Tiberium Planet

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally, I was trying to make the Earth, but it was too difficult, so I just went with the next best thing:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
star fields pretty basic but i like it. the rest is cool too. i remember doing these cool space scenes good fun.

you should look around on www.good-tutorials.com they have osme really awsome planet and starfield tutorials that you can pick up a few neat things to try on.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
I Like the green planet and its "aura"
i also like the lighting position..
But the stars...look bad..(if you want to make a real space resault try smaller stars..and with difrend sizes..and remove the "aura" in these stars).
Althought you could add something else on it..it looks kinda empty..
Rest is good :cool:

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
As said, fix the stars. You should probably add some nebulae and galaxies as well.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I made the planet more greener.
Changed the star field.
Tried fixing the lighting.

I'm going to work on adding more objects to liven up the scene a bit.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hmm, the stars still look a little bit pasted on though.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hmm, the stars still look a little bit pasted on though.
Eh, I used a tutorial for reference. It asked to make two layers, both with the noise filter, but one had more filters/adjustments than the other. I didn't follow the tutorial all the way through, so that might be why it doesn't look too good.

If I followed the tutorial, then the results would have been similar to this (taken from the tutorial site):

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The stars look too precise, too conformate, almost as if you made one section, and then just copied it and filled in the black. In the pic above, you'll notice organized chaos in the way the stars are presented. Clusters here, clusters there, a nebulae here, a super giant there.

Anyway, your stars don't look natural. The planet looks much better although the back should probably be darker, considering there isn't any light hitting it.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Added a few lens flares to imitate bright stars.
Made the second star layer visible (I forget to make it visible with the last picture).
Fixed the lighting on the planet.

I can't fade the inner/outer glow around the darker parts of the planet without messing up the picture.

I'm still working on the nebulae and other objects, but they are proving to be really problematic.

I saved the file as a 800 x 800 .png instead of a 600 x 600 .jpg since there was a noticeable loss in quality.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
MUCH better. That looks awesome, MC.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I was messing around with some things, and I came up with two variations of what I already have:

I just added a ring to this one. The blue is supposed to be blue tiberium:

I added a nebula overlay, plus it has the ring from the one above:

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Nice.
Just make sure the ring color matches planets a bit..( cause your colors are too much of random..) perhaps try giving it some photo filters...
and remove nebula in some parts...also..
i would put a star falling in there :p

Examples of nebulas :

And i edited your picture and here is what i got by a quick work in nebulas ( I'm sorry if you didn't wanted me to edit. )
one :

two :

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It shouldn't be... I don't know. I got nothing. ;(

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ah there we go. It's definately shaping up nicely, however! I think my main problem with it is, is that there's too much colour. Also, the nebulae, clouds, whatever, also seem a bit large given the canvas you're working with. Space.. should be just that; space. So in short.. I would suggest giving it a little less colour, and erase a part of the clouds.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The green everywhere ruined it for me. Arsen's second image is a perfect example of how nebulas should be handled in your pic. As X said, there really shouldn't be that much color in space, especially not uniformed like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom