Tiberium Planet

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Should I remove the rings? They don't seem to fit in, and I was thinking about adding a blue moon, which is supposed to be composed of blue tiberium.

I'm working on the nebulae, by the way.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You don't have to remove the rings, just work on them a bit. Less colour, and it needs to be a little less... present. I think.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Personally, I liked it more without the ring.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Less optacity in nebulas..and try some photo filters..and you are done i think. :cool:
Also if u like to make it realistic. Try using blue ( or close to blue ) in the ring ( because green isn't that used in space :D ) ;)

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I got rid of the rings, they bothered me too much. Right now, I'm working on a moon, but it's not turning out too well. This is what I have so far:

I just made a copy of the planet, scaled it down, and made adjustments. It's just a placeholder for now until I can make a better looking moon. I'm also still working on the nebulae, as it's proving to be a pain.

Also, in case anyone missed the reason why the planet is green, and the moon is blue: Both are composed of Tiberium, the planet being composed of green Tiberium, and the moon being composed of blue Tiberium. Tiberium is the main resource in the game Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun. Tiberium is a crystal that absorbs nutrients from any object it comes in contanct with, and the more nutrients it is able to absorb, the more valuable it is. Blue Tiberium is the most valuable of the two, plus it's the most dangerous as it's highly volatile to any explosions.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think the moon might be a little too close to the planet, and, unless it's habitable, shouldn't really have an atmosphere.

It's coming out really well.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The moon looks much better, but it seems like a tiny gas planet (which is kinda not possible), so try to make it a little...more physical I guess?

You should also lower it a tad. It looks like it's revolving around the top half of the planet. The moon also might be a little big, but that's up to you.

The gaseous look applies to the planet as well.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Moon looks good
just do some filters in it so you can blent it with the rest universe.
Try lens blur in lighten..or eaven in multiply in low optacity ;)
Rest is nice

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I haven't used photo filters before, but this is what I got when I applied some to the planet and the moon:

As you can see, there is no nebulae, plus the moon, and the planet still look gaseous. I'm still working on it.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The moon looks a lot better, MC. Once you add the nebulas and make the moon and planet a little less gaseous, all you'll need to do is type "Planet Nixium" on the bottom.

For the Nix!

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
How's this?

Edit

I forgot to add that for the planet and the moon, I just made copies of them, added "Emboss", and just changed the "Blend Mode" of the copies to "Color Dodge".

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think I finally noticed what else was bothering me. There aren't any stars in front of the planet and moon. I think that's what makes it look off to me. It's like everything, every star, is behind both the planet and the moon.

I think.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
I think I finally noticed what else was bothering me. There aren't any stars in front of the planet and moon. I think that's what makes it look off to me. It's like everything, every star, is behind both the planet and the moon.

I think.
Hmmm i don't think that would be good
reasons are that since you see a planet from "close" you just can see any starts infront of you :)
But since this is artwork.. why don't you try it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah I know but the planets still look somewhat pasted on.. Anyway, it's worth a shot so why not? :)

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you view a pic of Earth from the moon, or from a satellite going out into the solar system, you're not going to see stars in front of it. Why? There is only one star in our Solar System: Sol. Solar Systems for the most part are either binary or have a single star.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't think I can make the moon or the planet look any less gaseous without having to redo both of them, and I forgot most of the things I did to make them look like that.

Anyway, the nebulae are becoming a real pain, so I might leave them out until I finally get them looking right or I'll just leave them out altogether.

Yeah I know but the planets still look somewhat pasted on..
I agree with you. Unfortunately, I'm not very good with Photoshop, plus this is my first actually artwork made with Photoshop (with the exception of my current signature and two other signatures).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom