This Stupid Error,1st time...Need some help.

Best answers
Well basically this problem has been happening to people all around the ESF community.

ESF loads up...it shows the picture of Vegeta kicking Piccolo,then it goes back to the desktop.

Thats my problem.How the hell do you fix it.Im using steam etc etc.
Even though I fixed the problem I want to find "Another" solution into fixing it.

Btw...I Re-installed ESF to fix it up.There has to something causeing that problem.I tried Restarting my Com and everything but ESF was still stuffed until I had re-installed it.Thanks guys.

-GuZzie

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Did you change any of your settings or do anything before the crashing started?

Does this happen with other games/modifications?

Best answers
Ahhh no.What happened was the ESF round had finished and we were about to enter a new map.Then it just returned to the desktop [Wasnt esf_zsword]

Anyways,after this catastrophe I tried to enter the server again,and it would stuff up when the Pic of Vegeta kicking Piccolo loaded.

-GuZzie

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ahhh no.What happened was the ESF round had finished and we were about to enter a new map.Then it just returned to the desktop [Wasnt esf_zsword]

Anyways,after this catastrophe I tried to enter the server again,and it would stuff up when the Pic of Vegeta kicking Piccolo loaded.

-GuZzie
So ESF crashes when you enter that specific server. What about other servers?

Best answers
No no no no no no.It doesnt crash when I join the servers...it crashed WHEN I load the game up.

The pictue of Vegeta kicking Piccolo shows up and then it freezes and goes back to the desktop.I fixed the problem my re-installing but I want to know what caused the game to stuff up :S

-GuZzie

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
When trying to join the server did you download files from the server?

Best answers
Nop,the only part the server had in this problem was when it was switching maps.I went from esf_canyon to esf_gero.But before I could pick my team it stuffed up and went back to my desktop.Then I couldnt enter another server.:s

-GuZzie

Best answers
was it esf_gero, or gero lab?
cuz that requires an extra wad file or something, it took me awhile to get it to work right too, samething happened, game crashed when trying to load it.
now its fine though

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
As far as i remember gero_lab is kongs map. And kongs maps dont need WAD files.

Besides did any of you see the point where he said his ESF crashes as soon as he starts it. It only started doing that AFTER the map changed on that server >.>

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If I notice any strange problems with steam I just usually go to my steam folder and delete ClientRegistry.blob and then launch steam. When you launch steam it will then begin updating.

Most of the time doing this has fixed most issues I have had with steam.

Best answers
Well, if it continues after doing what Overlord suggested, I think your best bet is to check out the Steam forums for help next.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
How about if you simply copy all the game files out of STEAM and delete STEAM. After you reinstall STEAM you just copy them back?

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I had the same problem to and i'v fix it by reinstalling Steam (back up half-life.gfc that's your hl ) and then just put it back sun hl once reinstal esf

Best answers
delet steam install it again. install esf and you have it

Best answers
Thanks Guys,but it seems like it isnt happening anymore :) It was the server that caused the problem.Anyhow THANKS for ur help :) I'll be sure you use it when it comes again
-Cheers
-GuZzie

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom