the truth about the world today...

Best answers
<warning! Bother reading this all, it is worth it!!!!>

life is a lie

this is the truth.

why you ask?

No president nor king nor queen will tell the whole truth to the people: the people would get angry, and choose an other leader. Do you really think Bush would tell the whole truth about what happened to Iraq? He says that Sadam is bad, I agree, but that is NO reason to kill all of it's followers and his sons. I can't believe they died in a shootout. He also lied about that they would posses nuclear weapons, none has ever been found!

The newspapers never tell the whole truth. Example from Holland: a man from Turkey steals something. It comes in the newspaper. Now almost everyone things all mans from Turkey are bad, but what about the thousands of Dutch folks that have stolen something?

In Israel the say they follow the Torah and the ten commands. In Palestine they say the follow their believe(I don't know which one). Both believes say that killing people, even if it is your enemy, is wrong! Yet the are so consumed by hatred that they won't stop till the enemy is destroyed.

Those who do the right thing: being human, turn their cheek, being nice, are called names for “being to soft". Money seems to be the most important thing in the world: you need it to survive. You have to pay for the ground you want to live on, even if it's not in use! Who has power has a big chance of becoming corrupt.

I'm not going to tell you how to live: you'll have to find out on your own. But here is a hint from a friend: if you look in history books, you will learn much from the mistakes someone else has made. And find out what the true face is from your environment: it took me fifteen years to do that!

Thanks to an old teacher I now know much more about the world. (btw, he is presumed to be the best teacher of the school!)

It still horrifies me when I think of this. Why do people kill each other. We are different and may sometimes not agree, but that IS ABSOLUTLY NO reason to kill people: there made out of flesh and blood, just like us. They have feelings just like us. Don't they have hair and teeth and a skin? Yet, we still think that anyone who is different isn’t human and must be killed, or we use the excuse “I kill him in the name of ……”fill in your leader.

When you watch the news, you think you see everything that happens in the world. In an half hour news you’ll see some bombings, accidents and special things in your country, and you may think “hey, that’s not so bad. Not many people died this day.” However nothing can be farther from the truth. When there is something special it comes in the news, but after a while they pay attention to something else because the people don’t watch it any longer. But the tragedies continuous. Despite the news doesn’t say anything about it, people in Africa are still starving to dead! In China, people are being prosecuted just because there Christian! They also can’t become a teacher or something, because of their religion! In Brazil boy’s of the street are called a “pest” and at night time, when everyone is of the street, they kill the children while there asleep by shooting them in the neck! I’m not saying these children are innocent: they have to steal to survive, but they are being murdered by the local police. In fact, the major’s are encouraging the police to kill them!
It’s just unbelievable, yet this is the horrifying truth.

In South-America, a forest the size of a football field is being cut down by the minute. This is devastating for the environment over there. The earth is getting hotter and hotter, thanks to our cars and factory’s. When the icecaps have molten, all low lain country’s will be under water, that include most of Holland, the coast of the USA, including New York. Solar and wind power isn’t hard to obtain, yet we still choose for nuclear energy despite the fact that it is dangerous and damages the earth badly( with it’s litter.) More and more animals are disappearing, because we think we own the land and must decide how it looks like. The whales are disappearing, because we like the meat, even if we can eat a sandwich instead of it! In some countries dolphins are killed because the think they will eat all the fish. But the fact is, that we are the guilty ones. We sell cigarettes that latterly kill us and the environment, yet we use them, just because we like it. The producers off the cigarettes are putting stuff into the cigarettes that makes you addicted to them.

In this article I have told you a number of the worst things that happen on the planet. This is not even a percent of what is happening in the world. Off course there are also good things in the world, but you mostly know them already. Just keep your eyes open and do what ever you can to improve your environment! For example, why go to a place by car, when you can get there by bike. It’s also more healthy for you. And if the distance is to great, take a train. You will also bypass traffic jams by that. Don’t smoke, it’s bad for the kids and the environment, and your health is going down fast! Call for a doctor if you can’t stop on your own. Also if something happens in your neighbourhood, and you don’t like it( example, your neighbours are forced to move to somewhere else) don’t think your powerless. Democratic means, the PEOPLE decide, that means that You decide. Write letters to the government, demonstrate! The can’t ignore you for ever! Don’t call people names for fun, you are destroying the life of someone else. Be nice, help people. You’ll be liked yourself, and your friends will be there for you when you’ll need them!

I may sound like an old granny or something, but this is the truth. These are no rumours or lies! Look into this and you’ll see that I’m right!

I hope you all are going to follow my advice. I won’t force you, but I strongly recommend you do.

Your dear friend, Ocaj.

<warning! Bother reading this all, it is worth it!!!!>

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Leaders don't tell the general public the whole truth for the same reason they never have throughout history. It's not in their best interests. But unlike a queen or king, you have a chance (albeit a small one) to become that leader. The blame lies in the populace as well as in the 'ruling class,' when it comes to the US.

As for the newspaper example about the people in Holland.. Only stupid people generalize an entire country based on the acts of few. Everytime. People filled with fear, ignorance and hatred.

You mentioned the Muslim religion, that killing people is wrong. That is only partially correct. The Torah(which is the first testament of the Bible in Christianity), as well in the Qu'ran, they condemn killing 'men.' Those men refer to people they consider their equals--as in, people of their own religion. The Qu'ron justifies killing 'infidels.' So they justify their actions by naming their enemies infidels.

People kill each other for purely human reasons; desire and jealousy. It's very different to kill someone you know, because you know they're people. People convince themselves when fighting a war that the enemy is inhuman and dastardly, because it makes it easier for you to kill someone who is evil, rather than someone with feelings and a family.

'The earth is getting hotter and hotter.' Global climate has changed less than a degree in the past century. That is globally significant, but it's not "hotter and hotter," as you make it out to be. "When we were kids, it was never hot during summer! You with your fancy air conditioners.. we didn't need em, because it was always 72 degrees YEAR round!"

I find it funny that people generalize the 'melting of the icecaps,' as a singular event. If the icecaps were to melt it would be an insanely gradual process, it's not like POOF they're gone, instantly turned to water, and huge 50 yard high tsunamis engulf the world.

Your insult to nuclear power is amusing, as it's one of the most efficient methods of energy generation. We now refine 'nuclear waste' to be made into other useful nuclear fuels or for use in fusion lasers (aka lawrence liverpool labs.) Nuclear power also generates 'thermal pollution,' as in dumping very hot water into a nearby river, which does damage the ecosystem of that river, but overall, it's a sacrifice that is made. Oil and coal power are far 'dirtier' than nuclear power.

"The whales are disappearing, because we like the meat, even if we can eat a sandwich instead of it!" This is an amusing point, because the massive hunting of whales is not something unique to the 20th or 21st century. Japan hunted numerous species of whale to extinction during the past 400 years.

Cigarettes don't affect the enviroment at all, by the way. Even the countless pounds of carbon monoxide produced have virtually no effect globally, compared to cars.

Yes, the world sucks in some aspects, but that doesn't mean life is a lie.

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Democracy is corrupt. If people really decided then there wouldn't be the electoral college and Bush woudln't be president. News like CNN and MSNBC are coorporate and don't cover both sides of stories. My friends and I are forced to listen to the bbc early in the morning to find out what really happened. Its a well known fact that the world is dieing and that we live in a democracy. You have to understand though that most people live a middle class life doing enough to get by so that they can be with their family. The don't want to have to deal with the **** you would need to do to appose the government or things happening to the atmosphere.

G-Bear
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
SailorAlea said:
Your insult to nuclear power is amusing, as it's one of the most efficient methods of energy generation. We now refine 'nuclear waste' to be made into other useful nuclear fuels or for use in fusion lasers (aka lawrence liverpool labs.) Nuclear power also generates 'thermal pollution,' as in dumping very hot water into a nearby river, which does damage the ecosystem of that river, but overall, it's a sacrifice that is made. Oil and coal power are far 'dirtier' than nuclear power.
I only one line to say: What if something went wrong in a nuclear power plant.

One thing could happen: It could explode.(And that would be 50 times Hiroshima which isn`t a good thing.)

Another thing: It could leak radiation unnotice for a few years.(And this happend in East Europe)

Ocaj said:
The newspapers never tell the whole truth. Example from Holland: a man from Turkey steals something. It comes in the newspaper. Now almost everyone things all mans from Turkey are bad, but what about the thousands of Dutch folks that have stolen something?
Well research showed that 80% of the criminals is done by outsider.(don`t know the right word)
So...

Best answers
Basically Alea and Scorch are both right. YEs even though the world is bad doesnt mean that life itself is a lie..You dont know the meaning of life do you? I do and for me to tell it, it would bring up a whole entire different topic..Anway in my opinion...dont worry about it..I mean seriously if your like over 20, that or your considering going into politics as a student somewhere, then you really dont need to worry about it. Whatever happens is out of your hands. You cant change anything the president or the government does. All you can do is complain and for the most part the government doesnt give a ****. Like Scorch said, Democracy is corrupt. If it wasnt then we all would be living more peacefully. Ok definition of Democracy - Something that give the ppl equal rights. The government or whoever ****ed us on that really screwed it up. Now we have a Democracy AND a Republic twisted in together. Which was fine for the first part then it got ****ed up somewhere and now its not good.. Basically im glad and im not glad that the president n whoever is not telling us the whole truth about whats going on. Thats what protects us and ****s us..Thats where you have to carefully understand whos right or whos wrong. Dont believe everything the news tells you. Becuz some have the truth and a lot of the times they have lies just to get what?? Money. Thats all that matters to them. Doesnt matter if its true or not. Thats goes to my last point. You have to watch carefully on whos telling the truth and whos not. Also you have to have some common sense to it all. 1 + 1 = 2. A lot of times the news will say 2 + 3 = 2\3. The news leaves a lot of the parts out due to 2 reasons. 1 thats all they know. 2 thats all they want you to know..If we learned the whole truth then that would totally **** up our lives. Believe me Ocaj. I know from personal experience that i wanted the whole truth and i got it..and that totally ****ed up my life. Now i cant trust the 1 person that meant the world to me. That was there for me. Now i cant trust him, i cant see him, i cant even talk to him..(no im not *** if thats what your thinking, its something we all have..well some of us) For 15 and a half years of my life i believed someone that was fake..Then i found out more to it and that destroyed me.. So thats an example of why the president/government doesnt want us to know what they know. Becuz they know we cant handle it very well..They want to protect us from the dangers that can come if we found out whats going down..

Best answers
you guys, i dont know why u are all trying to pin your beleifs on eachother, nobody listens to eachother here when it comes to views on life, but i think calling democracy corrupt is riduculous, what would u prefer instead of democracy? communism? so that way everybody is poor except the ruling class? how about a monarchy where one mans word is considered divine mandate, sighh........ill never understand some people, especially since none of us are educated or openminded enough for this kinda debate to serve its purpose.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
People lie for certain reasons..
Some people cannot handle the truth, some people are scared of the truth. If the truth was told, people would panic. It's understandable to me, I wouldn't tell the truth either, unless it was good. :smile:

Best answers
Ocaj said:
It still horrifies me when I think of this. Why do people kill each other. We are different and may sometimes not agree, but that IS ABSOLUTLY NO reason to kill people: there made out of flesh and blood, just like us. They have feelings just like us. Don't they have hair and teeth and a skin? Yet, we still think that anyone who is different isn’t human and must be killed, or we use the excuse “I kill him in the name of ……”fill in your leader.
Why do people kill each other? There are many different ways to think of it. Maybe we really are nothing more than advanced animals, following a more advanced instinct. Maybe we kill because this primal instinct tells us to do anything possible to gain power over one another. You mentioned diversity being one reason. Maybe that natural human loathing to change, that feeling that tells us to get rid of anything we don't understand, drives the killing. I think many people fail to see outside of themselves and realize that other people think and feel the same emotions we do. That we really are no better than them. Perhaps if more people actually listened to themselves when they said "All men are created equal," then they would understand. In any case, I don't think all of humanity is about to have some kind of revelation. So that really leaves everyone with a decision. Do I conform to the world, climb my way to the top while stepping on everyone else to get there? Or do I live a "moral" life, not the necessarily happiest life, but a good one... and be one of the people getting stepped on? Life a lie? No, definitely not. Your own life is what you make of it. And, if that's a lie, you have yourself to blame.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I truly hate it when people believe that everybody around them has absolutely no insight except for themselves. Thanks for exposing the "truth about the world today" :rolleyes:

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think of it this way. There are certain things I won't tell certain people... why? Because I feel it protects them... Of course this is a mistake at times, but it does stop a lot of heartache and pain...

Now upgrade that to a bigger scale. We aren't told everything for our own protection. This brings up the question of which is more ethical though... is it better for us to live happily in ignorance, or panic knowing the truth.

Of course knowing the truth won't always cause panic, and living in ignorance can cause greater problems when the truth is discovered, especially when it is too late, so that's why I believe that knowing the truth is best.

But also keep in mind that not all of us are equipped to handle knowledge of this sort, so some secrets must be kept. Knowing the truth could easily cause some fanatics to rebel, causing a torrent of irreplacable damage...

but then again, this can happen when truth isn't told...

It's damn hard to be a politician.

I've come to one conclusion. Everyone is different. We all have different needs. It's impossible for everyone's needs to be met...

G-Bear
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
fatmanterror said:
you guys, i dont know why u are all trying to pin your beleifs on eachother, nobody listens to eachother here when it comes to views on life, but i think calling democracy corrupt is riduculous, what would u prefer instead of democracy? communism? so that way everybody is poor except the ruling class? how about a monarchy where one mans word is considered divine mandate, sighh........ill never understand some people, especially since none of us are educated or openminded enough for this kinda debate to serve its purpose.
U`re think of Russia.(And there communsim was corrupt)

Communism really means everybody equal.
No rich people like Bill Gates, but all people with a reasonable amount of money :)

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Devion said:
I only one line to say: What if something went wrong in a nuclear power plant.

One thing could happen: It could explode.(And that would be 50 times Hiroshima which isn`t a good thing.)

Another thing: It could leak radiation unnotice for a few years.(And this happend in East Europe)

Well research showed that 80% of the criminals is done by outsider.(don`t know the right word)
So...
Nuclear power plants don't just explode. Apparently you don't understand what a thermonuclear reaction is, because the fuel inside of a nuclear plant isn't even capable of that. It has to be heavily refined into plutonium before being capable of detonating usefully in a nuclear weapon. Uranium isn't very good for that. :rolleyes:

Even a 'nuclear meltdown' as the popular term is said, isn't an nuclear explosion. It's a crack in the cooling layer which releases radiation, that's it.

Maybe VB has been in here under some aliases..

*hide*

Best answers
Hmmmm... this is getting interesting.

The reason why I chose the title "Life is a lie" is because I wrote it in three parts, the title belonging to the first part, because it was about the goverment lieing.

Cigarets infect the enviroment. The inviroment are the three's, the animals, the neighbours, and us! And we all know what cigarets can do to a person: it's destroying him from the inside. His condition becomes worse, and finaly, his heart gives up.

About killing, the thing I'm trying to tell, is that everyone IS equal. That's why I think those wars are meaningless. Once they understand that, the will try to overcome their problems with talking, instead of using violence.

I'm talking global about many things, because I don't know the exact details, but you are mostly right about the change of the klimate, SailorAlea. But Japan is still hunting whales, and that is something that has to stop:it is uneccecary!

Hmm, about the truth. NeLo, this is the best comment I have had so far about that part of my work. You are right about some things, but many things NEED to be told to the people. And I doubt that hidding the truth is a solution. A democracy who's corupt isn't a REAL democracy. Mayby it is just a dream that I wan't to come treu, but I'm TIRED of all the lies I have heard! I'm prepared to fight for the truth! I am not going to sit back and watch the world getting demolished! The people think they have no power, because the goverment makes them think that way. They are wrong. YOU alected them, YOU helped them getting to the top. And YOU can end that power, but you must WANT it. You all say you can't do anything about it, well think again. I'm spreading the news by this article, and talk to people, hoping the will think more, instead of listening dump to everything that is told them and believe it all!

Best answers
Ocaj said:
Hmmmm... this is getting interesting.

The reason why I chose the title "Life is a lie" is because I wrote it in three parts, the title belonging to the first part, because it was about the goverment lieing.

Cigarets infect the enviroment. The inviroment are the three's, the animals, the neighbours, and us! And we all know what cigarets can do to a person: it's destroying him from the inside. His condition becomes worse, and finaly, his heart gives up.
Cigarettes hurt individuals, yes, but have little effect on the level of air pollution as a whole. And generally your lungs give out before your heart.

About killing, the thing I'm trying to tell, is that everyone IS equal. That's why I think those wars are meaningless. Once they understand that, the will try to overcome their problems with talking, instead of using violence.
Once they understand that? Give me a break, people aren't going to so easily give up their entire cultures so that they can hold hands and sing songs.

SailorAlea said:
Maybe VB has been in here under some aliases..
Don't let it get personal. Each thread's disputes should be contained within that thread.

Best answers
YOU WANNA KNOW THE TRUTH!!???

YOU CANT HANDLE IT!!!

THE TRUTH IS NO ONE KNOW THE WHOLE TRUTH AND EVEN IF SOMEONE KNOWS MOST OF IT,THE SMALL AMOUNT THEY DONT KNOW COULD MEAN ALL THE DIFFERENCE IN THE WORLD!!

honestly though i dont think theses discusions belong on a forum.

Best answers
Duece said:
YOU WANNA KNOW THE TRUTH!!???

YOU CANT HANDLE IT!!!

THE TRUTH IS NO ONE KNOW THE WHOLE TRUTH AND EVEN IF SOMEONE KNOWS MOST OF IT,THE SMALL AMOUNT THEY DONT KNOW COULD MEAN ALL THE DIFFERENCE IN THE WORLD!!

honestly though i dont think theses discusions belong on a forum.
Yeah, uh, I'll let you know what I think about that when I decipher it...

Best answers
1: someone has his caps lock on. putt it off.
2: Mayby I can't handle te whole truth, butt as I said, not all things must be kept secret.
3: Thanks for all your comment! I like dicussions like this one's!

Best answers
A few months have passed, and I still believe in this. I'm not making propoganda for communism, but I think that many conflicts can be solved without fighting. Anyone thinks otherwise?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom