The possibilities of a new ESF...

Best answers
Before you post a reply, read the entire post.

Gameplay Mechanics
* Health is increased by at least ten fold, or health changes based on power, not ascension. Ie: You might have twice the health for having ten-times the power.
* Flight is changed to be more like that of the flight from Mechmod. Players can cycle between different types of flight, Stationary, Fast, and Fastest. Add in a Booster to enable rushes as well. Change the current combat system so that if you fly into someone in stationary it goes directly to advanced melee (no prepunching), in fast and fastest it goes to prepunch, and with the booster it does a basic melee attack or throw (depending on which button is held).
* Turbo is a toggle that does not wear off in melee. While in turbo you become faster, but perhaps at the expense of a little bit of power. Turbo can be toggled during power struggles, and melee combat.
* Beam attacks can be triggered while in stationary or fast flight modes, but not while in fastest or boosted. Beam attacks while in fast take one half as much more ki because you are concentrating on both improved movement and technique usage at the same time.
* A changed power system to emulate that of the source material. Characters start off at approximately 20,000 Battle Power. Each character could have a technique that may improve themselves (not to mention Turbo). For example, Son Gokou could utilize Kaiouken. He could go from 1x to 20x. Each use is temporary and dependant on his power has a chance to instantly kill him. A transformation could more accurately resemble that of the source, as well, for example, you can obtain SSJ at 300,000 power and it increases power by 50x, causing your power to rocket up to 15,000,000... Perhaps coupled with this are power gain modifiers (ie: Saiyajins would gain slower than others). Characters would still gain power quickly, ie: could get from 20,000 to 1,000,000 in maybe 20 minutes, but some characters could gain faster to make up for the strengths/weaknesses of their characters/species.
* Reduced costs of differing attacks. For example, to utilize the Ki blast, it would cost next to nothing (say 0.5% of Ki). The attacks would also be reduced in power to compensate for this (as it currently stands you can kill anyone with the ki blast, but noone ever died of a ki blast in the source material because they are so utterly weak, the best the ki blast ever did was cause small amounts of damage, nothing substantial).
* A better ki efficiency system... Allow characters to fly around longer, use more low-power techniques, and be more powerful.
* If not hard coded changes like this, perhaps the ability to adjust for these options for servers?

Technique Changes
* Change Gohan's power shield. Make the shield have no cost, or a cost closer to 0.5% ki per second. When explosions or ki blobs happen around the shield, they are negated (at some ki cost). Beams or other attacks that come into contact with the power shield go into a struggle. Winning the struggle explodes both the attack and the shield (causing 2x damage), losing the struggle causes the attack to explode harmlessly (for those inside of the shield anyway) on the surface of the shield.
* An addition of shishinnoken (the four clone attack) that allows for Piccolo (and possibly Tien-Shinhan if added) to spawn three clones of themselves. These clones are only 1/4 as powerful, however, and offer no power growth for the main user unless he manages to merge with the clones once more before someone else destroys them.
* Enerugiikyuushuu (energy absorbtion) for android-type characters (ie: #18, #17) to both drain players and reduce the power of techniques used on them that are successfully blocked.
* The Kakusendan (Kulilin's multiple bullet shot) becomes a semi-controlled beam. In this the character has no control over where the beam goes after release, but at any time as long as it's not blown up, they may use the alternate fire button to split the beam into smaller beams that then go forth and try to strike dead on with any valid enemy targets.
* Changing Vegita's renzoukou energy dan to be rapid fire, as it should be. It would be like with other characters using alternative fire, save that it's twice or even three times as fast. Ki cost would be 0.33% per ki shot, however, they would also be half-as strong as other ki shots (see earlier note to make ki shots weaker than they already are, and then half that).
* Changing Zanzouken so that rather than just teleporting a couple of metres away, characters can hold the button for a variable length (1-3 seconds). The longer the button is held, the further away they appear. Characters can either hold a direction before it is utilized or during, or if they do neither they will teleport in a random direction (while of course avoiding redundancies, ie: it would be useless to transport yourself downward if there's 2 feet between yourself and the ground, or if you're standing on the ground). Perhaps the ability to do a "backtrack" zanzouken as well to appear where you originated afterwards, but only if you don't move.
* Make high-power attacks more worthwhile, and low-power attacks also more worthwhile. While it costs more of your ki pool to utilize the high-power attacks (ie: 50% to use a full-power high-power attack), make it efficient to use low-power attacks (ie: 20% to use a full-power low-power attack). Such attacks have damage relative to their power and usage (ie: what could be 200 damage for a full-power high-power, could be 80 damage for a full-power low-power). Perhaps some attacks could be classified as medium-power (ie: 140 damage at expense of 35% ki pool for full-power). As examples: Kamehameha would be high-power, Makkankousappou would be high-power, Masenko would be medium-power, power blast (also known as generic) would be low-power.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sorry to sy this but a lot of ideas in there are useless, would only complicate the game to mutch for no reason, unbalanced or are already beeing added.

Im toi lazy to reply for every single idea but this summup should do :p

Best answers
Grega said:
Sorry to sy this but a lot of ideas in there are useless, would only complicate the game to mutch for no reason, unbalanced or are already beeing added.

Im toi lazy to reply for every single idea but this summup should do :p
With no specifics mentioned, you've not really said anything. As such, you're just saying nothing in essence. If you're going to attack an idea, then at least back it up.

There's no excuse to post something so trivial without at least MENTIONING something that holds some value. As such, this can be construde as a canned generic response.

I don't mean to imply that any opinion is more valid than another, but you've not really stated an opinion.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
OK if you insist >.< but im still lazy

Sandstorm said:
Before you post a reply, read the entire post.

Gameplay Mechanics
* Health is increased by at least ten fold, or health changes based on power, not ascension. Ie: You might have twice the health for having ten-times the power.
Helthchanges changed due to PL is totaly unbačanced. The strongest player should also have the moast HP yea right >.<

* Flight is changed to be more like that of the flight from Mechmod. Players can cycle between different types of flight, Stationary, Fast, and Fastest. Add in a Booster to enable rushes as well. Change the current combat system so that if you fly into someone in stationary it goes directly to advanced melee (no prepunching), in fast and fastest it goes to prepunch, and with the booster it does a basic melee attack or throw (depending on which button is held).
Flightmodechanges changed to that way would be totaly complicating something that can be\already is done simpler. I mean slow the game down by scrolling throo difrent modes is a bad thing.

* Turbo is a toggle that does not wear off in melee. While in turbo you become faster, but perhaps at the expense of a little bit of power. Turbo can be toggled during power struggles, and melee combat.
Turbo can be toggled during a PS already. But i agree about the melee part.

* Beam attacks can be triggered while in stationary or fast flight modes, but not while in fastest or boosted. Beam attacks while in fast take one half as much more ki because you are concentrating on both improved movement and technique usage at the same time.
Already in. Just press turbo and charge a beam.

* A changed power system to emulate that of the source material. Characters start off at approximately 20,000 Battle Power. Each character could have a technique that may improve themselves (not to mention Turbo). For example, Son Gokou could utilize Kaiouken. He could go from 1x to 20x. Each use is temporary and dependant on his power has a chance to instantly kill him. A transformation could more accurately resemble that of the source, as well, for example, you can obtain SSJ at 300,000 power and it increases power by 50x, causing your power to rocket up to 15,000,000... Perhaps coupled with this are power gain modifiers (ie: Saiyajins would gain slower than others). Characters would still gain power quickly, ie: could get from 20,000 to 1,000,000 in maybe 20 minutes, but some characters could gain faster to make up for the strengths/weaknesses of their characters/species.
After teh end of Frieza saga the powerlevels arnt knows no mather what aney site says. And if you want it your way youd be giving Buu a gigantic PL advantage at the very begining since he apeared at the end of the show. Also Gokus Kaioken would make Goku to good since hes the only one who can use such a thing. I stick to the idea that the team already has with teh stamina system. If you dont know what im talking about read the design documents.

* Reduced costs of differing attacks. For example, to utilize the Ki blast, it would cost next to nothing (say 0.5% of Ki). The attacks would also be reduced in power to compensate for this (as it currently stands you can kill anyone with the ki blast, but noone ever died of a ki blast in the source material because they are so utterly weak, the best the ki blast ever did was cause small amounts of damage, nothing substantial).
Only one thing i say to this. Beamspam bigtime (wore than now). Not to mention easier to run after beamspam since your KI is fuller.

* A better ki efficiency system... Allow characters to fly around longer, use more low-power techniques, and be more powerful.
Im 1.3 there will be a stamina system taht will allow people to fly longer and stuff like that so i give thisone the label already planned.

* If not hard coded changes like this, perhaps the ability to adjust for these options for servers?
No coment since the idea nulifies itself out. If you want cvars for theese things in you need to code theese things in first and than add the cvars.

Technique Changes
* Change Gohan's power shield. Make the shield have no cost, or a cost closer to 0.5% ki per second. When explosions or ki blobs happen around the shield, they are negated (at some ki cost). Beams or other attacks that come into contact with the power shield go into a struggle. Winning the struggle explodes both the attack and the shield (causing 2x damage), losing the struggle causes the attack to explode harmlessly (for those inside of the shield anyway) on the surface of the shield.
Lets see if i got this right. You want the shield to protect from splashdamage and kiblobs. Wouldnt that kinda overpower it. Shield is a good ofensive and defensive weapon buy THX to its KI consumption you have to be carefull when to use it.

* An addition of shishinnoken (the four clone attack) that allows for Piccolo (and possibly Tien-Shinhan if added) to spawn three clones of themselves. These clones are only 1/4 as powerful, however, and offer no power growth for the main user unless he manages to merge with the clones once more before someone else destroys them.
Useless. The buddy system is good enough. And a bit to mutch to do for a simple attacks. Besides it sounds a bit to good. Since you can get out of it with 0 damage >.>

* Enerugiikyuushuu (energy absorbtion) for android-type characters (ie: #18, #17) to both drain players and reduce the power of techniques used on them that are successfully blocked.
They never ussed that. The onlyones that had that were #19 and #20. #17 and #18 never had that. Besides it would give them a to big advantage.

* The Kakusendan (Kulilin's multiple bullet shot) becomes a semi-controlled beam. In this the character has no control over where the beam goes after release, but at any time as long as it's not blown up, they may use the alternate fire button to split the beam into smaller beams that then go forth and try to strike dead on with any valid enemy targets.
Is already implanted in a better way. Its called scaterbeam.

* Changing Vegita's renzoukou energy dan to be rapid fire, as it should be. It would be like with other characters using alternative fire, save that it's twice or even three times as fast. Ki cost would be 0.33% per ki shot, however, they would also be half-as strong as other ki shots (see earlier note to make ki shots weaker than they already are, and then half that).
Already in ESF 1.3 there was a video in the ESF chat part or it was a MOTM oneor a POTW not shure. Search round a bit.

* Changing Zanzouken so that rather than just teleporting a couple of metres away, characters can hold the button for a variable length (1-3 seconds). The longer the button is held, the further away they appear. Characters can either hold a direction before it is utilized or during, or if they do neither they will teleport in a random direction (while of course avoiding redundancies, ie: it would be useless to transport yourself downward if there's 2 feet between yourself and the ground, or if you're standing on the ground). Perhaps the ability to do a "backtrack" zanzouken as well to appear where you originated afterwards, but only if you don't move.
Sounds OK but it wouldnt be ussed to mutch. Since you need fast teleports not long ones. Even with the long ones you cant help mutch cause you are a sitting duck for 3 seconds.

* Make high-power attacks more worthwhile, and low-power attacks also more worthwhile. While it costs more of your ki pool to utilize the high-power attacks (ie: 50% to use a full-power high-power attack), make it efficient to use low-power attacks (ie: 20% to use a full-power low-power attack). Such attacks have damage relative to their power and usage (ie: what could be 200 damage for a full-power high-power, could be 80 damage for a full-power low-power). Perhaps some attacks could be classified as medium-power (ie: 140 damage at expense of 35% ki pool for full-power). As examples: Kamehameha would be high-power, Makkankousappou would be high-power, Masenko would be medium-power, power blast (also known as generic) would be low-power.
Attacks are strong enough already. 2 meleehits +1 genbeam and you are dead. Making them even stronger is totaly unbalanced. If anything they should be made weaker.
End of post

Best answers
The first and last ideas are both inter-linked...

The idea is characters would have at least 1000 health... That way if they get hit by a 200 damage attack, that's not that big of a deal.

Yes I agree that things should be toned down, but the reason for the larger health pools is so that fights last longer as well. It's incredibly horrible when you spawn and get hit by a roaming (or camped) kamehameha, but if you have a lot more health, then it's not quite so bad as you at least *SURVIVE* the attack (whether or not you take huge damage would be linked to whether or not you have higher or lower battle power).

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sandstorm said:
The first and last ideas are both inter-linked...

The idea is characters would have at least 1000 health... That way if they get hit by a 200 damage attack, that's not that big of a deal.

Yes I agree that things should be toned down, but the reason for the larger health pools is so that fights last longer as well. It's incredibly horrible when you spawn and get hit by a roaming (or camped) kamehameha, but if you have a lot more health, then it's not quite so bad as you at least *SURVIVE* the attack (whether or not you take huge damage would be linked to whether or not you have higher or lower battle power).
Counter question.

Why give more HP when you can simple tone down the damage and you have the same result with less work. Also would you like to fight someone for 20 minutes befor you get the first kill due to high HP. I know i wouldnt.

And before you say melee damage should be upped. Thats extra work. Just tone down beams and you fix all 3 problems.

Best answers
The problem is... The ideas sound complicated, but they're not... If you had a working example, I think you'd see the merits in my ideas... The idea isn't to make everything more powerful, it's to make it more epic...

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sandstorm said:
The problem is... The ideas sound complicated, but they're not... If you had a working example, I think you'd see the merits in my ideas... The idea isn't to make everything more powerful, it's to make it more epic...
If this was singleplayer id agree. But its not. Its multiplayer. There is no place for epic. There is gameplay.

Epic simply cant work well with multiplayer gameplay.

Best answers
Grega said:
Counter question.

Why give more HP when you can simple tone down the damage and you have the same result with less work. Also would you like to fight someone for 20 minutes befor you get the first kill due to high HP. I know i wouldnt.

A 20 minute battle? I wouldn't mind that at all... I see where you come from on the health factor, but, as I see it... The longer the fight, the better the fight... My idea is to make it resemble what we're here for... Dragon Ball Z...

My ideas make the game in-tune with the source material... As it currently stands, this game is just a fast-paced flying counter-strike. The one player who has higher resources (in this case power) can use the powerful gun to get one-hit killls. Then, nobody wants to play with the player with the powerful gun.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sandstorm said:
A 20 minute battle? I wouldn't mind that at all... I see where you come from on the health factor, but, as I see it... The longer the fight, the better the fight... My idea is to make it resemble what we're here for... Dragon Ball Z...

My ideas make the game in-tune with the source material... As it currently stands, this game is just a fast-paced flying counter-strike. The one player who has higher resources (in this case power) can use the powerful gun to get one-hit killls. Then, nobody wants to play with the player with the powerful gun.
Correction. "Guns" have nothing to do with ESF. ESF is 70% skill, 20% "guns" and 10% luck (ping lucky angles such stuff).

If you dont have the skill your superbuu will get owned by teh Trunks that just joined the server. Guns have less to do with ESF than youd think. Shure beamspam is a factor. But it can be controled to a limit. As for the fast paced CS type.
Firstly CS is very successfull. Secondly its the fast-paced action that keeps people playing ESF. Not the DBZ content. Heck a lot of people round here cant stand DBZ but still play ESF due to the fast paced action.

Thats why i said epic has no place in multiplayer. Gameplay has it.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Sandstorm said:
With no specifics mentioned, you've not really said anything. As such, you're just saying nothing in essence. If you're going to attack an idea, then at least back it up.

There's no excuse to post something so trivial without at least MENTIONING something that holds some value. As such, this can be construde as a canned generic response.

I don't mean to imply that any opinion is more valid than another, but you've not really stated an opinion.
You sound like "the architect" from the matrix..

I agree with Grega on this one. If it where a single player your ideas would be pretty neat.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sandstorm said:

He stated his opinion in his first post. He finds many of the ideas useless, and many of them would only serve to further complicate the game for newcomers.

As I said long long ago, I'm all for more hp.

Best answers
i do like the Idea of different Flying modes but it would only complicate the game... to have a button that TOGGLES The fly modes...

I suggest you only have 2 fly modes.. The first fly mode is the regular double tap swoop.... The 2nd fly mode is the TRIPLE tap that nearlly goes 2 times as fast and burns nearly double the amount of ki..

also something else that could be added... IN the game when players are hit by a big attack.. the players do take dmg .. but dont really show that they are hurt..

Maybe instead of adding 3 different dmged models.. they could simply have a different set of animations depending on health.. example: when goku walks mabye he could limp while holding his arm.. things like this..

also I believe health should gradually and slowly come back.. not too fast tho.......

they shoudl also input a new kind of teleport.. One that projects afterimages..
example lets say i hold a button then press the direction i want to project my image then press tele.. My Afterimage will be projected forward.. it could be used as a great distraction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom