Thread practicing #1- Religion

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Im actually amazed how similar your views are to mine Cuc.

With the difference that i dont really think that deeply about it ^^

I also dont believe in the God that sees all, knows all and is all. I think of God more as that voice in my head telling me not to steal and stuff like that. But in the end weather i listen to that voice or not is my own choice and God has nothing to do with it.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Im actually amazed how similar your views are to mine Cuc.

With the difference that i dont really think that deeply about it ^^

I also dont believe in the God that sees all, knows all and is all. I think of God more as that voice in my head telling me not to steal and stuff like that. But in the end weather i listen to that voice or not is my own choice and God has nothing to do with it.
Good to know I'm not the only one. I know of a few others like me, but many people go about it the wrong way or pay lip service. What you describe in that last paragraph is usually taught as the influence of the Holy Spirit, and it is the only part of the trinity that is actively interacting with mankind at the moment. Fire and Brimstone Father is busy running the universe, or doing whatever he does, Jesus is gone and slated to return. Taking time to understand why God created man according to scripture, including the apocrypha, helped me get a foothold on what I feel is the truth. I worked form there asking questions and finding the best answers I could find.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I figure if there is a god, he probably doesn't give a damn whether I worship him or not, and not is a lot less effort. If said god does care whether I worship him, then he's some kind of egotistical prick, and he can go **** himself with whatever divine instruments he keeps in his godly "toy chest". I'd rather go to hell and spend eternity with a vast variety of *******s than spend eternity with one ******* and the people who worship him.

You're right he has two whole races of sycophants and a race that fears him, he has no need of worshipers. He desires to be loved in return. What you do with that distinction in perspective is up to you. I'm not arguing against whatever it is that you barfed up on the screen :devsmile:

Also, not mad or offended this time, just stating my opinion.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I do enjoy the supernatural folklore in multiple religions. Genesis always is always interesting, and that includes the original telling, different interpretations, and parodies.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I like to think of that as common sense, personally.

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My mother, a Catholic, was horrified. Too bad, I've seen what her brainwash church creates. If you are looking for insight in what branch I follow you may be dissapointed to know that my relationship with god is more complex than a church membership.
Coming from a Catholic family, but not really being involved with Catholicism myself, I don't think it's terribly fair to call it a "brainwash church". Especially where my local Catholic church preached about tolerance of all other religions. I was never baptised, but I was also never pressured into it by anyone - the opportunity was offered to me once if I wanted it.

I accept that the scripture calls that act unnatural, and that I am called upon to treat them as I would have them treat me. I accept that the scripture calls for me to not judge. I accept that I am imperfect, and with original sin, and thus I have no room to cast stones from my glass house.
Okie dokie!

A sin shouldn't even be categorized as good or evil, these are truly abstract ideas. Sin is defined as distance from God. It is only described as anything other one time in Genesis, where "but sin creepeth at the doorstep". Thus, when you sin, you are acting against god's plan. If I murder someone in self defense to protect my children, I am sinning, but I would hardly call that act evil. Nothing is simple and cut and dry in religion, nothing is without several layers of contemplation. If you can say, "God hates Gays", you need to put the placard down and read the book again. Without someone thinking for you, digest the information within understanding how it is meant to be written and what laws and rules trump other laws and rules. Understand that the word of the LORD trumps the words of SOMEGUY who wrote letters later on. Accept that no matter how much God was involved, man could **** it up later, and he can't help himself but to do so.
I've actually glanced over parts of the Bible, and I'm aware there are no direct quotes from God saying anything like that. Your view on sin is interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom