, but again the same answer:

"If you don't like it, don't play it"

People who keep saying that are either dumb or afraid of changes themselves. I believe they are so afraid of parts of 1.1 being reimplented that they will do or say anthing that will make us look like 1.1 fanboys.

We are not afraid of changes, we just want back the things we enjoyed ourselves with.... If you don't respect that, don't expect us to respect your oppinion either and that's something people here tend to forget.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom