Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tien and #18

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sonic Boyster said:
Well if you want to go "story" wise, without Tien Cell and Buu never would have been destroyed because nobody else was capable of holding off Cell's second form at the time that he did it or saving Satan from Buu. He also was a major player in the battle against Nappa saving time for Goku. What did Ginyu ever do for the story? Ginyu A.) Had no trans, B.) Had no major role in the story.

Tien was a more powerful and more useful character than Krillin on the show and Krillin is in. Just because Funi edited most of Tien out of the series, and he didn't get a lot of air time anyway, doesn't mean he wasn't an important character.

I think you mistook what i was trying to say, i was saying that tien isnt really a character that fought a lot in dbz, not only that but he is weak and thus doesnt compete with more of the other characters from dbz, he isnt really on their level, and after the saiyan saga he never was really again. Im not saying he didnt have any envolvement in dbz im saying in comparison to other characters that could be added he doesnt have the appeal unlike the characters used in esf at the moment, just look at krillin, he's not unbalanced, but i hardly see any1 play as him. where as ginyu would be a benificial character, but thats only due to my ideas about what he could do, i think his body swap would be his trans, but only able to use through melee prepunch and do a combo, hit transform for the end.... it swaps the players over, untill death. but yeah that idea's pretty crap .............. but yeah, i just dont think tien has much to offer......

Best answers
What do you mean "Tien doesn't have much to offer" o_O. There's a good load of moves trans and ideas Tien could have.
As for Krillin not being used much , that's just because it takes a while.
But when he does it takes him to his last transformation giving him good health and a speed above everyone else. (untill later transformations.)
So Tien would work something like that..

Anyway, is there no chance of the team modelling and animating Tien, or is it being left to the fan base to produce something to make entry?

Best answers
if they where how would they do his 3 forms technique thing? would it just be 3 models shooting a beam or bots that'll last for a few seconds? (which could be bad if many people where playing as him)

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Tien doesn't have much to offer - means just that, he's not really that great a character, personally, i would rather add an android, or sum1 from the namek saga, or dabura, just somebody that kept up with some of dbz and had a major part to play in the fighting. You see, i'd rather see 17 in esf, because his moves are almost the same as 18, it would be really easy to add the both, and that means 2 new characters for a start. 16 would be good as well, and Pikkon would also be someone interesting to play as. Maybe instead of adding ginyu to esf u could add the ginyu force, each transformation a different character...... but yeah..... tien isnt really as exciting or as interesting as the other possibilities, there are many more characters i'd rather see in.

Best answers
"tien isnt really as exciting or as interesting as the other possibilities"?

What are you talking about? Tri beam would be amazing in ESF! A killer area attack that has no physical shape to it - so you wouldnt be able to PS with it or block it like special beam cannon - and has amazing knockback force; and to keep it balanced, have it that he loses 10% of his life each time.
Also the whole concept of copying moves, his improved solar flare, and his 4 arm technique would make him completly stand out from all the other fighters in ESF. Not interesting :shocked: ?

Sure adding an andriod would be fine but the only good one to add would be #16 - "Hell's Flash" "Rocket Punch" "Laser Eye". #17 and #18 were annoying and the only good technique that they had was energy shield, which Gohan already has. Pikkon would also be nice to see in ESF.

The one person who should NEVER be in ESF is Captin Ginyu. He has one attack, Body Change. And like we have all said, this technique would either be too uber and be spammed OR too weak that its not even worth it.

Best answers
Tien has a good few unique attacks (which are all the characters need....some chars like vegeta dont have anything too unique...except for his rezoku) and a couple other normal attacks. Androids are great and all...but they didnt have too many unique attacks (though a 16 rocket fist would be nice). Pikkon basically had his tornado thing (how the heck could you impliment that? Itd just be weird) and his fire thunder attack thing (would look weird on the HL engine...fire effects arnt too great).

Frankly....I just want to use his Kikou ha...i think it would be an awesome,,unique attack that would open up some cool new strategies.

Best answers
I think the 4 arms technique should help him with the arrows (reducing them) and the Tri-beam should be a transformed state attack, that acts like.. a burning attack/invisible finishing buster. It would make them stunned (blind) and hit them with considerable force.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No more character suggestions. We're discussing Tien in here because harS said he's code him in if the community gave him the tools and the references.

Best answers
What is it we actually have left to include in this thread...?
I suggested all of Tien's possible transformations, gave a list of pictures how all of Tien's attacks work :p
What else is needed....

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
We need harSens to tell us what else we need to do. He's the one coding in the new characters.

Best answers
Well we need a good tien model....thats fully animated......and some references to his attacks and such.....

Soooo model anyone?? And anyone a top notch animator?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hey I have an idea for the multiform technique. Its hard but listen. You charge it and the longer u charge the more copies u get (Max 3 copies).
Then when u do an attack the copies also do it and they aim in the same direction. when one of the attacks hit all the other blow up.
If 1 of them gets hurt they all disappear. when u get in melee (basic or adv.) all the copies disappear. If 1 of the copies gets into melee u replace it then all the copies disappear. If one of the copies gets hurt by a blast/beam all the copies disappear and u take the damage.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So you're saying make it like the illusionary spell from Dungeons and Dragons. I'm not sure that's such a great idea... for now I think we can afford to just leave multiform out of the equation. If it's ever going to happen it'll most likely use some of Me's more sophisticated bots in a later version.

Best answers
Ive got a great idea for multiform, you start to charge it, and when you release it, it creates several decoys of you and teleports you into one of them, like these:
o o o o o T o o, o are the decoys, replicates of tien, that will fade away like a teleport in 2 or 4 seconds, plus, you are teleported to where one of the decoys is placed so you can dodge strong attaks and swoops, tien is represented by T

Best answers
i havent read everything in this thread:

Tien

attacks:
melee
kiblast
generic beam/ball
dodompa (simillair to burning attack but without beam trail)
Tri beam (instant charge strong beam but when fired you lose 15 health to avoid spamming)
solarflare

transformation:
power-up
trans at 1.500.000
pl x1.5
gain tri form (makes 2 other fake tiens when they attack a fake tien they go right thru it)
and thats it!(sorry for crappy english)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think it's a great idea! But not for multiform. Multiform is used for attacking not dodging.
Oh and btw sonic boyster the bots better be something special because putting bots in a server isnt so good.

Best answers
maybe make 2 fake tiens (bots) they follow you and attack surrounding people
(fake tiens last for 45 secs)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom