★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yall sexist motha****ers need wimmen

JTM

Formerly Fatality
Best answers
I don't know if you're American or not, but I'd approach this the American way. Sue the **** out of this guy. He messed up majorly and clearly has a debt to pay with your car and injuries. Glad you're alright.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't know if you're American or not, but I'd approach this the American way. Sue the **** out of this guy. He messed up majorly and clearly has a debt to pay with your car and injuries. Glad you're alright.
With the licence plate saying "New York" You ask if he is American or not XD

In any case glad you are OK. Ive seen many accidents myself (though only one with a death attatched to it luckily) in my time with the fire department. Never a plesant thing. As for the guy behind you. If your system is any similar to ours, he will be the one providing the cash for all your hospital bills and what not.

Best answers
Same shit happened to my parents and they both went to the hospital, it was a woman........IN A TRUCK!!! She should be court ordered to orally pleasure you for an entire year.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Do this. My sister had a girlfriend once who got into a wreck because the guy who slammed into her car was texting. She wasn't injured badly, but sued the other driver and got paid about $50,000, not to mention her repairs were paid for as well.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
You only really need to bring up a lawsuit if the driver at fault lacks the insurance coverage for your injuries/car repair.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
While I am planning on talking to a lawyer...I am not big on the whole suing people for money thing. I know this was an accident and that the woman was old and couldn't read for the life of her...and the guy well he shouldn't have been texting...the fact is...it was an accident

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't like taking legal action for shit like this, myself. Unless it absolutely needs to be done. People are way too quick to screw other people over for their own gain.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Yes...but at the same time..I am going to talk to a lawyer to cover all bases. From there I can at least assess everything. Lack of work is a bit of a hassle as well and they are giving me a lot of crap for not being able to come in...Yea...great company

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well as said the court is the last thing. The insurance should cover it if he has it.

Though in our country insurance is mandatory.

JTM

Formerly Fatality
Best answers
With the licence plate saying "New York" You ask if he is American or not XD
lel woops

While I am planning on talking to a lawyer...I am not big on the whole suing people for money thing. I know this was an accident and that the woman was old and couldn't read for the life of her...and the guy well he shouldn't have been texting...the fact is...it was an accident
Generally, the amount given is three times the cost of hospital bills and vehicle damage as far as I know. I've had to deal with this before when I was rammed by a Dodge Ram in my Del Sol.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm completely against suing for trivial matters. This wasn't exactly a fender bender. That person needs a wake up call and getting hit in the bank is probably the worst feeling they'll ever experience, but at least they'll think twice about putting their life and the lives of others in jeopardy before doing something stupid like texting while driving.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
My grandfather said something very wise about driving cars. "A car is a weapon which can take your life or the life of another person!" so yeah, texting while driving is so dangerous and people take their own lives for granted.

Like a Boss? :O
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I'm completely against suing for trivial matters. This wasn't exactly a fender bender. That person needs a wake up call and getting hit in the bank is probably the worst feeling they'll ever experience, but at least they'll think twice about putting their life and the lives of others in jeopardy before doing something stupid like texting while driving.
This. Glad to hear that you're alright though.

Only go forward sideways
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Damn... Glad you're okay. Texting and driving is like driving with eyes closed. There should be a place to put phone while driving and you can't drive while you haven't put it in and can't take it out while haven't turned engine off.
As far as I know they have been isolating cars more and more against radio frequencies over the years. Notice how your Radio antenna is always on the outside of your car. Can't completely block them though because you still need to get GPS signal and the like.

My grandfather said something very wise about driving cars. "A car is a weapon which can take your life or the life of another person!" so yeah, texting while driving is so dangerous and people take their own lives for granted.
Funny enough my driving instructor was always telling me that a car is much like a remote control bullet. But it's actually worse to scare off drivers with constant paranoia than to teach them to relax and be just the right amount of confident behind a wheel. The UK driving teaching style is terrible partly due to the Hazard Perception test which requires you to assume everything around you can lead to an accident basically. This leads to driving very paranoid and the complete opposite of relaxed which leads to decisions exactly like the case of the woman in the Accord braking too hard for the simple presumption of going on the "Wrong Way" lane which could have been assessed much simpler but her paranoid state quickly jumped to panic instead of rational thought. I had to basically be retaught how to drive with a different mindset from my Romanian friends to feel safer on the road.

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
[video=youtube;p1_YFmzPPCQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1_YFmzPPCQ[/video] Relevant Bill Burr thoughts going on now

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom