Today's news update

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I must say I'm glad to hear that advanced melee is going to have more eye candy as well as unique styles for every character, like 18 wrapping her legs around the opponent (sexy :shocked: ME NEXT, 18!) and bashes their face in like the quote said.

Its good to know 1.3 will be more than just new characters, attacks, and transformations. I'm glad to see this is coming along smoothly (I think) and that you, young staff, are putting in that little extra bit of effort. Its not easy to take the half-life engine and make it into something even better. Its usually worse or equal...yet you are somehow pulling it off. So I am looking more forward to this. Makes me wish I was a part of development.

Anyway, I have a few suggestions for the unique adv. melee sessions for the characters, like 18's sexy wrap-legs-around-you-and-punch-you thing.

Goku - I think Goku should have a mix of quick punches and kicks and elbow attacks. Kind of your basic thing. Maybe add in an instant transmission warp behind the opponent and deliver a blow.

Vegeta - I think, seeing as he's vegeta, he should be more agressive...so maybe a hard punch and elbow assault to the face? Then maybe a charged ki punch to the face...or shoving a generic ball in their face or something similar.

Frieza - Something more unique...how about he uses his tail? Wrap the tail around and punch them in the back..like what he did to Vegeta. Or perhaps substitute the punches for a laser in the back.

Krillin - For some reason I see him jumping up and doing a jackhammer kicking assault on the opponent's chest.

Trunks - Sword. Nuff said >.>

Gohan - Hmmm...maybe juggling the opponent with kicks? I dunno. Gohan is complicated to give him anything unique fighting-wise :\

Captin Ginyu - Maybe in response to the buddy system, he and the rest of the Ginyu force can surround the opponent and start beating him up....or at least have Ginyu and his current partner do it.

Cell - Maybe this is a chance for cell to use his tail in a drain-like way. Since cell has no unique moves of his own, this could be his chance to be different. He can grab the opponent, stick his tail in them, and start draining their Ki and HP while his own Ki and PL raises. PL would raise according to normal pre-punching of course, but his Ki guage would fill up a bit so he can adv. melee longer or have a better chance at throwing. Perfect Cell however...since he has no tail...sort of...can do something like Goku. Punch and kick assault with an instant transmission thrown in.

Piccolo - Maybe you could make him attack like in Budokai 3 with his stretching ability. He could smack them around that way.

Buu - Bodypart can be used in a different way. Like what he did to Vegeta. Wrap the opponent in the body part goo and beat them in the face.

Anyway, these are just my own suggestions. But the point is, I like where 1.3 is going. Keep up the good work guys.

Best answers
Well Kagato , allow me to tell you. WRONG SECTION BUDDY. And good luck with those suggestions.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
ryu, if u don't have anything usefull to say don't post kthx. imo it's all good as... but this advanced melee crap is nothing without gameplay.. gameplay first then eyecandy

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
How is it the wrong section? He's chatting about ESF in ESF Chat, we always talk about newsposts here.

EDIT:

Mastasurf said:
Instead of just sitting there while players input their advanced melee attacks the characters now move around and take turns punching each other in a very DBZish manner.
I knew this sounded familiar, second suggestion ever! o/

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Master Ryu said:
Well Kagato , allow me to tell you. WRONG SECTION BUDDY. And good luck with those suggestions.
Ravendust said:
How is it the wrong section? He's chatting about ESF in ESF Chat, we always talk about newsposts here.
Indeed. We do allow suggestions to be posted in the ESF Chat sections, because users aren't technically in the wrong to do so. We do prefer that these posts stay in suggestions though.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Vegeta - I think, seeing as he's vegeta, he should be more agressive...so maybe a hard punch and elbow assault to the face? Then maybe a charged ki punch to the face...or shoving a generic ball in their face or something similar.

Sounds like Vegeta to me. :D

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
On the topic of the new news post. . .

DT uses speed hacks and skill hacks, his animations just wtfpwn everyone elses'. Wait and see, Beta 1.3 will be a new breed of ESF in every way.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This is good news I guess. I hope you guys do more to advanced melee then just change the animations though =/ (not that they needed changing, they were already great)

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What does the news auctally mean? Like when when no body is fighitng they will each be beating the crap out of each other when the next attack que is happening.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
They'll be hitting and dodging automatically but no damage will be incurred.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If that is well done, it will look incredible. Make the melee feel faster, more intense.

Old School
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
And people say their suggestions dont get in.:) Ive seen this mentioned numerous times and now its becoming a reality.
Cant wait to see it in action. =]

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well damn! The term "advanced melee" seems like it will have a new turn in 1.3.

But once 1.3 is well known and out, i wonder how the relationship of players between 1.1,1.2, and 1.3 (i.e 1.1 players were real!!1!, 1.2 is a n00b breeding ground!)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Meh, 1.1'ers were used to the melee speed and knockback and stuff, and afraid of the changes of 1.2 seeing as it didn't allow their style of play, hopefully 1.3 will bring everyone together by balancing the melee between the two, plus, everyone loves extra transformations!

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Cept for the poor piccolo players :(

But yeah, what i am interested in, is their take on to ssj2 goku and new weapons/melee styles.

Now if they wanted to be inhumanely cruel, they would release a video of ingae 1.3 play titled "it's done when it's done"

Best answers
TimastaR0X said:
ryu, if u don't have anything usefull to say don't post kthx. imo it's all good as... but this advanced melee crap is nothing without gameplay.. gameplay first then eyecandy
THATS WHAT IVE BEEN TRYING TO TELL EVERYONE!!! I think the melee should more advanced like a consol controller where this is punch and this is kick, but you choose what type of punch and kick you perform to make combos. Not just up arrow, left arrow, diagonal arrow, ect. and the blocking system should be like low, medium, and high block for more realism....with of course awsome animations to go along with it

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ravendust said:
Meh, 1.1'ers were used to the melee speed and knockback and stuff, and afraid of the changes of 1.2 seeing as it didn't allow their style of play, hopefully 1.3 will bring everyone together by balancing the melee between the two, plus, everyone loves extra transformations!
This is off topic, but I just want to say that that's not true at all. It's not that 1.1'ers were afraid of change or that 1.2 ruined peoples strategy. People keep saying this and fail to realize that it's because 1.2 made the game too easy and slowed down the game.. thats why we like 1.1 better. You have to face the fact that most people that were good in 1.1 own easily in 1.2. Look at the people who are skilled right now, most likely they'll be from 1.1, and most likely they'll like 1.1 better =/. And hey, again, it's not that the game became to hard to adjust or whatever, it's that it became to easy and less fun =/

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sub said:
This is off topic, but I just want to say that that's not true at all. It's not that 1.1'ers were afraid of change or that 1.2 ruined peoples strategy. People keep saying this and fail to realize that it's because 1.2 made the game too easy and slowed down the game.. thats why we like 1.1 better. You have to face the fact that most people that were good in 1.1 own easily in 1.2. Look at the people who are skilled right now, most likely they'll be from 1.1, and most likely they'll like 1.1 better =/. And hey, again, it's not that the game became to hard to adjust or whatever, it's that it became to easy and less fun =/
I think you just contradicted yourself in that post. Let me translate it to the best of my ability. (tell me if I am wrong)

You say that the majority of 1.1 players left cause they were wuses and were afraid of the "new". Then again not to say that 1.1 players can beat the **** outta 1.2 players, but the skill has increased in 1.2 players. So if a 1.1 player from then magically teleported to this time, he might not do good aginst a 1.2 player useing 1.1 styles.

There you go, shortenes what he said in a smaller style.

On topic:
I would say that it seems like a nice idea, players keep throwing punches rapidly in DBZ style and if they do a HARD HIT they will hit them back and then swoop after them and continue hitting him if they qued up more attacks.
There for showing action in each of the moves instead of staying still. This will show all the action that should be shown in this game all along.

Best answers
Excuse my logic, but how is it even possible for a multiplayer action game to be "too easy"? Your opponents have all the same opportunities as you do, and unless ALL the competition playing 1.2 is somehow worse than those playing 1.1, I fail to see what you mean. I think 1.1 players are just pissed that they can get hit in adv. melee occasionally regardless of how skilled they are; I think it's a lot more challenging to have that in the game, rather than allow people who spend all their time playing the game to just pwn everyone constantly. You will almost never find a single player totally dominating a 1.2 server (a possible exception being someone beam-spamming as Goku using charge-teleport), and that's a good thing.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
KilledWithStyle said:
I think you just contradicted yourself in that post. Let me translate it to the best of my ability. (tell me if I am wrong)

You say that the majority of 1.1 players left cause they were wuses and were afraid of the "new". Then again not to say that 1.1 players can beat the **** outta 1.2 players, but the skill has increased in 1.2 players. So if a 1.1 player from then magically teleported to this time, he might not do good aginst a 1.2 player useing 1.1 styles.

no, hes saying that 1.2 lost a majority of players because the 1.2 was easier then 1.1 (in his opinion) and then hes saying that 1.1 players can beat the new 1.2 players hand down. hes not contradicting himself just stating that most of the previous 1.1 players have less fun beating everyone, so they left.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom