The Red Ring of Death

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My Wii's great by the way :).

It's pretty ridiculous, practically everyone in this thread with an Xbox has had it fail on them.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
at least microsoft does it for free, (for now at least).

i had to buy 5 ps1s back in the day >_>.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My Wii's great by the way :).

It's pretty ridiculous, practically everyone in this thread with an Xbox has had it fail on them.
I have a Wii as well, and it hasn't had a single issue. My PC far outperforms them all despite the stress I put on it.

:p

Seriously though, it seems I'll be getting my box in the mail finally.

If not, I'll ship it to my place of buisness, which I don't want to do.

G
Every person I know face-to-face that has a 360 has had a RROD. Mine RROD'd earlier this year, took me a few months to get it repaired and now I always keep it horizontal, unplug it and don't play it for very long.

Yeah my Wii and PS2 haven't failed once, but they can't play Dead Rising.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've had my 360 since about 8 months after launch. Still don't regret it. A few of my friends have gotten RROD, including one of my roommates, but they got theirs fixed in very short order. Don't know what to tell you.

My Wii on the other hand, fried itself within about 2 weeks of owning it. Nintendo was good about replacing it. I had to buy three PS2s over the course of its life, though. DRE errors, general bull**** that Sony did absolutely nothing to fix.

TheMuffinMan said:
i recall the first gen having somthing silly like a 70% failiure rate, while the new gen parts bring this down to a musty 20-30%.
No. The first generation was around 15%, which is still too high. There were several false reports of it being as high as 30%. Supposedly now it's quite a bit lower than 15%, with the smaller-scale parts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom