This is why you do not text and drive

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Hi Guys. I was driving home from a major job interview when a car infront of me stopped suddenly on the on ramp of a major highway. I was able to slam on my brakes but the Ram 1500 did not see us stop due to texting and slammed into me. Was in the hospital the past 2 days with a concussion and other bodily injuries (And a lot of them were from the seatbelt :-\ ). I am home now and okay but yea....Lets not text and drive.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Glad you're alright.
Injuries from a seatbelt tend to mean that without it, you'd be in a much worse state then you are now.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
no no I agree and happy i wore it. I would probably be through the window and in the backseat of the Honda Accord infront of me

I am no more
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Damn... Glad you're okay. Texting and driving is like driving with eyes closed. There should be a place to put phone while driving and you can't drive while you haven't put it in and can't take it out while haven't turned engine off.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Yea..problem is, I have another major interview tomorrow..still not 100 percent and for the life of me...i'm not missing this interview. Need to get up early to get a rental just to make it to the interview. Hopefully this determination helps me get out of my current job and into a brand new one...Tripling my income. ::Cross fingers::

My lower back is really in pain...using a lot of pads and compacts on it. I woke up with a bloody nose this morning which isn't a good sign either after a concussion. My vision isn't too bad..but I need to schedule an MRI. They only did XRays and Cat Scans.

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Damn... Glad you're okay. Texting and driving is like driving with eyes closed. There should be a place to put phone while driving and you can't drive while you haven't put it in and can't take it out while haven't turned engine off.
Except not everyone has a phone

Glad you're ok twiggy

I am no more
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Except not everyone has a phone

Glad you're ok twiggy
Ehm , there should be a checker that checks if there is a turned on phone in the car or not ( should be able to do with radio waves or microwaves)

I am no more
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
But it wouldn't be fair to the passengers of the car now would it?
Could do with bluetooth , but again not all phones has bluetooth ... idk distance measure ?

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
yea it is a hard concept to do and takes away a lot of rights of a person. It is just more common sense within a technological world. At the same time. I am angry at the woman that slammed on her breaks infront of me because she thought she went in the "wrong way" lane...when clearly she didn't. There was no need for her to slam on her breaks but at the same time..i probably wouldn't be hurt if he wasn't texting

I am no more
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I think some women should have harder driver license test, than men.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Women shouldn't drive.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Tbh, I have a hard time disagreeing with them. Whenever I encounter a bad driver on the road, they're either very old or a woman. That's not counting all the idiots who decide that 50 mph is the perfect speed to start a conversation over the phone.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Tbh, I have a hard time disagreeing with them. Whenever I encounter a bad driver on the road, they're either very old or a woman. That's not counting all the idiots who decide that 50 mph is the perfect speed to start a conversation over the phone.
lol .

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Terrible accident. Glad you're still relatively okay.

On a related note, this is why we need self-driving cars.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Exactly this, I always say: "This is surely a woman or an elderly driving!" and I would say that 80-90% of the time it's the right guess.

I'm glad you are okay man, that looked like a serious crash and like Prozac said, without the seatbelt you would be far worse......probably snapped like a twig. :)rolleyes:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom