This is not ESF anymore

Best answers
Downloading 1.1 as I type. If it keeps me buisy for a week, I'll be happy. 1.0 was maybe.... mmmm 3 weeks straight then back to NS? not bad considering NS is mah fav. GJ on pushing this out so soon without too(heh) much trouble. I just don't feel it's going to be 'fresh' enough to keep my attention for longer than a week. but I look forward to the next release. *salute*. and that's that. cya in another 9 months. :D (I'm having a baby! no not really, the pregnancy test lied) :p

Best answers
Originally posted by Pcjoe
Glitchy sword thing with trunks where it looks like he's putting it away but he doesnt
Your not very descriptive. Is he putting the sword away at all? Is it lagging when he puts the sword away?
He put's it away, then pulls it right back out, and is out while he uses any attack (Looks funny using Burning Attack) doesn't effect performance at all though.

My only problem is I think this patch will encourage melee whores (I don't mind melee, but I think power struggles are alot more fun)

Everything else I can change or wait for on the next patch.

Good job overall! :yes:

Best answers
uh whining takes less time son

all i do is:
Click to topic --> Post --> close web browser

3 steps, looking for a specific post takes at least 10-15 steps

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by ATF_MyStIc
Everybody with low fps, get off your damn 486's and get a real computer. Mine isn't even that great and I have over 60fps.

A7V266-E
Athlon XP 1900+
512mb ddr 2100
geforce 4 440mx

Damn I just graduated, I'm 18 with no job or money source. I'm sure you can manage to get something for selling some stuff or your parents.

Somebody is asking for a big ol' warning right now. Shut your mouth about your personal life and stop assuming that there are no exceptions to your line of thought.

My computer is just fine. An AMD 2000+ xp processor, a gig of DDr ram, a Geforce3Ti500, updated drivers, yadda yadda. My FPS in 1.1 frequently dips below 30 for no apparent reason. I'd like an explanation, personally.

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Zilea
PCjoe,you probably didn't notice but you were calling me an idiot and were making simple 3rd grade contraction errors (You're = you are, not "YOUR AN IDIOT")
When did you become my english teacher? Either way, still doesnt change the facts :)
When I said "You are" an idiot, I did'nt mean your vocabulary.

of course i'm going to get the "OH BUT HEY ZILEA THEY HAVE LIVES LOL!1!!!11!"
Its sad but true. Some of us do have business to attend to that doesnt include ESF.

Also, Trunks sword glitch that i meant was that he never puts it away
Look at my "hidden" sticky at the top of the page.

What do i need to backup that my friend is good at coding? he knows all heh
I could care less if your friend types code with his **** tied to a tree. The "backing up" is needed when you basically said that we sucked. You have no clue how good/bad we are at coding, and you probably never will. :)

btw, i dont have time to waste time looking for a hidden topic that has a fix that apparently fixes trunks
Sorry, I completly take back my previous statement about you being an idiot, you have officially been upgraded to retarded, congrats :). Its the second topic in the main chat, first not counting the announcement. How do you call that hidden, and how do you not have the time to see it? You obvoiusly have too much free, shows in all the bull**** you post :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Pcjoe

Glitchy sword thing with trunks where it looks like he's putting it away but he doesnt
Your not very descriptive. Is he putting the sword away at all? Is it lagging when he puts the sword away?
No, I think it only happens to the host. When I host my game and I use Trunks, no matter what happens he will always be using his sword. Whether it be melee, ki balls, or Finishing Buster.

He won't be using it though, it will just be in his hand, kind of like DMZ's current Trunks Model.

Best answers
PCjoe,you probably didn't notice but you were calling me an idiot and were making simple 3rd grade contraction errors (You're = you are, not "YOUR AN IDIOT")
Also, Trunks sword glitch that i meant was that he never puts it away
What do i need to backup that my friend is good at coding? he knows all heh

btw, i dont have time to waste time looking for a hidden topic that has a fix that apparently fixes trunks

You have no right to complain. The team gives us all a free gift... a game and their time. If you don't like the mod, don't play it and never come back because you most certainly have not spent as much time as the team has, volunteering their time to give a bunch of people they have never met a mod for absolutely no profit to them in return. Last time I checked you can't complain, argue or even insult a free gift you are given that you don't even deserve. Stop the ridicules comments and stop patronizing the team because you obviously lack 1/10000th the skill and abilities of the team. Either leave and never play the game again, or shut your mouth, show some respect and be constructive in any criticism you give. If you don't understand what I just typed, it will be a sad day.

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Mestivo
He put's it away, then pulls it right back out, and is out while he uses any attack (Looks funny using Burning Attack) doesn't effect performance at all though.

My only problem is I think this patch will encourage melee whores (I don't mind melee, but I think power struggles are alot more fun)

Everything else I can change or wait for on the next patch.

Good job overall! :yes:
Yeah, acouple people were reporting about that bug, im assuming something is wrong with their model...
About the melee whores, the patch actually adds things to discourage the use of constant melee
1) You cant insta-counter anymore
2) Head on collisions arnt ping based, maybe it will discourage some of the lesser-good players with low pings to use alternate methods of killing people?
3) Beam jumping, and the ability to drop + shoot a beam, adds a whole new level of flexibility.

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Anyways, yeah, I think we all got our anger out :)
Mods, please excuse the above post, I kinda encouraged flamming with my post, lol.
Constructive-like post now, no more flamming :p

Best answers
pcjoe pcjoe PCJOE..
WHEN will you learn?
do you have any idea on what you said about me having "TOO MUCH FREE TIME"?
By telling you that i dont have time to look, but you somehow saying that i have too much free time by not being able to look?

Confusion...

Let me tell you this, beta 1.0 kept me interested for 3 days

Beta 1.1 kept me interested for less than 2 hours, no offense but you guys could have done a better job if you tried harder

And another thing, 1.0 had over 500 servers with i would guess about 1,000 users (about 10-30 servers in the last few weeks)

1.1 has about 100 servers (more or less) which is probably 200-300 people. you guys are losing fans

Best answers
I just don't think 1.1 is fresh enough to keep enough people coming back for more. it just shows the more hardcore fans from the fans who play this when they're bored (me). not that thats a bad thing. I'm just not as interested in DBZ as I used to be (hey I grew up! :D)

Best answers
it's not fresh enough cuz there isnt enough to do =\

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
pcjoe pcjoe PCJOE..
WHEN will you learn?
When will I learn? Your the one fighting the uphill battle.

do you have any idea on what you said about me having "TOO MUCH FREE TIME"?
You have too much free time if your best thing to do is insult the ESF team and its work.

Confusion...
Yeah, it comes hand-in-hand with being a retard :)

Let me tell you this, beta 1.0 kept me interested for 3 days

Beta 1.1 kept me interested for less than 2 hours, no offense but you guys could have done a better job if you tried harder

And another thing, 1.0 had over 500 servers with i would guess about 1,000 users

1.1 has about 100 servers (more or less) which is probably 200-300 people. you guys are losing fans
LOL, okay, lets point some facts out....

Beta 1.0 was our first release in over a year, we pimped the hell out of it, you guys knew about it a week in advanced. 500+ people at the release party, internet radio stations covering us, main page @ file planet, etc.... Ofcourse people are going to download it more, its our first big release since alpha 2.0.

Now, beta 1.1.. We didnt even tell you guys when we were going to release it until the actual day of release. We didnt tell anyone, we didn't have a release party, and ontop of that, its only a patch. Your not suppose to expect miracles from beta 1.1, its just a patch that fixes bugs and adds some new features.
Saying it sucks more then beta 1.0, then pointing out things you didnt like in beta 1.0 doesnt make much sense to me.

Edit: And DAMN, 200-300 players, yeah, its a definite decrease from what we had before beta 1.1 release time :)

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
it's not fresh enough cuz there isnt enough to do =\
God damn, what the hell is wrong with the ESF team? Releasing BETAS to their fans? Not taking the BFP route and making the fans wait countless years?

Buddy... its beta 1.0, and from what i remember beta is not a complete version.

Best answers
so basically, by tuesday theres gonna be 3 times more servers than there are right now cause more people are gonna realize it's out?

Best answers
eh i've given up trying to get key points through the Coders head, almost as thickheaded as DMZ's moderators (yes, they were TERRIBLE)

EDIT: btw pcjoe you double posted -_-

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Jim-yesitsme
so basically, by tuesday theres gonna be 3 times more servers than there are right now cause more people are gonna realize it's out?
I dont think you can read either. Its a patch, we wont even have even 1/2 the amount of beta 1.0 ppl playing. Since we arnt getting the same type of publicity, and the patch doesnt even do 1/2 of what beta 1.0 did, we probably wont even get close to it.

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
eh i've given up trying to get key points through the Coders head, almost as thickheaded as DMZ's moderators (yes, they were TERRIBLE)

EDIT: btw pcjoe you double posted -_-
Too bad :) I dont think we're thick headed, i think your just too retarded to get your points through.
Yaknow, we can always start over with "CONSTRUCTIVE" criticism, maybe you could actually improve the quality of the mod.

Best answers
you see, this is why many people dislike the mod, because people like you tell US (THE PLAYERS) that we are retarded, how can you know i'm stupid? for all you know i could be Einstein.
You aren't even being open minded

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
you see, this is why many people dislike the mod, because people like you tell US (THE PLAYERS) that we are retarded, how can you know i'm stupid? for all you know i could be Einstein
From what school has lead me to believe I would presume that Einstein had an IQ somewhere over 70. Sorry to come down on you so hard, Zilea, but the sad fact of the matter is that many people dislike this mod because of people like YOU telling dev team members like PCJoe that they don't know what they're doing, even after they explain it to you two, three, or five times. Maturity obviously isn't your strongest suit.

This community sure as hell doesn't need members like you who do nothing more than move from thread to thread whining and insulting the dev team and the development process, as though it makes a damn bit of difference to anybody. The world doesn't stop turning because you don't want the sun to rise, Zilea. You are no more important or significant than anyone else who dedicates themselves to bringing down a mod that you willingly allowed other people to take ours of their lives to serve up to you for free.

From this point forward you watch your damn mouth. You badmouth another dev or moderator and I'll show you no mercy. You have the right to *critique*, but not to actively attempt to disrupt the community and piss off the development team. You have been forwarned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom