Today I found out something about esf period.

Best answers
1.1 and 1.0 were 1337 friendly
People who want fast things well of course requires better reflexes, and better skill.

1.2 is n00b friendly. Therefore I won't be playing this ever again.
People who want slow ****, and have no reflexes to easily do things want easier things.

1.2 = Version for the LD
1.1 = Version for the people in the Honor's classes

Best answers
correction, 1.1 was very exploitable while 1.2 is much more balanced.

Best answers
State exploits. instead of just stating it was exploitable. Im guessing your just going by Saiyan pride bum rushing threads like this with THEY HAD EXPlOITS BECAUSE WHEN U BEAT ME ITS AN EXPLOIT!

Best answers
Not to be rude, but...
If you do not like 1.2 do not play it.
No need for you to come on here and proclaim your hate for it.
Just quit playing, don't tell us all.
Cause in all honesty, I don't think anyone would care if you quit playing.
I really dislike it when people come onto forums and complain about a new update.
And then say they quit.
Cause no one really cares.
Again, I'm not trying to be rude.
Just telling you like it is.

And I will agree with you on some points of the game.
But 1.2 is much more balanced.

Best answers
Thats why i quit playing 1.2 duh its not going to change so i stop playing it, or i play with people who are smart. (people who play 1.1) Also please tell me how much more balanced it is because noobs can have a chance now? to people who play the game and TRY to get great at it still can get touched.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
it is in every game, if you want a game where you are invincible go download duke nukem 3d and typ idkfa or something like that

Best answers
SSJ Shin Carl said:
Thats why i quit playing 1.2 duh its not going to change so i stop playing it, or i play with people who are smart. (people who play 1.1) Also please tell me how much more balanced it is because noobs can have a chance now? to people who play the game and TRY to get great at it still can get touched.

1.2 != 1.1. Cry for me. Cry me an entire river. It's really pointless to come on here and make these kinds of threads, because I don't remember anyone asking for your opinion. 1.2 is different. The playstyle is different. If you feel like you can get 'touched' by noobs, then that's your own damn fault because no matter how 'noob-oriented' you feel the game is, someone still has to swoop at you and hit you, just like 1.1. Do you even understand this concept? If someone hit you in 1.1, someone hit you. It's the same principle in 1.2, with different methods of attack.

If you're so adamantly quitting 1.2, don't play the high-speed patch because you'd be making yourself look like a complete hypocrite. You and those six other people who are either a) too lazy to adapt to new strategies or b) too attached to your exploits continue to play an outdated version with less features.

I guess this means you won't be playing 1.3 or beyond either, because it'll be using the same advanced melee system, with some tweaks here or there. Everytime I see you in a server past 1.1, I'm going to make you remember this.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
State exploits. instead of just stating it was exploitable. Im guessing your just going by Saiyan pride bum rushing threads like this with THEY HAD EXPlOITS BECAUSE WHEN U BEAT ME ITS AN EXPLOIT!
That was utterly uncalled for. I wasn't even in here, and barely spoke in the other thread...

In 1.1...the entire melee system was fought by exploiting the mathematics of the hits. Full ki = guaranteed hit. All you had to do was run into the guy after he started moving and you won every time.

I still don't get it. They take away all of the retarded exploits, and people start complaining...but yet, can't seem to realize that they are complaining literally that their exploitive style of play is not as effective anymore.

If you can't get away from a beam, then you have bigger issues then the melee problems you complain about.

1.1 didn't require any kind of skill or thought; it was whoever slutted off their charge the most. Say what you will, but that was the bottom line. Every hit you made in 1.1 had to by nature be, on some level, a HOW/LSM.

They give us all these new options, and it's not even like they took away the old ones, but yet you're all bent about it. Besides...the game speed can probably increased. Why don't you just buy an extra computer and run a dedicated steam server with sped up settings and mp_simplemelee 1, and leave the forum (and me personally) alone for a change?

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SSJ Shin Carl said:
You are really making some borderline statements. The way I see it, you are implying that you think everyone who plays 1.2 regularly is an "idiot", since only smart people play 1.1.

If that's what you are trying to imply, I think I need to have a word with you about flaming and showing respect to other users.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SSJ Shin Carl said:
(people who play 1.1)
You mean people who cheat?

There were tons of old exploits. The game felt nothing like DBZ . . . swoop, teleport, swoop, recharge ki.

Let's look at our ugly exploits then?

Last Second Melee: Attacking at the last second garaunteed a win in a head on colision. This is not "tactics", it's exploiting the fact that the person with more ki wins the head on.

No Teleport Delay: People would bind Teleport to mousewheel and fly across the board.

WON: Crash Scripts

CTDB Camping: 3 Hours of wishing your PL up and waiting for noobs

There were others, but I'll let people who bothered to trudge through 1.1 tell you.

1.1 was a placeholder for 1.2, and 1.1 was boring repetitive garbage.

The Prodigy
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
SaiyanPrideXIX said:
That was utterly uncalled for. I wasn't even in here, and barely spoke in the other thread...

In 1.1...the entire melee system was fought by exploiting the mathematics of the hits. Full ki = guaranteed hit. All you had to do was run into the guy after he started moving and you won every time.

I still don't get it. They take away all of the retarded exploits, and people start complaining...but yet, can't seem to realize that they are complaining literally that their exploitive style of play is not as effective anymore.

If you can't get away from a beam, then you have bigger issues then the melee problems you complain about.

1.1 didn't require any kind of skill or thought; it was whoever slutted off their charge the most. Say what you will, but that was the bottom line. Every hit you made in 1.1 had to by nature be, on some level, a HOW/LSM.

They give us all these new options, and it's not even like they took away the old ones, but yet you're all bent about it. Besides...the game speed can probably increased. Why don't you just buy an extra computer and run a dedicated steam server with sped up settings and mp_simplemelee 1, and leave the forum (and me personally) alone for a change?

actually the Ki bar thingy required lots of concentration and stuff to try to make the other person move first, ive been playing 1.2 for awhile i like it, but i still say 1.1 made my wrist more sore and my head hurt more from focussing and stuff.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
(Not everyone abused the ki system >_>)

Meh, snow, stop whining. 1.2 is better.

Best answers
Halorin said:
1.2 != 1.1. Cry for me. Cry me an entire river. It's really pointless to come on here and make these kinds of threads, because I don't remember anyone asking for your opinion. 1.2 is different. The playstyle is different. If you feel like you can get 'touched' by noobs, then that's your own damn fault because no matter how 'noob-oriented' you feel the game is, someone still has to swoop at you and hit you, just like 1.1. Do you even understand this concept? If someone hit you in 1.1, someone hit you. It's the same principle in 1.2, with different methods of attack.

If you're so adamantly quitting 1.2, don't play the high-speed patch because you'd be making yourself look like a complete hypocrite. You and those six other people who are either a) too lazy to adapt to new strategies or b) too attached to your exploits continue to play an outdated version with less features.

I guess this means you won't be playing 1.3 or beyond either, because it'll be using the same advanced melee system, with some tweaks here or there. Everytime I see you in a server past 1.1, I'm going to make you remember this.
What will you do Halorin just talk out of your ass while I not listen?

Anyway if the game ever becomes in some way or form FUN ill be back playing in a server. This 1.2.1 is supposed to bring SUPER FAST FAST BACK INTO 1.1 MELEE! =\ Everyone said the exact same thing for 1.2 it brought more complaining this time from people who were good at the game instead of noobs. Of course people like Halorin who basically wrote the entire system (yes kind of messed it up for everyone) would be pissed. Can't be mad at the team though it "did" look good the way it was wrote, but in the end it made the game less skillful, and stiffer then ever. Every movement I see in 1.2 is stiff from double tap swooping to adv melee. Sure you say the fast adv melee setting will improve gameplay well sorry to burst your bubble I played with the cvars on it was only fun for what 30 mins.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SSJ Shin Carl said:
You've got one more chance. That disrespect was significantly more blatant. If I see this again in here, this thread is going to hell, and you're getting a warning. Smarten up. You can say what you must without the disrespect.

And Halorin, you don't need to provoke anyone. You can also make your point without calling down others.

The Prodigy
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
i dont like adv melee too DDR'ish

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i'm not taking anyones side,,,but personally i think esf 1.2 is better than 1.1, dont you remember you getting pissed off because experts at esf kept killing you and you wonder why how they did it,,,dont you remember when ALL OF US at one time was rubbish at esf,,,

1.2 is just to balance out the melee so it is fair,
sure there are things i do not agree on but its only fair...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SSJ Shin Carl said:

Anyway if the game ever becomes in some way or form FUN ill be back playing in a server. This 1.2.1 is supposed to bring SUPER FAST FAST BACK INTO 1.1 MELEE! =\ Everyone said the exact same thing for 1.2 it brought more complaining this time from people who were good at the game instead of noobs. Of course people like Halorin who basically wrote the entire system (yes kind of messed it up for everyone) would be pissed. Can't be mad at the team though it "did" look good the way it was wrote, but in the end it made the game less skillful, and stiffer then ever. Every movement I see in 1.2 is stiff from double tap swooping to adv melee. Sure you say the fast adv melee setting will improve gameplay well sorry to burst your bubble I played with the cvars on it was only fun for what 30 mins.
Then do what they've all been saying.

Goto the Suggestions forum and post what you think should be improved.

Best answers
Smith| said:
Then do what they've all been saying.

Goto the Suggestions forum and post what you think should be improved.
All they do is shut you down or not listen at all I think suggestion should be called the ignore

Jayster said:
i'm not taking anyones side,,,but personally i think esf 1.2 is better than 1.1, dont you remember you getting pissed off because experts at esf kept killing you and you wonder why how they did it,,,dont you remember when ALL OF US at one time was rubbish at esf,,,

1.2 is just to balance out the melee so it is fair,
sure there are things i do not agree on but its only fair...
Thats what is so bad about 1.2 its as easy to play as a random beat em up game with horrible controls.

When I was a noob in 1.1 I loved 1.1 because i knew at some point and time I could get to that point and be able to pwn people easily like that. I reached that point and was happy about it.

Old School
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I doubt he will stop playing 1.2 anyhow.
And just because they dont respont do the hundreds of threads in the suggestions, doesnt mean theyre ignoring them. Alot of the ideas have been said dozeons of times and yes, will be ignored. There are reasons why they dont implement some of the stuff ya know. Youre just too blind to see them.

Best answers
1.1 sucks because it was wayyy to easy 1.2 takes a little more skill then that and if u dont like 1.2 unstall it D:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom