The Predator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best answers
Why are you doing the predator without his face mask anyway? The predator NEEDS his mask... Otherwise he looks nowhere near as impressive...

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
The head is suppose to be tall , because i am not modeling the predator from the 1st predator movie , i am modeling it from AVP , i dont think side needs to stick out more , because than the mask would be more wide and thats not how it looks .

Why are you doing the predator without his face mask anyway? The predator NEEDS his mask... Otherwise he looks nowhere near as impressive...
2 reasons :
1) If your modeling hight poly stuff , specialy for movies everything has to be modeled
2) mask is done =)

The mask :

And a pic so you could see how the eye looks :

Note : high reolution pic !!!
Eye
Texture is 4000x4000 , made in photoshop , shader designed by me , featuring 4 maps + a HDRI map

Bolteh2

B
the face should be in a bigger angle.. it looks too straight atm.. maybe it's just because he hasn't got his dreads yet, but atm it looks kinda wrong..

the mouth part of the mask on the other hand, should be in a more straight angle

superb modelling tho, good job

Best answers
I'm sorry but that eye really needs some work, why do you have a 4000 * 4000 image map, thats a ridiculous waste in my opinion. the white of the eye just looks like a noise map with some green gradient and some red lines drawn on it, it looks more like slime. I do admit the lens/iris part looks very good though!

I'd be careful when considering your limits to textures and polygons even in high polygon practise remember its always good to optimise your work! Saves rendering, rigging issues etc... random rant over....

I like the predator mask very much, didn't you post it on cgtalk a while ago?

peace show

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Bolteh : i agree with you , i will try to fix that , thanks for your comments

Showster : the reason why i made the eye texture so big , i already pointed out , ITS FOR A MOVIE , whitch will have a many close up on hes face and a scene where the alien will be reflected in hes eye , for that reason that eye must be made perfectly correct . Yeah i posted on CGtalk (its my favorite place) and its posted there now , i make updates 2 slow . And i saw your predator there as well :)

Best answers
The eye looks too much like liquid. Nice predator model though, i'd be interested to see the movie ^_^;.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Uh, when I watched the move predator, I don't see any predators that muscular. :eek:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Inakuro said:
Uh, when I watched the move predator, I don't see any predators that muscular. :eek:
Accualy they are..watch it again :p . Also it may look wierd because he hasnt added the armor yet, and like he said its for a moive so every piece has to be modeled in.

I love the look of this and i cant wait to see more! :yes:

Best answers
dax/darkone
lol are you trying to blow his cover or something?

if you are darkone, you sure have changed your style greatly, and ya, you've worked on this for a long long long long long long time now.

The model is great overall, a few things I would change.

I don't agree with his ass, it's like it protrudes out of the back and there's a muscle that connects the ass to it.

I don't agree with his shins either, looks like he's developed a case of super shin splints.

and that's about it

9/10 gj.

✔️ HL Verified
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Good model, i hope for his sake he isnt darkone/dan/dax/.... (shall i go on?)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
he is not .
i still have contact so darkone so i can promise that
why should it be bad for him anyway huh ?
aaaanyway. nice job man. cant wait to see it finished illl catch oyu on msn some tiem again ^^

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Thanks i gues , i dont understand half the comments you people are giving me , but what i understud i will try to fix in the nearest time :smile:

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
1st i need to finish the predator , before i can eaven think of how to designe the alien .

here is an update , fixed the abs area a bit , the connections where the left and the right sides were merged was wrong

the hands will folow next , than the legs reguire some modification and than the feet

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
whooooo looking good there m8, cant wait to see the hands ^_^

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Well..Mr. Anderson..if that is your real name...You see..You seem to be living two lives...one is D.Anderson ..the other..that I acquired from a quick IP check..proved to be "darkone" One of these lives has a future... Now, please give me a reason not to believe that you haven't made another account, or action will be taken.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ooh ooh ooh trouble :p lol

Well the abs are looking great :) Just the pecs/chest muscles look kinda small to me,a bit high...a bit very high :| lol
But still awsome model

Best answers
DUDE!!!are u human????how could u make such a good predator model????
why don't u make a game..cuz with yar models...u could get very high

Best answers
@Dave that is one (ugly mother ****er) got what i mean :laff:

very nice model cant wait to see it in the movie :shocked:

Old School
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Magus said:
Well..Mr. Anderson..if that is your real name...You see..You seem to be living two lives...one is D.Anderson ..the other..that I acquired from a quick IP check..proved to be "darkone" One of these lives has a future... Now, please give me a reason not to believe that you haven't made another account, or action will be taken.
There are other people on this forum that have multiple accounts also. If one does not use the other account ever again, then I believe theyre safe.

If your IP chech has indeed prooven that he has more than one account, then you know who you have to talk to. Any normal person would just deny it, especially when the matter is discussed in the public.

This matter was already discussed a good while ago, (here), if action needed to be taken, I believe it would have already been done.
--------

The Predator is coming along nicely, though the shin areas look weird to me, like theyre too defined or something. You did say you would shape them up, so I guess thats covered.
Awaiting the finished product.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom